Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Anyone know of any good general camouflage painting tutorials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I need some 1/72 or so scale WW2 or Vietnam jeeps. Flames of War jeeps would be perfect but they're just a bit too small. Anyone know of some good souces? I need at least 5 and I'd rather not spend more than $5 per.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Buy an ork battlewagon, paint saturn 5 on the side, and mount it on a launching pad.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I saw you post the jeeps in the warhammer thread, do you know a US supplier?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Vaporware posted:

If you don't find green stuff agreeable (I've always had trouble mixing it sufficiently, it's really stiff), I recommend using apoxie, it's much softer in the mixing phase, and I find it easier to work in the modelling phase. If you're a masochist and green stuff isn't stiff enough, use actual plumbers putty.

plumbers putty won't dry for 15 years

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You're thinking of plumbing epoxy. Plumber's putty is for preventing leaks around the brim of sinks and drains. Epoxy like green stuff is for patching cracks, and anything else that needs a permanent, unbreakable seal.

Plumber's putty is basically oil and fine sand. Epoxy is made out of resin.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=26700

if you're interested in historicals this sounds like a good deal to me

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Looks like there is one in 1:500

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

at least they take photos before they glue it all together

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You could make windows by cutting out clear blister packaging plastic.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I got a bunch of paints from a dude who quit 40k, but I think you guys are the nerds who can help me. One of the paints was a pot of Tamiya "Flat Base". It's really thick and I don't think it's a standard acrylic paint. Can anyone what it's used for and tell me how to use it?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

it's not like the original designer is actually attempting to sell those things

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

How do you get a dog to stand still long enough

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If it bugs you so much, then stfu and gtfo pl0x. This is the interwebz - wanna know something spiffy about the browser you're in? You can X OUT OF IT! Ogmwtf? Ya ttly. Cool, right? Stop spending so much energy complaining about things you don't like, hit "Thumbs Down" on your stumble bar, and be on your way. By the way, I totally fapped to this. <3 blood.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

That's true, on the other hand most things modeled do not actually take more work then making the actual thing

Real food rots, turns colors, melts, gets crusty, and a million other things that make it look unappetizing. Fake food has no problems with this. It's a pretty huge industry; almost all commercial photographs of food are of fake food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They make white decal paper, just have to be more careful when you cut it out.