Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I posted about this in the Internet Necromancy thread in GBS; it was recommended I post about it here.

So I've had pictures of these model kits on my harddrive for years:

I knew literally nothing about them, but decided I needed to build them (or things like them.

I found out that the top one with the little pilot dude was made by MiG Productions, and the bottom one is from Maschinen Krieger. I managed to pick up one from eBay the other day, in fact. It's called a "Krote":

It was $50 and it's 1/20 scale. It hasn't arrived yet but it looks like it'll be a fun kit to build.

I love wacky WWII alternate-history occult super-science poo poo, and while it turns out that those aren't strictly WWII models, they match the design aesthetic enough and I think they look really cool.

I guess my question is, does anyone know a non-bank-breakingly way to get more of these things? I've checked eBay and they actually don't have much (other than a lot of Maschinen Krieger "armored fighting suits" in 1/20 and 1/35 scale, and they're pretty pricey).
I've also checked Hobby Link Japan and while they listed some stuff on the site, a lot of it was out-of-stock. Seems that a lot of the Maschinen Krieger stuff is actually from the 1980s and is out-of-stock, too. :sigh:

I also stumbled across Dust which is somewhat similar, but their stuff seems to be either very expensive ($100+ per 1:35 model seems rather pricey to me) or out-of-stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Thanks for the reply. :)

I know they're not actually WWII (isn't the Ma.K stuff set in the year 2800 or something?), it's just the general design aesthetic. Like, mechs and suits like that wouldn't look out of place in a Wolfenstein video game or something like that.

So the top one I posted (the one with the little pilot standing next to it) isn't by MiG? Do you know what company made it?

Also if you or anyone else insult my beloved WWII wacky occult super-science genre by calling it "BS", I will cut you. :hist101:

I'm not being serious, I just love that genre

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I glanced through the thread and didn't really see it mentioned (but maybe I'm just dumb :saddowns: ) but does anyone have any tips/tutorials for working with resin model kits? I've done lead models, I've done pewter models, and I've done plastic models, but I've never worked with resin.

Anything special I should know when it comes to prepping/priming/assembling/painting the stuff?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wibbleman posted:

Wear a face mask, a nice big particle filter mask, as you need to do lots and lots of sanding, and the resin they use tends to be horribly horribly bad for you (like you die if you do it too much). Otherwise, be sure to wash much more throughly than the white metal kits, and put down a nice thin undercoat (dilute mr surfacer 1200/1000 works really well). You will also want to pin things as CA doesn't like resin too much in my experence. So I tend to use two part epoxy (obviously small bits you can get away with CA).
Jesus christ. This sounds like a loving nightmare. I mean, I take my model-building hobby pretty seriously, but not "poison myself to death" seriously. :(

What should I be doing for sanding? Like, am I sanding the whole model? If so, why? I mean, I'm familiar with using metal files on metal/plastic models, but I've never had to use sandpaper on a model before.

Likewise, I've also never had to pin a model, which sounds like a pain in the rear end. :(

God damnit. I bought a bunch of "Secrets of the 3rd Reich" models just because I thought they looked cool, under the assumption that when the item descriptions said "multi-part lead models" that the ENTIRE model was made of metal. Turns out the one I've gotten so far seems to be resin with a few metal parts like gun barrels and stuff, and now I'm worried that ALL of them will be resin or some poo poo.
This is turning into a nightmare. :(

This is the one I've gotten so far:

These are the ones I'm expecting in the mail:

Click here for the full 842x596 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 21, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I sanded and washed my first resin model (the one pictured above) and managed to snap it off at the knees while trying to cut away some of the mold flash. :saddowns:
It's a clean break and it should go back together without an issue, but that brings me to my next problems:

1. Anything I need to know about gluing resin to resin, or gluing metal to resin? The model has a bunch of little bits (the arms, guns, pilot, etc) that are metal that I'll be pegging in and/or gluing on to the main resin body.

2. Anything I should know about priming resin? I've got some matte black indoor/outdoor spraypaint I always use for my metal/plastic models, but I've got no idea how well it'll hold on resin.

Thanks again!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

alcyon posted:

Be more specific please, 'black paint' could be just about anything. Does the can have a label?
As for proper choices for a primer: Already mentioned but mr.surfacer 1000/1200 is my own favorite, tamiya also makes some great spraycan primers. Hell even basic krylon primer could work. What ever brand you choose be sure to wash your resin parts beforehand or else it wont stick.
It's "ColorPlace" brand indoor-outdoor matte black spraypaint. It's essentially the same as Krylon primer.

I just glued everything together, superglue worked great and set pretty much instantly (like, in a matter of seconds). I'm almost done assembling the thing, there's one metal piece that's being finicky and doesn't want to fit right, and I've got one mystery piece that I honestly can't figure out where it's supposed to go. :v:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wibbleman posted:

Resin is not horrible, it just requires a few more saftey steps as it is pretty nasty (like nose bleeds nasty), Sanding is usually for the mold lines, flash, joints and pour blocks. But your best tool is a microsaw and being careful to not snort the dust :) I just use a 3m sanding mask ($10 or so) and that blocks pretty much everything. Occasionally depending on how good the company your getting the model from your requirements for sanding or filling might be near zero, or you could have a huge amount to do.

Pining is not that hard, it just requires some practice and occasionally you have to do nuts things like drill through both parts from the outside so its all lined up right and then fill the hole after the pin is in it. The best way I saw how to do it was in a p3 vid, in that after you have drilled one hole, you just some blu-tack on the joint and push the parts together and then you can see where the hole is and what angle its at, so its much easier to drill at that point.
Awesome, thanks for the tips, I'll pick up a sanding mask next time I'm near Home Depot (or does Wal-Mart or something carry those, too?).

Thankfully I didn't need to do any pinning or even very much sanding or filing for the model I just assembled. It's all assembled except for the cockpit "frame" which is one big piece and one smaller piece. The big piece is meant to fit flush against the front of the main "torso" of the mech and it really isn't fitting flush yet. I'm working on bending the metal and filing it down a bit to get a better fit, but it's being a pain in the rear end. After I get the two cockpit pieces on, the thing will actually be totally assembled and then I can prime and paint it.

Gotta say, though, between plastic, metal, and resin, resin has been my least favorite by far.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Does anyone have any tips for painting battlefield "wear and tear" on military vehicles? Blackened gun barrels, mud splatter on tank tracks, dings and dents from blasts and impacts, things like that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Awesome, thanks guys! That's REALLY helpful. :hfive:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sorry for the double-post - are there any handy guides for painting different kinds of WWII-era camo? Thanks again!

Edit-- also, any suggestions for painting unit numbers or whatever on tanks, planes, etc? I've done some kits that came with decals you could apply, but I've got some kits that I'd need to do numbers myself (or buy decals I guess, if that's an option?).

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 26, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ensign Expendable posted:

I've seen stencils for sale, but buying decals would probably be cheaper if you don't need a lot.
Either one would work, to be honest. Any idea where I could buy some? Like, would a hobby supply store have one? Online stores like the War Store, etc?

edit-- checked Squadron.com, they had some decal sets that could work, but not in white. :saddowns: They had white for drippy/messy numbers, but not for clean numbers like I'd want.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 26, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SkunkDuster posted:

Microscale.com has tons of numbers and alphabets in various colors (including white).
Jackpot, awesome. :cheers: Thanks!

Also, any tips on types of sponges to use for painting weathering effects/rust, etc?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Unkempt posted:

I've been doing a bit of weathering.

It might not be entirely realistic. I like to think of it as 'impressionist'.

edit:

That looks really awesome. Can you give any tips on how you did the rust on the doors? Like, how did you achieve that effect, what colors did you use, etc. Thanks!

Ensign Expendable posted:

I also practiced my weathering/wear and tear/battle damage.

I think I overdid it a bit.
I think it looks pretty neat, but the paint almost looks a little thick - maybe it's just the camera, but the paint seems to be obscuring some of the sculpted details on the model (rivets, viewports, armor lines, etc). Like, I could understand that effect if you wanted the model to look like it just got towed out of a swamp after being submerged for 40 years or something, but I'm not sure if that's the effect you were going for. :(

Unrelated question, but does anyone have tips for doing "realistic" mud splatter on tanks? Like, on the treads, near tread guards, etc.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arquinsiel posted:

Just because I was taking pictures of this lot anyway, here's the same car unpainted:

Not hugely impressive, but given the age and the fact that it's at most three inches long it's well worth the price (5 bux, as part of a set).
So that front "license plate", was that a decal? Or did you hand-paint that?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are there acrylic paints out there that look "wet" after they dry? Like, if I wanted to paint "fresh blood" or "wet mud" on a model or something? Thanks!

Ninja :ninja: -- Sorry about the double-post. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Thanks! My google-fu isn't the best, but hey, those should work and at 3.99 a piece is good enough for me. Just need to load em all up on flat cars now.
Do you have a Target nearby? They have a million of those things on clearance at my local Target for, like, $1.50 apiece.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just stumbled across this rust effects stuff, anyone know if it's any good/worth the money?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nebakenezzer posted:

For some reason car modeling doesn't seem to be a big deal among your serious obsessive modelers. I think it's because to them, a car model is too easy, since you rarely get to show off all yer fancy weathering and texture effects.
Counterpoint: this guy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That reminds me, I need to take pics of some of the minis and models I finished recently (a bunch of WWII mechs and whatnot) and get back to work on my Ma.K Krote.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

FlashBewin posted:

Those Ma.Krotes looked absolutely amazing. The various types of armored-suit looking things not so much (terrible seam lines). The price is awful as well.
I saw that one of the contributing people for Fine Scale Modeler did a hover tank of some sort in that line.

Obviously it looked superb when he did it, but he mentioned that it was $80 and that was a bit much for something not four feet long.
My Krote is gradually coming along - I decided it would be smarter to paint all the pieces on the sprue before assembling it, instead of putting it together and then trying to paint consistently in all of the crevices and poo poo. It's coming along pretty well, I'll be about halfway through the instructions after today and the main "turret" part will be done.

I also picked up one of these on eBay for under $20 with free shipping.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oops. :(

Well, you can see the auction here I guess.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Krote is nearing completion, just need to assemble the legs and then put the components together.

The legs are going to be a bitch. :gonk:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

alcyon posted:

But the main issue is that recasting for profit is loving lame. Garagekits by definition are the limited runs and rare. The original sculptors and casters spend a hell of a lot of time (and money) to make kits of obscure models for other hobbyists to enjoy. Ripping that off is just utter douchbaggery.
I totally understand that, but I actually personally have a problem with garage kits of otherwise licensed properties. There's a well-known sculptor named Narin who does garage kits for Predator (and occasionally, AvP) stuff and it rubs me the wrong way because he's essentially profiting off someone else's IP. I really wouldn't see a problem with people recasting his Predator stuff because if he complained about it he's basically a hypocrite since he's already ripping off someone else's ideas himself.

Out of principle I like to buy authentic, licensed products. I didn't realize the monocycle kit I just bought was likely a recast, I just saw the price and said "holy poo poo, sold". I'm not a fan of buying knock-off Transformers toys for example, and I don't like buying Alien/Predator merchandise that's not licensed by FOX. Narin's kits are generally pretty badass, but I still won't buy them out of principle for the same reason I don't (intentionally) buy recasts.

alcyon posted:

The hip can be secured with just a polycap(is also easier for disassembly for painting), but the kneejoint needs to be glued, a 70degree angle looks nicest.
Really? Maybe I'm reading the instructions wrong, but it looks like the instructions say the knee shouldn't be glued or something.

Edit-- reading that article about recasting and the guy makes some serious leaps of logic that I don't really agree with.

I STILL DON'T REALLY AGREE WITH RECASTING but that's moreso for personal reasons where I'd like to support original creators when possible, but some of the reasons this guy gives for opposing recasting are nonsensical.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 8, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Krote is essentially done, just need to do some paint touch-ups and decide if I want to try and thread that vinyl cord along the legs through the pinhole-sized holes or some poo poo. I also need to put on a bunch of decals.

I actually didn't need to glue the knee joints at all, they're pretty stiff already and they hold the weight just fine without toppling over. Not to mention there's a spring on them that limits how far the knee can compress anyway.

I've got a bunch of extra parts on the plastic sprues though that the instructions don't account for. 6 little 1cm long tubes (barrels?) denoted i6 (sprue "i", #6), 5 teeny tiny little nuts denoted i5, and 4 larger nuts denoted c25. The instructions don't say where I'm supposed to use any of those. :iiam:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

quote:

I wont judge anyone for buying these things, I can understand the 'want' for a certain kit, but selling for profit is another matter.
What if they aren't necessarily doing it for profit?

My only real experience with recasting (other than buying that kit recently, whoops!) is one of my friends, who actually DOES recasting, sort of.
He's a member of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, the big Star Wars costuming group. Now, the 501st is supposed to be a non-profit organization because Lucasfilm owns Star Wars, but that doesn't stop a lot of costumers from actually making a decent profit making and selling costumes for $500-$1000 apiece. Sure they take time and materials to make since they're essentially custom made to-order, but a lot of that is still profit.

My friend has gotten a bit sick of it has started recasting some of his own sets of armor, specifically so that he can undercut the profit-makers and make costumes for people essentially at-cost ($150-$300 a costume). He expressly does this because he loves the hobby, he loves helping people get costumes for affordable prices, and making a profit isn't a factor for him at all.
He also makes his own original molds as well (again, so that he can make costumes at-cost). But if he gets the opportunity to recast, it saves him a lot of time hand-making the mold.

So who is in the "wrong" in this scenario? The members of the non-profit group who are making costumes for profit, or the recaster who expressly computed out his costs so he can price out his recasts and not make a profit?

quote:

You really should add those, they look way cool.
Any tips for threading them? I don't want to accidentally break the model or whatever, haha.

quote:

Not sure how much the latest edition has changed. But those are likely for the similar Gans kit. I'll have a look tomorrow and send a pm.
Awesome, thanks!

Edit-- I've also got 3 long pieces of copper wire that I don't know what to do with. I had the shorter piece that was the "antenna" and that was in the instructions, but I don't know what to do with these 3 longer pieces.

Edit again-- Krote is done, I think it looks awesome. I even threaded the hoses and stuff on it, too. I'll try and snap some pics ASAP.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 9, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

alcyon posted:

These are horrid, horrid turds. re-re-recast.

Edit: Ebay is only useful for finding oop stuff (you kinda have to know what you are looking for). I had a look through all the Ma.k and sf3d listings on there and 95 percent is either fake (and real lovely quality) or waaay over priced.

-The postings really fluctuate as well, one day is a desert the other a goldmine. Anyway best listing I could find was this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SF3D-Original-Neuspotter-Nitto-1-20-scale-/130419870839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_548wt_1154
45$ for a 20-30 year old kit is a loving bargain.

-Best non ebay source for non-oop stuff is HLJ:
http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?SeriesID=968&MacroType=InjKit&Dis=-2&GenreCode=Sci&searchpage=Scitop
The Stingray lunadiver and the Falke are very reasonably priced for kits of that size and complexity and gorgeous as well.
Is there any talk of them re-releasing the "Jerry" or "Super-Jerry" Ma.K kits? I think they look great, but gently caress paying $200+ for them on eBay.

Edit-- also anyone know a place to get these MiG Productions walking tank kits for a somewhat reasonable price?

Edit again-- and the Ma.K Tornado kit?

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 15, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cross-posting from the Trad Games miniatures thread.

Here's a few pics of some stuff I finished up recently. I love wacky WWII occult super-science poo poo (or at least, stuff that fits the general WWII "dieselpunk" aesthetic).

A slightly modified Smart Max "Mauser Earth" Panzerjunker U-Bot (1/35 scale)

Click here for the full 700x570 image.

Click here for the full 465x700 image.

And a Wave/Nitto "Maschinen Krieger" Krote (1/20 scale)

Click here for the full 523x700 image.

Click here for the full 700x467 image.

My sister took the pictures while I was at work; she didn't realize the Krote's legs are "backwards" so she's going to take some more pictures of both models in more even lighting sometime this week. I've got other stuff I finished up recently as well, mostly "Secrets of the Third Reich" stuff like mech walkers, powered armor, and Nazi zombies, as well as a 1/72 scale Horten Ho 229.

I'm working on a set of Wargames Factory "Shock Troops" right now, and I've got a JunkTankRock "SEG-888 Hornet" coming in the mail.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 16, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just scored another Ma.K model kit, I got an original "Fledermaus" 1/20 kit from a Japanese seller for $50. Seemed like a pretty good deal, and the kit looks cool:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

New pics of my "wacky WWII"-themed model kits and miniatures:

Click here for the full 610x700 image.

Click here for the full 548x695 image.

Click here for the full 467x700 image.

Click here for the full 467x700 image.

Click here for the full 700x379 image.

Click here for the full 700x414 image.

Click here for the full 575x700 image.

Click here for the full 613x700 image.

Click here for the full 588x700 image.

Click here for the full 539x700 image.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cakefool posted:

Very nice, I love the sentinel/helmet jobby.

What scale is that flying wing?
The Go-229 is 1:72 scale. In fact, I built the exact kit that Nebakenezzer linked to.

It's a fun kit and it's not too hard to make, you even get some options on decals/markings, whether you want landing gear up or down, and whether you want the weapon coverings on or off. In fact, I think the way the kit is designed you can build the jet engines separately, and the wings are separate the same way they are on the real plane.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Unkempt posted:

I love stuff like this. This is what I've been making recently (not finished, obviously)

- it's a Hughes Devastator from Crimson Skies, for those that don't know.
Crimson Skies owns, I have a bunch of pewter miniatures from that, including the "museum scale" Devastator. I'll have to take some pictures of it, it's pretty neat. Mine has an identical paint scheme to yours, but the colors are different. Where yours is red, white, and black, mine is grey, yellow, and navy blue, respectively.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 23, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

No Pun Intended posted:

Yeah, I'd love to see that. I am presuming the answer is "no" but is there anywhere to get one anymore (for a reasonable price)?
I've got no idea, to be honest. I got my Devastator back in 2003 or so.

No Pun Intended posted:

Isn't that the German livery from Crimson skies?
I don't think it is, I just chose those colors because it was the same colors of the university I was attending at the time. :v:

No Pun Intended posted:

Also Unkempt I love that Devastator, it was always my favorite CS plane.
Hell yes, the Devastator was always my favorite Crimson Skies plane as well.

Looking at my Devastator I would probably strip the paint and repaint it if I could, it looks a little sloppy. It was one of the very first models I ever painted and I really didn't use the right brushes for the job because I didn't know what I was doing. I also painted it with enamel paints because I didn't know the difference between acrylics and enamels, so I don't even know how I'd strip the paint on it to re-do it without totally ruining the model or something. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You forgot to add guns to it?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Been banging out a few models lately, I'll try to do up some pictures this weekend. I did a Junk Tank Rock SEG-888 monocycle like this one:

And I'm finishing up a Machinen Krieger AFS mk.1 similar to this one:

I need to touch up the paint a little, do the decals, and do the finishing spray and it'll be good to go.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm going to finally have some new pics to post of some of the stuff I've been working on lately. I got that JunkTankRock monocycle done, I finished up a 1/72 scale Ta-183 jet, and I got some more pictures of some other other stuff I'd done. I'll try to post them in the next few days.

I'm working on a BV-194 and Hetzer tank (both 1/72 scale), and still plugging away on that Ma.K Fledermaus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Awesome job! That came out REALLY nice. :golfclap:

I've finally got photos of some of the stuff I finished up recently, I'll post them up when I get home from work.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

hentaipanda posted:

Thanks! I'm quite pleased with it aswell! What have you made?
Well I did these things, and then a bunch of other wacky WWII-themed stuff:

1/35th scale JunkTankRock SEG-888 hornet monocycle

1/20th scale Maschinen Krieger AFS mk1

A whole bunch of "Secrets of the Third Reich" miniatures, including:

American powered-armor

German powered-armor

1/35 scale "Mauser Earth" Haupsturmfuhrer von Kardsten figure

1/72 scale Ta-183

And more pictures of my Machinen Krieger 1/20 scale Krote

My sister took like 50 pictures (including some of a few models not pictured) and apparently those were the only pictures that ended up being worth a drat. :sigh: I'll see if she can snap some more pictures for me soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Including the copper antenna? Maybe 6" tall.

I got all my Ma.K stuff off eBay. I think I paid about $60 for the Krote, $20 for the AFS mk1, and I've got a Fledermaus (also 1/20) I'm working on that ran me maybe $30 but that's abnormally cheap for a Fledermaus.

Those are really the only 3 Ma.K sets I'm interested in building, too.