Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
Class is out, summer is here and we just moved to a house with a big basement, so I want to set up a table for doing this type of thing. I've built a few in the past with my father who has been doing this since he was a kid, and I even built one a few years ago that I was fairly proud of, but it's lost in storage somewhere. I'll definitely be posting in here to exchange tips etc.

By the way, that touch-n-flow looks cool, and the clamping kit looks like a gift from god. Might have to pick these up.

Also, does anyone know of a good online resource for picking up scale plastic car models? There is a hobby store not too far from here but the selection isn't all that great as the guy is mostly devoted to trains and planes.

Looking forward to a cool thread!

EDIT: Whenever I build a car, the body paint done with a spray can doesn't come out very satisfying. Should I be looking into an airbrushing system or jut take more time and do a million thin coats for a more even look with the spray can?

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof

Powdered Toast Man posted:

:words:

I looked up Iwata's site, downloaded the PDF parts guide and skimmed through it, looks like a cool piece.

Just so I understand, I have to buy this, and a compressor also that is compatible with the CR? Or does it come in a neat little package compressor included?

Going along with what you said earlier, there really is nothng like visiting your local hobby store. Even though his primary focus is trains and planes, the owner is a great guy and runs his business just so he and his hobbyist friends can have a place to hang out drink coffee and talk shop. Great place to support with your hard earned ducats.

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 5, 2009