Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I think it should be said that the closer you think you are to understanding the Slender Man, the more incorrect you really are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TremendousMajestic posted:

GyverMac, I'm requesting another woodcut.

Ok, I'll see what i can do! Searching through all the history archives are time consuming work tho.

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.

JossiRossi posted:

I think it should be said that the closer you think you are to understanding the Slender Man, the more incorrect you really are.

This. Slender Man is beyond our comprehension.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

EvilRic posted:

I love the slender man stuff especially the one where he's following through the neighborhood.

I think this one with the fire and a couple of the others would be a lot creepier if he was in his man form and a little more hidden than fully tentacled and in plain view. It'd make him a bit more sinister in those situations.

Only a tiny point though i still love all the submissions.

fixed mine a little to make it more subtle, i kinda like the tentacle thing though, makes him stand out rather than just being an imitation G-Man from the HL series.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Degenerate Star posted:

This is outstanding. Danse macabre art is creepy anyway, and the stylized figures here really work for the Slender Man -- there's a great :aaa: moment when you sort out what's wrong here.

I gotta know: did he make this himself?

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't like when you can see him very clearly.

He's scariest when he's too far away to get a good look but you can definitely see a horribly disproportional "man".

Whenever he's a lone watcher in the distance like in the street/neighborhood series just posted, that poo poo really gives me the chills.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

I don't like when you can see him very clearly.

He's scariest when he's too far away to get a good look but you can definitely see a horribly disproportional "man".

Whenever he's a lone watcher in the distance like in the street/neighborhood series just posted, that poo poo really gives me the chills.

I'm prone to agree, but a healthy mix isn't a bad thing. The one where he was in front of the camera at the foot of the stairs made me jump.

Also, two nights of no sleep! Thanks, Slender Man!

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I keep thinking of him like the creature in It, where he's been around, and people even know that he's there (or that something is very very wrong, at the very least) but that people don't want to know, and that's why he's able to do what he does... whatever that is.

I don't really want to know what he does, come to think of it.

Farchanter posted:

Also, two nights of no sleep! Thanks, Slender Man!

I was reading this last night in bed on my laptop... in a bed which sits directly against the window... I thought I heard scratching a couple of times. For Chrissake, I'm a war veteran and I was scaring the poo poo out of myself.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I tried sitting on my couch with my back to the window for as long as I could before I had to turn around.

I'm such a chicken :(. The discoveries of this and Ichor Falls shall surely ruin me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I slept really well last night.

Because I only got two hours the previous night, and it's entirely due to Slender. Also I slept with a sledgehammer under my pillow.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

hey guys, you reckon this might be the first human record of the slender man?

his proportions seem different from the other men in the painting?

was found in a cave in brazil estimated to be dated at around 9,000 BC

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

dpack_1 posted:

Hmmm... I hate to sound like a Japanese hentai director but... needs more tentacles.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Farchanter posted:

It's mostly cut and paste and transform in photoshop of an existing woodcut thing.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

An observer posted:

It's mostly cut and paste and transform in photoshop of an existing woodcut thing.

I gotta say, it's one of the first photoshops I've ever seen that fooled me completely.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Farchanter posted:

Yup i did. :)

I used the clone stamp ALOT, it works really well with black and white drawings like woodcuts!

Click here for the full 475x631 image.

quote:

Another woodcut dated to around the 1540's. Its the work of Hans Freckenberg who disappeared in 1543 in Halstedt. The entity to the right is very similar to the odd humanoid from Freckenbergs earlier woodcut; 'DER RITTER' since both share many of the same features such as unatural height and long limbs. One thing to point out is that much work went into the entity to the right, at the cost of the depiction of the people to the left and middle in the woodcut wich is very crude, something that is quite unusual for Freckenberg who was best know for his lifelike depictions of humans in his earlier works. The reason for this sudden change of priorites in Freckenberg's style are still a topic of hot debate.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 16, 2009

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Okay… I’ve been pondering this all day.

Let me preface this by saying that I am an extremely sceptical person. I do not believe in God, I do not believe in fairies, I don’t believe in magic and I think stories about “alien abductions” or conspiracy theories are irritating beyond belief because so many people waste their time believing them. My job requires me to think of cases in terms of proof – I am a biologist, and unfortunately I get confronted with all sorts of kooky theories more than I’d like. But I’ve never been able to get a grip on the following story, which has haunted me for years. I’m still not sure what it is, and I never had a name for it until I came across oblique references to the “Slender Man” from a friend who’s interested in cryptozoology (and who forwards me this kind of stuff just to annoy me).

As a kid, I used to live in a rural area that only really got urbanized in the early ‘90s. Apart from the village’s main road and a few smaller roads, the east of the village was a dense, murky forest and the west of the village was bordered by the Scheldt river. Since the Scheldt had been more or less straightened out by engineers a long time before I was born, a lot of its former anabranches had been cut off and had become marshes. Further uphill from the marshes were a number of farms, extensive wheat fields, grassy plains and an abandoned brickyard.

We used to live in one of the oldest houses in the village, so creaky floors, cracks in the walls that produced strangely melodious sounds when it was storming, or generally strange movements and sounds outside the house at night were pretty common, and I was used to them even as a toddler. I slept in a particularly noisy bedroom with a very high ceiling, a very tall door and a large window. One of my only memories of this room is quite a terrifying one. When I was about five years old, I awoke in the middle of the night because my window had been blown open by a strong gust of wind. Now, I probably would’ve gone back to sleep because I was used to the sound and the feeling of the chilly autumn wind, but this time I heard and felt nothing. A very strong sensation of terror gripped me, and I wanted to scream for my parents, but found that I couldn’t speak a word, nor make any sort of movement. At that moment, the door to my bedroom opened with a very loud bang, and in the opening, lit in the back by the dimmed lights from the hallway, stood a vaguely human figure so tall that it easily filled up the available space. The figure looked impossibly slim, and its legs seemed to fade away near the ground, while its arms were flung wide and far. Although I couldn’t discern any sort of feature, I got the dizzying sensation that it was looking at me. Then, I heard its voice, which didn’t seem to emanate from its mouth, nor did it feel like it was directly speaking in my mind – rather, its voice came from all over the room simultaneously, surrounding me. Its sound was very deep and disjointed, as if someone was speaking through a metal tube. The creature thundered the word “Jozef” at me. Jozef used to be a fairly common Dutch name. When the creature then started shrieking at me, I somehow regained control of my voice, closed my eyes and screeched at the top of my lungs. I only opened my eyes again when I heard my parents dashing up the stairs. The creature was gone.

As I came of age, I dismissed this experience as an extremely vivid nightmare, possibly even a hallucination, since I became very ill the next day, and according to my mother, I had an abnormally high fever. The only thing that haunted me about the story, which I couldn’t erase from my mind, was that when my parents were running up the stairs, my door was still wide open, while I knew that it had been shut when I fell asleep.

I nearly forgot about this ordeal until I was about 20 and started inquiring about my family history. I was asking my mother a few questions, purely out of curiosity. This mainly had to do with the peculiar fact that a lot of her male ancestors died at a very young age – she was a baby when her father had died due to stomach cancer, she was a toddler when her uncle died in a car crash, and she’d never known her mother’s father because he’d died in 1947. My great-grandfather’s brother died young as well, in a freak accident while watching a lightning storm from the window of his bedroom – he was struck by lightning and killed on the spot. Another one of her great-uncles drowned in the Scheldt after losing a wager to see who could swim fastest after lunch. Nearly all of them were local villagers and farmers.

Now, as I was asking about my great-grandfather, whose fate piqued my interest, my mother became very dismissive, and told me I wouldn’t want to know the story behind his untimely death, since “it was an ugly mess”. Obviously, her attempts to not speak about it only increased my interest, if only because I had in fact known my great-grandmother for a short period, and she, too had refused to talk about her deceased husband. So eventually, my mother told me the story.

In 1940, Belgium was occupied by Nazi Germany. Because my future great-grandmother, whose name was Agnes, and her husband had a big grocery store on a transit road between two villages, their house was chosen by the Germans as a makeshift garrison. My family hated it. They spoke only very little German, and the soldiers made no effort to learn any Dutch. They treated my family as if they were mentally incapacitated yokels, and ate all of their food. There was one exception, however – a young soldier named Peter, who was actually interested in the village and frequently asked for directions to the best walking routes through the nearby forests and marshes. Grudgingly, my great-grandfather accompanied him, but over the next months, they hesitantly developed some sort of friendship, because it turned out that Peter not only was an adamant trekker who loved being outdoors, he was also an amateur photographer, just like my great-grandfather.
In the late Summer of 1942, something terrible happened. One evening, my great-grandfather and Peter were exploring the marshes and taking a few pictures. A few hours later, well past midnight, my great-grandfather came home, looking like an utter maniac, wide-eyed and sweaty, shaking and unable to utter a coherent word. The other Germans in the house were very alarmed, and while two of them guarded my great-grandfather, the rest went to look for Peter. From what my mother told me (and she heard the story from her own mother, who was about 9 years old at that time), the Germans came back in the early morning with some of Peter’s equipment, visibly shaking and completely silent. The next day, they took my great-grandfather, who was still dazed and alternated between screaming fits and apathy, with them and relocated to another house. My great-grandfather was sent to a German factory where lots of young Belgians were forcibly sent, because he was blamed for Peter’s death*, even though the local commander admitted to Agnes that they knew he hadn’t killed him. The commander hoped that my great-grandfather would “straighten out” again under the heavy routine of the labour there. He was wrong.

In 1946, one year after the war had ended, my great-grandfather came back home. He had obviously been treated very badly at the factory. He was completely emaciated, had a bunch of nasty scars and was deathly exhausted. The worst thing was, he was now completely apathetic to anything. He mostly didn’t eat and slept a lot, stared off into space or went on strange long walks without explaining where he had gone. The day before he died, he destroyed nearly all of his old stuff, and ripped out all pictures of all albums he had collected – he only kept one picture, which he paraded around the house like a lunatic, constantly pointing at it: “It’s him! It’s him!” he kept repeating, until he collapsed on the living room floor and drifted off into a coma. The next day, he died.

My great-grandmother wanted to burn that last picture, but my future grandmother managed to salvage it, and later kept it in her attic. Last year, after she had died, I quietly searched her house for the picture… and I found it. I wish I never had. The horror of my encounter with the terrifying creature, the “Slender Man” as you all call him, came back in full force. You can call me stupid for only making the connection at that moment, but my great-grandfather’s name was Jozef.

I apologize for the bad quality of the picture, but it was pretty wasted when I found it, and my scanner is a piece of junk. I have a higher-resolution image available on request.

* In my village’s official history, Peter’s death was described as an accident. The official explanation was that he had sunk into a pile of gravel while on watchout, and suffocated. This is ostensibly untrue, because there was no need for watchouts in my village in 1942, and no soldier in their right mind would think of a pile of gravel as a good lookout spot.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I was looking on wikipedia to see if I could find more info on The Slender Man and wasn't surprised to draw a big goose egg. So while nosing around lists for unexplained or paranormal events for instances in the past that might have been misidentified I ran across this gem:

quote:

Perhaps the most famous sighting is reported to have taken place on October 11, 1966 in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The entity was sighted by two boys, James Yanchitis and Marvin Munoz, as they were walking home along Fourth Street and New Jersey Street when they reached a corner parallel to the New Jersey Turnpike. The turnpike is elevated and there is an extremely steep incline going down from the busy street above which leads to Fourth Street. A very large, high wire fence runs along the edge of the other street below where the boys were walking, making it incredibly difficult to near impossible for anyone to want to climb up the incline to the turnpike above. There are bright street lights in that area, which gave the boys a good glimpse of what they called "the strangest guy we've ever seen." Yanchitis noticed the strange entity first. "He was standing behind that fence", he stated later to investigators. "I don't know how he got there. He was the biggest man I ever saw." "Jimmy nudged me", Marvin Munoz reported to police, "and said, Who's that guy standing behind you?' I looked around and there he was... behind that fence. Just standing there. He pivoted around and looked right at us... then he grinned a big old grin." There had been recent reported incidents of violence in the nearby neighborhood, such as a middle-resident being chased by a "tall man" down that same street and on the same night, so the boys fled quickly.

Well-known author, paranormal investigator, and journalist John A. Keel visited the two boys in Elizabeth, New Jersey, three days after the incident. Along with Keel came UFO lecturer James Moseley. Munoz and Yanchitis were interviewed by Keel separately in the home of Mr. George Smythe and both boys told the exact same story. "The man was over six feet tall, they agreed, and was dressed in a black bussiness suit that seemed to absorb the street lights." The boys also said "He had a very pale complexion, and little round eyes...real beady...set far apart." The most frightening and bizarre aspect of the encounter is the fact that "They could not remember seeing any hair, ears, or nose on this figure."

Quarry Man
Aug 14, 2006
Spray and Pray!
This next image was found in Egypt, believed to be a depiction of the Slender Man. Referred to as in the text “Thief of the Gods” or “Thief of Kuk” (Kuk is the Egyptian Deity of Darkness, depicted as female, perhaps why the Slender Mans victims are mostly women). The carving dates back to roughly 3100 BCE in lower Egypt. It is most commonly mentioned around Pharoh Wazner, and it is theorized that he had some sort of encounter with the Slender Man, but it has never been determined.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

dpack_1 posted:

Brazil? OH poo poo! My cave friend said he found one of the slender amn in Iceland, maeanign he can got from Brazil to Iceland, and he wasn't seen anywhere else. Maybe he can change shape to look human.

cloudy
Jul 3, 2007

Alive to the universe; dead to the world.

Images associated with the "Slender Man" phenomenon. Filed under S.MAN. Extracted from journal of missing person *** *******, female, age 23.

Multiple corresponding depictions of humanoid form, multiple mutations or deformations. Several consistent identifying markers, with other traits changing or "transforming" from image to image. Total 32 pages relevant to case.

Velochis
Apr 4, 2002

We go play hope

Victor Surge posted:

Steinmen Woods

This stuff is terrifying even though I know it's fake.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

GyverMac posted:

Yup i did. :)

I used the clone stamp ALOT, it works really well with black and white drawings like woodcuts!

Well, it looks fantastic. Good work.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

This is like the worst kind of Where's Waldo.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

Volponi posted:

I like the idea of just one Slender Man. Multiple worldwide sightings are due to his ability to travel ethereally; he exists inter-dimensionally and is not subject to restrictions of our space-time.

Differing appearances are the result of multiple factors. One, nobody ever sees all of him, just whatever portion that the entity has 'phased' into their proximity. Two, most Slender Man 'sightings' are indistinct glances or unclear photos; if anyone has gotten a good view of him, they're not around to describe him.

"Some say that the worst monsters reside in the imagination, drawn from the greatest fears of those who imagine them. I say there are horrors beyond mortal imagining, and they are far worse. And I have looked on both."

TheRiffie posted:

This. Slender Man is beyond our comprehension.

It's because he lives in our primal, ancient, subconscious mind that he appears more often when people begin to think of him. He changes because he plays on our fears. He lives in a nebulous, timeless twilight that constantly shifts. And the more stories you post, the more images you find, the more you think about him, the more he feeds and the stronger he grows.

He isn't coming. He is already here, and he always has been, and always will be.

Fussygoddess
Apr 8, 2005
Why do they all come to me to die?

Ejiehi posted:

This is like the worst kind of Where's Waldo.

Yep. I was looking through pictures in another thread and kept moving closer to the screen trying to find Slender Man. I guess it's a good thing he wasn't there?

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

Wonder Bra posted:

It's because he lives in our primal, ancient, subconscious mind that he appears more often when people begin to think of him. He changes because he plays on our fears. He lives in a nebulous, timeless twilight that constantly shifts. And the more stories you post, the more images you find, the more you think about him, the more he feeds and the stronger he grows.

He isn't coming. He is already here, and he always has been, and always will be.

No, no, no, you're all wrong.

The Slender man is an alien who crash landed thousands of years ago and lives underground, in the hollow core of the Earth.

Speaking of which, The slender man reminds me of something, now that i think about it...

This is the last panel from a popular horror Manga called Gyo. This is also the last panel in a story entitled "The Enigma of Amigara Fault". On one side, people see people-shaped holes, on the other side... well, the holes are shaped differently.

Perhaps this was inspired by the Slender Man, perhaps this is simply a way to explain the existence of a being like the Slender man...

(I'm not a photoshopping expert, but I live near the woods, I could borrow a camera and take a few pics tomorrow if anyone's willing to PS stuff in it...

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Mr. 47 posted:

Hmmm... I hate to sound like a Japanese hentai director but... needs more tentacles.

TO: OPTIC NERVE

SUBJECT: INTERESING READ

SENT: MAY 8TH, 2009

A friend of mine who works with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department sent me this article while investigating the suicide of famed manga artist Go Waita. At first I just skimmed through it but then something caught my eye. Figured someone in the S.MAN case might want to see

TRANSLATED FROM JAPANESES HORROR FAN MAGAZINE "DEADLY DOOM DELIGHTS"

AN INTERVIEW WITH THE MASTER OF EROTIC HORROR GO WAITA

by Hiro Koga

Feb 19th, 2009

Go Waita has written and drawn close to 230 guro stories in his 40 year career and in that time he hasn't given an interview until now! As I sit in his studio I am greeted by pictures of his most well know creation, The Suited Demon.

Koga: I like to thank you once again for inviting me into your studio. It is a real honor to be the first person to interview you!

Waita just slightly nods.

Koga: Well, I guess my first question is about your most famed creation, Suited Demon...

Waita: I didn't create him.

Koga: Oh... well who did? A friend?

Waita: He's real.

Koga: Real? A creature like that is real? Rapeing school girls...

Waita: The sex and rape in my stories aren't my idea. That's something the editors and others wanted... the demon is real.

Koga: How do you know this?

Waita: I've seen it... it killed my sister.

Koga: You seen it kill?

Waita just looks at me. He then stands up, walks to his bookcase and pulls out a large, old sketch book. He opens it and shows me drawings of the Suited demon carrying a young child into the woods. As I flip through the pages the story that plays out is like one that plays out in many of Waita's books, except no graphic sex.

Waita: The girl in those pictures is my sister. She was seven years old when the demon took her.

Koga: How did you see this happen?

Waita: I followed her and the demon into the woods. I was eleven at the time. I thought that the demon was a man... a child molester trying to harm my sister. I followed them into the woods... that's when I watch it happen.

Koga: You didn't try to help?

Waita: I couldn't I was stunned in terror when I saw it's true form... when I saw it tear into her... It didn't see me... or if it did it didn't care. I must have sat there for several hours because my father was the one who found me the next morning. I tried to tell the police what I saw but they said that I must have been in shock. That I must have been forced to watch some killer murder my sister.

Koga: I see... I'm sorry to bring it up... but if this haunts you... why base so many of your stories on it? Almost all your books are on this demon.

Waita: You don't get it... it's all I can draw...

At this time Waita looked upset. He went to his book case pulling out all his sketch books, opening up pages of half done works, most looking like they were the start of normal pictures but suddenly they are invaded by the suited demon.

Waita: See... see... I tried to draw different things... normal pictures, portraits, even other types of stories.... but it always comes up... FOR FORTY GOD drat YEARS!

I could see at this point that Waita was very angry with me. I quickly left his studio. At the time of me writing this I almost scraped this interview until he called my office, demanding that I print this.

Waita killed himself last week. When I tried to see if there was any way to see those sketch books my friend with the TMPD said that Waita killed himself by setting himself and his studio on fire. I picked up several of his Suited Demon books. All of them have the same thing, S.MAN kidnapping and murdering girls in the woods (with extra panels of sex thrown in, talking with his publishers they stated that in fact they did ask him to throw in the sex/rape aspect to the stories.)

I'm waiting for the reports to come in from the fire department to see what caused the blaze. I'm wondering if this was a suicide or if the reports will say anything about blue flames... like that house fire in 93!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A creep in the fog.

I live in California, so we almost never get fog but several nights we've had it pea-soup thick. I couldn't let this rare opportunity pass, so I went out driving at night.

First up was an Elementary School close by, this is it's parking lot:

This was just a random intersection, I thought the green light in the back looked pretty cool so I snapped this:

Near my friends' house, I started getting a strange feeling. Like the one you get from being followed... never found out why:

This is when I started to head back out of fear. I didn't know if I'd ever been able to snap photos in this fog again, so I kept taking them:

One of the final stops through a dark residential block, I think someone dropped their hose while making the turn. I didn't investigate what those... things were on the ground:

On the road home, I was definitely worried but I still didn't know why, so I took one last shot before heading home.

That's all I got, if I was any better at Photoshop I would have made more since I have a ton of pictures. All of the story is true and I did take these pictures while we had really thick fog, but the rest is false.

Or is it?

onecoolart
Feb 11, 2008
Watch, you'll see it. Right outside, yes, it's there.

An observer , Liku posted:

Pictures

These are the best things of all in this thread. Marvelous job, the both of you. Put chills down my spine.

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
OK, as I can't seem to attach images to anything at the moment (I am clearly useless at simple technology and should be shot) I have put all the shoppable pics into a photobucket account. Do what you will with them- I have written a slender man story that they might work with. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/kytten/Slender%20Man/

TEXT-----------------------
So, it looks like The Slender Man phenomenon is more widespread than we though. It's amazing what you can find on the web- these were leaked. Not going to tell you WHERE I found them though. Seems Slender Man has been sighted in England, at any rate, if these reports and photos are to be believed.

Emergency call transcript, Jul 20th 2003

Operator: Hello Caller, what is your location?
Caller: Help... Please help...
Op: What is your location, please caller?
Caller: [inaudible] know! we're in some old house...
OP: Where is the house located?
Caller: Somewhere on [inaudible]. Somethings here.
OP: What is the emergency?
Caller: Somethings here! Something bad. It's hurt my boyfriend, it just [iaudible]
OP: You and your boyfriend have been attacked?
Caller: Yes! Please send help. Anything!
OP: Sending officers to your location now. Please stay on the line, caller.
Caller: I can't! It'll hear me! Oh, god... [Inaudible.]
OP: Caller?
Caller: [Heavy breathing]
OP: Caller, officers will be there soon, please remain calm
Caller: [Unidentifiable sound]
[Caller disconnect]

According to the reports the emergency service traced the call to a mobile phone just outside city limits. When officers and paramedics arrived on scene they found an abandoned building, with no-one around. The door was wide open, broken into. On checking the interior they found nothing- except a camera.

When the pictures were published, they found these. Creepy, huh?

Oh, but it doesn't end there. Canvassing the few houses out there garnered reports that the place was 'haunted' they'd seen strange things around there, wouldn't let their kids play there, standard stuff like that. Some kid had died several years ago, pretty nasty. On a whim, I wanted to see if I could track down the statements from that time- I found one, from the brother. Pretty interesting reading... I've excerpted the best bits, got rid of all the distraction. The kid seems pretty upset when you read through it- understandable, really.

Extracts of witness statement, 16 may 1963
... I don't know why we went to the house. Just seemed like a fun thing to do. I don't know why the old owners left. It's been empty for a long long time. We got there at about ten I think and we went to look around. James did some silly stuff. Like throw a brick at a window. He's always trying to get me in trouble....[six sentences cut] it took us ages to break into the house but when we got in it was strange, really odd. All the old stuff there, all the old stuff from the old family. Even plates on the table, everything. It was really dusty, nothing has been in for long time... upstairs there was loads of writing on the wall it didn't make any sense. Pictures of a man. A tall man with long arms. The writing was scary. I didn't like it....[paragraph cut] when we went into a bedroom my brother said it was a girls bedroom. he got on the bad and started making moaning noises. My brother's thirteen. He was laughing, I told him he shouldn't. Because the girl might be watching...[two sentence cut] I don't know why I thought someone might be watching but it felt like it was. I really wanted to get out of the bedroom. The window was open and it was really cold...[paragraph cut] I looked out of the window. I saw someone. Someone really tall and plae, wearing black. He was really thin. I thought he might be the house owner and I was scared. I shouted at my brother. My brother came to the window. He got all pale and started looking funny. The tall pale man was coming closer. My brother told me to get out of the room and hide. I hid for ages and I heard steps on the stairs and then I didn't hear anything any more. I waited for hours but when I got out of the cupboard my brother was gone. I've seen the thin man twice since outside my house. I'm scared...

Oddly enough, on the 26th of the month Simon Doyle, brother of James Doyle was reported missing. Three months later two bodies were found at an abandoned train station badly mutilated. They were tentatively identified as Simon and James.

As for what happened to the family that owned the house before? I think we can guess. The words we know for sure were painted on the wall read as follows:
He is coming, the slender man is coming
He knows.
He knows where you sleep and where you live
Only he knows what he wants
He watches
He wants

Who knows what else has happened? Where else he's been? By the way the investigation has officially been taken off the hands of [REDACTED] police and handed off to a more 'experienced' squad, apparently. What are they keeping from us this time? Just what is going on?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Anyone wanna write the radio transcript from this shot?

Obviously the soldiers were officially listed as AWOL...

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
Facts so far about the Slender Man:

-It's a shape-shifter, and varies between 9 and 16 feet in height.
-Its face is terribly deformed and he has two glowing orbs for eyes, it is also suspected that it wears a fake face.
-It has tentacles which it can conceal, these tentacles vary in appearance.
- It frequently stalks children for reasons unknown, and impales adults on trees after ritualistically removing and replacing their organs.
- It hates being photographed but is absolutely terrible at avoiding it or destroying the evidence.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

dpack_1 posted:

Anyone wanna write the radio transcript from this shot?

Obviously the soldiers were officially listed as AWOL...

THIS TRANSSCRIPT IS PROPERTY OF D.O.D.

TOP SECRET

RADIO COM

HQ: Echo 1 come in.

Echo 1: Echo 1 reporting. Still no sign of convoy.

HQ: Any activity at all?

Echo 1: Negitive, It is pitch black out here, nothing moving at all.

HQ: Stay alert. Insergents may be in area.

Echo 1: Hold on... I see something. Johnson give me a spot...

[massive static]

HQ: Come in Echo 1. What do you see?

Echo 1: It's [static] the doors [static] blood [static]

HQ: Repeat, is there wounded?

Echo 1: N...[static] Wai...[static]... the gently caress shot.... [gunfire then static]

HQ: Respond Echo 1. Whats going on?

Echo 1: [paniced tone] Oh god keep fir... [gunfire, static]

HQ: Echo 1... Echo 1 respond... Echo 1 respond!

REPORT: Another four man Army Ranger Team went out to the last location of Echo 1. What was found were several discarded M16 rifles, clips empty, the radio, smashed, and the remains of several Humvees. Blood was found inside the Humvees but no bodies or any other signs of struggle were found. The night vision camera was found 300 feet away from the Humvees. The only image found was the one shown. It is unknown what the figure in the back ground is or if it was some kind of defect on the camera it's self.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Fussygoddess posted:

Yep. I was looking through pictures in another thread and kept moving closer to the screen trying to find Slender Man. I guess it's a good thing he wasn't there?

He's there. Just very well hidden.

edit: I think.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

cowboythreespeech posted:

He's there. Just very well hidden.

edit: I think.

I hate it when I can't see "him" because I end up getting tense as I look and then usually "he" pops out at me...

content:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

apsouthern posted:

I hate it when I can't see "him" because I end up getting tense as I look and then usually "he" pops out at me...

content:

This is loving terrific.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

apsouthern posted:

content:

excellent work

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

Radio and video transmission from the bathyscaphe Nyx, following a deep-sea excursion on April 6th, REDACTED.

Transmission Resumes

(Following a burst of static, video and radio return. Outside Nyx is a wall of blackness lit only by powerful lights attached to the hull.)

Jonas REDACTED: "...ack online. Can you hear me? Over."

Patricia REDACTED: "Some interference, but clear enough to hear. Over."

J.: "Thought I was lost there for a minute. Any idea what's causing interference? Over."

P.: "No clue. Usually you come in nice and... wait. Port camera. What's that?"

J.: "Hn?"

(In the lights on the port side are long, irregular streaks through the plant life on the sea floor. The plants near the path are sickly and dying.)

P.: "Looks like something gouged into there."

J.: "Wait... there's scoring on the rock below. drat. Whatever did that had some serious kick."

(The port camera zooms in.)

P.: "There's a lot of them... seem to be going off in either direction. Did you notice any of these earlier?"

J.: "No. Rock face is clear behind me. Maybe whatever-it-was didn't start feeding until now."

P.: "You're... going to follow it. Follow the trail of something that cut through rock."

J.: "As long as it doesn't try to nip me, I'll be fine."

(The bathyscaphe follows the scorches through the plants. They continue on for several dozen yards.)

J.: "Hey... I see something."

(There is nothing visible in the wall of darkness.)

P.: "What do you see? The cameras aren't picking it up."

J.: "Hang on. Scooting in..."

(The bathyscaphe gradually crawls forward. For a moment, a tall, vaguely humanoid shape leans out of the dark. The cameras all go dead.)

J.: "...No way."

P.: "Jonas, the cameras went dark! What do you see?"

J.: "...sorta like a guy in a suit. And now you think I'm c... wait. What in the hell are... poo poo, he saw--mother of gently caress, what are--"

P.: "Jonas?! What's--"

(Screaming, hard metallic crunching, terrible wet popping sounds.)

Transmission Ends.

The above video was confiscated shortly after the Pole Star returned to port, minus the Nyx. Patricia REDACTED remains in our custody.

TombsGrave fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 17, 2009

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Hmmm, I still think it's better if there's just one Slender Man. It's much creepier that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

An observer posted:

Hmmm, I still think it's better if there's just one Slender Man. It's much creepier that way.

Hm... let me touch it up a bit. Make it a little more vague.

EDIT: there we go. Bett'r?

TombsGrave fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 17, 2009