Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Farchanter posted:

The backstories have been working well so far because they talk about things without explaining them, it's sort of along the lines of House of Leaves in that way.

Warm and Fuzzy, have you read about the rash of Jersey Devil sightings along the Delaware River in the early twentieth century? Your image brought it to mind: wiki, under the Encounters section in the lengthy 1909 entry.

I actually got the idea from that horrible show Monster Quest (I think) in an episode about the Jersey Devil. They spent entire hour arguing whether or not a couple of rednecks in the pine barrens saw animal tracks on their roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I originally came to the thread to see the faked ghost images, but I've stuck around for the SlenderMan stories. I'd love to contribute but I have zero Photoshop skills but I'd happily write up some stories and such for someone else to fit images with.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
I don't have photoshop skills on par with this thread, but I do have some images that somebody with a better eye might find slenderman in

<--looking for his next victim perhaps?

I'll keep looking, if you need bigger ones let me know

*edit* don't forget #slenderman on twitter

I found some more

Click here for the full 512x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Click here for the full 512x768 image.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 19, 2009

archwhore
Oct 4, 2007

pr0digal posted:

I'll keep looking, if you need bigger ones let me know

I would love higher res versions if you have them.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

archwhore posted:

I would love higher res versions if you have them.

I'll dig em up and send them to you, how big are we talking? Like full resolution (10 megapixels) or half that?

*edit* I can't seem to find the large versions of the Panoramics which I am rather irked about. I'll send you (and anybody else) higher res shots of the other ones
*edit 2* Found them, I'll size them down a bit and send them off to you

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 19, 2009

archwhore
Oct 4, 2007

pr0digal posted:

I'll dig em up and send them to you, how big are we talking? Like full resolution (10 megapixels) or half that?

I'd love full resolution. Thanks so much! :v:

edit: whatever you have I'll take.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

archwhore posted:

I'd love full resolution. Thanks so much! :v:

edit: whatever you have I'll take.

Full resolution it is!

The panos i'll size down a bit, those things are HUGE

Anybody else who wants some source images, just let me know

*link removed* if you still need some source images, i'll post it back up

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 19, 2009

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

This robot-taken photograph from the Ukraine came out a little, um, weird.

EDIT: Not that happy with this one, but you get bonus nerd-points for knowing what it was originally of.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

TerminalBlue posted:

This robot-taken photograph from the Ukraine came out a little, um, weird.

EDIT: Not that happy with this one, but you get bonus nerd-points for knowing what it was originally of.

chernobyl's melted reactor poo poo or whatever

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

chernobyl's melted reactor poo poo or whatever

Whoa it looks cooler when it's quoted. That was what I was missing.

p.s. i take back that time i said i wished you were banned i love you

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 19, 2009

LunacySystem
Aug 11, 2007
ffffffffffffffffff

I tried. :shobon:

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I was out with some friends in San Francisco last weekend, took some photos and such, then noticed this tonight.

Click here for the full 1408x940 image.

I don't think I want to sleep tonight :(

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

Doktor Per posted:

I was out with some friends in San Francisco last weekend, took some photos and such, then noticed this tonight.

Click here for the full 1408x940 image.

I don't think I want to sleep tonight :(

I don't see what is so freaky about this picture, other than it looks like someone touched the window from the outside.

Daniel K
Dec 5, 2007
King of Morons

crazkylo posted:

I don't see what is so freaky about this picture, other than it looks like someone touched the window from the outside.

Hint:

Flipping the picture on its vertical axis may help you out.

But even then, its still pretty subtle.

Daniel K fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 19, 2009

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

Daniel K posted:

Hint:

Flipping the picture on its vertical axis may help you out.

I still don't see anything :(

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

quote:

In the winter of 1809 the English industrial town of Blackburn, Lancashire was victim to a spate of child disappearances. Over the course of several months 12 children vanished from their homes and authorities mounted a search of the (then) dense countryside and farmlands. The only evidence found was of several dozen uprooted trees, with no discernable pattern to this trail adverse weather is blamed for the uprooting.

During their investigation the mother of one of the children, Joanne Cowling, reported seeing a well-dressed, unusually tall and emaciated looking man in the area around her house for several nights previous to the young Cowling’s disappearance. Investigations into the scene of the abduction turned up no traces of foul play.

On December 1st that year a local farmer Paul Henshall reports seeing the body of a child hanging from a tree on his grounds. Police are called to the scene but find no body and no evidence to support Henshall’s claim. He is questioned and released shortly after with no evidence against his name.

When any evidence or hint to the location of the children had failed to show up by the following summer the pace of the investigation (and local interest in it) began to slow down as town interest began to turn towards the ever growing industrial presence. All children are declared dead.

It isn’t until 1856 that the case takes its next step forward. During the landscaping of Corporation Park (now the main formal park in Blackburn) workers uncovered a burrow with the incomplete skeletons of 11 small children inside. One worker (Nathan Kay, an Accrington resident and recreational hunter) described the inside of the cavity as resembling an animal’s burrow used for hibernation. It appeared to be recently vacated.

The grisly discovery however was widely ignored by the local media with a concerted effort being made not to tarnish the opening the new recreational area.
The skeletons were all missing their left hand and the second and third ribs on the right side of the rib cage. Several of them were also missing their humerus and left scapula. The exact cause of death and reason for the precise removal of certain body parts has never been ascertained although a form of ritualistic murder and practice is one of many official theories passed around. The location of the 12th skeleton to this day remains a mystery. (Jean Adair, 1989: 117)

Adair, J. (1989) British Myths, Legends and Unsolved Tales, London: Pan Books.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 21, 2009

MortonTheCranium
Nov 25, 2004

We're cousins. (bros)

crazkylo posted:

Look at the window on the right, close to the right side of it.

Daniel K
Dec 5, 2007
King of Morons

crazkylo posted:

Reversed, enlarged, color correction.

Spoiler!!! haha

https://wi.somethingawful.com/e0/e0ee8e9262e4db5b162b85db106fd229e8c76630.jpg

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

Daniel K posted:

Reversed, enlarged, color correction.

Spoiler!!! haha

https://wi.somethingawful.com/e0/e0ee8e9262e4db5b162b85db106fd229e8c76630.jpg

I thought it was something else until I saw it enlarged, thanks

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
There's more.

Click here for things.

Daniel K
Dec 5, 2007
King of Morons

Doktor Per posted:

There's more.

Click here for things.

Oh wow, nice catch.

Pretty subtle stuff.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Doktor Per posted:

There's more.

Click here for things.

drat, I totally missed the tentacle shadow.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Adair, J. (1989) British Myths, Legends and Unsolved Tales, London: Pan Books.
I think the word you were looking for is "emaciated," not "emancipating.". Otherwise good

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
No slender man emoticon yet? Used like "Man, that's really creepy. I mean that's some serious ::slenderman:: poo poo going on."

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Mad Monk posted:

No slender man emoticon yet? Used like "Man, that's really creepy. I mean that's some serious ::slenderman:: poo poo going on."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Caseus Maximus posted:

Even John Dies at the End might be considered Slender Man fictioncommentary.

Edit: From Wikipedia entry on shadow people

Click here for the full 714x599 image.

I've seen hat man twice. No kidding.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Mad Monk posted:

I can't help but imagine it as something like :derp: only with more arms.

eloy FAX MODEM
Dec 1, 2007
There was a monster in Billy and Mandy as I recall that wore a suit and extended tentacles from his back, another character inspired by an experience with the slender man?

Combined with doctor octopus and various other cartoon villains maybe authors were trying to put subtle warnings of the slender man in children's stories while avoiding directly acknowledging its existence.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I dislike overly clear tentacles. I like guy who is too tall and limbs are freaky. :colbert:

Linear Ouroboros
Mar 30, 2007
Sweet loving Ginger!
I was walking through the store when a kid came running around the around the corner, yelling and laughing. Chasing her was another kid. A third child was pushing him in a cart, so he was eye level, and he had hollow pool noodles on his arms and was wagging them at the little girl and making sort of generic creepy noises.
Heart. Stopped.

Henry K. Hardarse
Oct 6, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You know, even if he's dressed the same, would you expect a tribal village in Africa to be able to describe a suit if they've never seen one?

That's what I mean- "well dressed" doesn't imply any particular type of clothes.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

I dislike overly clear tentacles. I like guy who is too tall and limbs are freaky. :colbert:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The Slender Man has many different forms, the closer you are the more human his form, but from a distance he uses his tentacles to travel great distances and scale sheer surfaces.

Samuel L. Chan
May 13, 2007

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheese Doodles, and masturbating do not constitute 'plans' in my book!

eloy FAX MODEM posted:

There was a monster in Billy and Mandy as I recall that wore a suit and extended tentacles from his back, another character inspired by an experience with the slender man?

Combined with doctor octopus and various other cartoon villains maybe authors were trying to put subtle warnings of the slender man in children's stories while avoiding directly acknowledging its existence.

I think his named was Nurgle?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Samuel L. Chan posted:

I think his named was Nurgle?

Yeah, but it's spelled Nergal. And he's an idiot.

Henry K. Hardarse
Oct 6, 2008

dpack_1 posted:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The Slender Man has many different forms, the closer you are the more human his form, but from a distance he uses his tentacles to travel great distances and scale sheer surfaces.

I like how some see him as a flesh-and-blood creature and some as an ancient, magical demon of some kind.
I'm no writer, but who thinks they could write an account of a seance?

Russellhoff
Nov 30, 2006

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me."
DATE: FEBRUARY 19TH, 1995
RECORDED WITNESS HEARING

1ST OFFICER: This is Officer Ian Tennisson, the time is.. 00.17 February 19th. Recording of witness.. Oliver Hodgeson.. Regarding (pause) circumstances occurring earlier. Oliver.. Will you corporate and answer my questions?

HODGESON: (murmurs) Yes.

TENNISSON: Describe what happened leading up to the events.

HODGESON: I was driving home from work. The radio began to (pause) flicker and all I could hear was static (pause) over the static I heard (heavy breathing, unintelligible)

TENNISSON: Sobbing?

HODGESON: Yes (pause) I began feeling uncomfortable (unintelligible) skin crawling. I called home..

TENNISSON: Why?

HODGESON: I (stutters) I couldn't tell you. I got a feeling..

TENNISSON: Your call home was recorded. Now playing Item 3C for the recording..

(silence)

(eventually)TENNISSON: How far were you from home after this call?

(silence)

TENNISSON: How fa(interrupted)

HODGESON: (panicked breathing) 5 minutes..

TENNISSON: And you drove straight home. What happened on arrival?

HODGESON: I saw(pause) I saw..

(unintelligble)

HODGESON: I.. Can't(breathing picks up pace, chair scuffling, loud crash)
ABRUPT END OF RECORDING.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Henry K. Hardarse posted:

I'm no writer, but who thinks they could write an account of a seance?

RECORDING OF A SEANCE BELIEVED TO BE RECORDED IN 1937

IN ATTENDANCE ARE MADAM JESSICA DE VILLE (SPIRIT MEDIUM) ALISTER MARKEM, CLAUDIA MARKEM (ALISTOR'S WIFE), FREDERICK VON HYDE (GERMAN PARANORMAL RESEARCHER), AND DAN MICHELLES (RECORDING ENGINEER)

[First sound of some small talk]

DE VILLE: (softly tapping a glass) Everything is ready. Please gather around the table and join hands.

[sound of some chair being moved around and then a low humming sound from DE VILLE]

DE VILLE: Oh spirits of the other world. I call for you to hear me... call for you to help me and my guest find answers... oh spirits... Those of you who have joined hands please let the spirits know who you are.

ALISTER: (clears throat) A...Alister Markem

CLAUDIA: Claudia Markem

VON HYDE: Frederick von Hyde

MICHELLES: (nervous) Me too? Dan Michelles.

DE VILLE: Spirits, hear me... Two of us are looking for answers... looking for hope... looking for a missing child... please spirits... help us fi....

[A coughing, gasping sound comes from DE VILLE. Worried mummers coming from the others]

VON HYDE: (worried tone to his voice) Jessica... Jessica speak to us, are you alright?

[Chocking gasping sounds get louder]

UNKNOWN CHILD LIKE VOICE: Go away... go away...

CLAUDIA: (upset) T...that's Maggie.... Maggie where are you?

MICHELLES: Where is the voice coming from?

CHILD VOICE: Too late... too late... he is coming... too late....

ALISTER: Who is coming? Please Maggie tell us where you are!

VON HYDE: Dear god... Jessica!

[Sound of Claudia screaming, sound of chairs being pushed over]

MICHELLES: I will call for help

CHILD VOICE: (slowly doing deeper) He comes... for he will hear you... for he will know...

VON HYDE: Breath Jessica!

ALISTER: Wa... whats that around her neck?

CLAUDIA: Maggie... where are you? Please tell us

[A loud pitch noise, suddenly what sounds like a large number of children's voice can be heard in all different languages yelling and screaming]

[Sound of glass and furniture breaking]

ALISTER: W...what is holding her up in the air?

VON HYDE: [translated from German] My god... its the tall man... you... you can't be real...

MICHELLES: [Yelling from what sounds like another room] The phone... its dead...

ALISTER: [screaming] What are you!

VON HYDE: [yelling in German, can not hear what he is yelling]

CLAUDIA: What have you done with Maggie?

MICHELLES: W...What is that?

ALISTER: P...put the gun down Frederick!

VON HYDE: [screaming in German]

[Sound of gun fire, sound of glass and wood breaking. For several moments there is screaming, then silence. After about 50 seconds there is a sound of wimpering]

CLAUDIA: W...will you show me where she is?

[Odd sound]

CLAUDIA: Okay...

[Record ends]

onecoolart
Feb 11, 2008
Watch, you'll see it. Right outside, yes, it's there.
Does slender man remind anyone else of this tall, suited fellow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

where is the slender man

whErE iS tHE SleNDeR mAn

WHERE IS THE SLENDER MAN

HERE IS THE SLENDER MAN