Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Donny Brook posted:

In about three hours I'm going to see it, and I'm going to hate you for the nightmares it gives me.

Anyone help out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

spidoman posted:

In about three hours I'm going to see it, and I'm going to hate you for the nightmares it gives me.

Anyone help out?

I thought maybe it was a little too subtle, but I didn't want it to be too obvious either.

Here's the one I posted earlier:

...and here's one with the creepy part highlighted and magnified:

edit:
Bullshit Backstory...

On July 3rd 1865, the nation was still recovering from a hard fought civil war, and there were still plenty of hard feelings all around, especially in Barlow Mississippi where 22 year old Ezekiel Settles, recently freed from slavery was trying to make a living as a handyman. On the eve of the 89th anniversary of the United States declaring it's independence from England, Independence Day held a special meaning for Ezekiel, as it was his first Independence Day as a free man, but sadly, he would never see it. As he was on his way to work at the Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, he happened across the pastor's young wife, Allison Wolcott lying in the road, unconscious. He tried to render aid as best he could by removing his shirt and tucking it under the young woman's head, but as he was doing so, along came Pastor John Wolcott, returning from a luncheon with the church's ladies' society, only to find a shirtless black man kneeling over his unconscious wife. Ezekiel tried to explain that he found her in that condition but the pastor was fuming, and afraid that the pastor would beat him or worse, he ran off.

That night, with his still unconscious wife under the care of a doctor, but resting comfortably in her own bed, John Wolcott went looking for Ezekiel Settles with a dozen or so men from from his flock. They didn't have to look far, for Ezekiel lived in a small shack that he built from scrounged lumber in the woods behind the church. There the men found him, and they dragged him back to the church, and as the parishioners took turns beating him, John Wolcott fashioned a noose. When his flock put the rope around his neck, Ezekiel pleaded his innocence, saying that he was just "tryin' to hep the young missus." After they stood him up, John Wolcott hung a sign around his neck that read "FOR ACCOSTING A WHITE WOMAN" and spat in his face. Then he joined the other men as they pulled Ezekiel up into the tree, just shy of midnight.

When he returned home, the doctor assured him that his wife was fine, but had apparantly suffered from sunstroke. The doctor also assured him that she definitely had not been raped. Pastor Wolcott went to his wife relieved, but suddenly overcome with guilt that he, a man of God, had just participated in the murder of a man that was just trying to help his ailing wife. So overcome with guilt and anguish was he, that the next day, with the same rope, the very same noose that he tightened around Ezekiel Settles' neck, he committed suicide by hanging himself from the same branch. According to the note that he left, "It is befitting and just that I should take mine own life as I have taken another's. With that same rope that I hanged an innoscent man, from the same branch in the same tree. May God forgive me my sins." Some say that as he hung there, the last thing John Wolcott saw were the fireworks set off for the town's Fouth of July celebration.

The Church is still there, and so is the tree upon which hung both Ezekiel Settles and John Wolcott, and nobody noticed anything unusual about it until one Fourth of July when, during the town's fireworks display, somebody saw what appeared to be the shadow of a hanged man on the trunk of the tree. It soon became a favorite spot for teens and ghosthunters to gather for Fourth of July celebrations, to see if they can see the shadow during the flashes. The town quit having a fireworks display in 1992, but occasionally, the shadow can still be seen in a camera flash. Nobody knows if it is the shadow of Ezekiel Settles, or the Pastor John Wolcott.

drat. That was a lot longer than I meant it to be.

TL:DR, a black guy gets lynched even though he didn't do anything, the preacher feels guilty and lynches himself, now people see a spooky shadow on the tree.

fake edit:
If there are any high school goons taking creative writing in summer school, feel free to turn that story in for a grade. I'm curious to see how I would have done.

Donny Brook fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 13, 2009

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Kush posted:

I saw this right away and it still made me go 'oh poo poo!'

I did these awhile back as more of an art project than an attempt to make them look authentic, but they fit the theme. I hope to do some others when I get home!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Victor Surge posted:

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

All of the Slender Man stuff is good, though I think these three are the best. They seem more plausible. I also like the stories that accompany the first set of pics more-so than the other image 'storytelling' used in the other ones, but that's just me. Either way, keep up the good work.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Steinmen Woods

Both subjects were hunting in the Steinmen woods four hours before sundown. Surviving subject states that while hunting both men grew uneasy as fog levels rapidly increased. A constant murmuring sound accompanied by a low hum eventually became apparent to the two men an hour after the fog increased. An object falling out of tree stuck one of the men in the left shoulder causing him to discharge his weapon. Object said to be the body of a man of unknown age. It was very precisely dissected, with major internal organs still contained within the rib cage in what looked to be clear bags. Surviving subject placed organ bag within backpack. Attack followed several minutes later after a "low children's laugh, like a giggle". Surviving subject ran until he reached his vehicle. Subject then drove to assumed safety.

Backpack destroyed.
Surviving subject is classified as a B7 witness. B7 witness to be placed in quarantine "Blind Box" until resolution.

2007:Investigation team discovered twenty-two bodies of both genders and various ages impaled on broken tree branches in a radiating circle pattern with chest mutilation as often noted with Slender Man. Upon confirmation, lead investigator ********* called for an immediate evacuation of investigation team at 1700 hours. Bodies first discovered at 1100 hours. Deadline for safe evacuation of team with only viewed physical evidence of Slender Man approximately 1730. Lost contact of team at 1725. Safety procedures fell well within established protocols. Reason for abnormality is unknown. Second team recovered camera equipment one week later. Slender Man safety procedures require this incident's physical photographic evidence to be disposed of by no later than 10/20.

I honestly don't get what half this poo poo means. I'm done with this Slender Man stuff. It's starting to make me uneasy. It's like reading the GBS ghost story threads before I go to bed. Why do I have to look at this stuff while it's super late? :smith:

Luckily, my friend is coming over.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 7, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

My friend is herejus camein barely made up staairs got pictur locked door but it s right there inthe hall
dont look at its pictures it dosent want to be known about dont loo

wwjebusdo
Jan 1, 2009

Victor Surge posted:

My friend is herejus camein barely made up staairs got pictur locked door but it s right there inthe hall

Oh jebus, this one is giving me the willies. Usually subtle works best but sometimes the blatant ones scare me more. I really want to read a slender man horror novel now. With pictures.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
slender man! :(

edit:

:tinfoil:

treepunk as hell
Dec 29, 2008

I think the Slender Man's tentacles need to be a little less obvious. It seems a lot less freakier if you can see them so clearly.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I agree, its better when you don't notice them at first, and only later you realize just how alien the Sender Man is.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Victor Surge posted:

He just wants to shake hands, you don't have to be a dick about it.

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Wow the Slender Man seems to be the the star of this thread. Very nice.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot
Slender Man would make a pretty nice horror novel in the lines of "House of Leaves".

Essentially, make the novel a collection of witness statements, newspaper clippings, pictures, drawings, articles discussing evidence for an against the slender man and, to tie it all neatly together, a few stories of people who want to track the slender man, unravel the mystery,

And the kicker would be the last 20 or so pages would be missing, with only scraps of paper left, arranged as logically as possible, just excerpts, words, rips, ink stains, etc.

Seiyosa
Feb 27, 2007
Inching toward a cure for false intelligence, one feeble mind at a time!

ONITABAS posted:

We were having a party and we kept hearing sounds of what could only be a giant. Later we found a pair of huge bright blue shoes in the backyard.

Is that seriously Bill Nye in the background?

Best. Thing. Ever.

Seiyosa
Feb 27, 2007
Inching toward a cure for false intelligence, one feeble mind at a time!

Oh yes, it's coming.

Seiyosa fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 14, 2009

LeechCode5
Dec 19, 2004

Burn, Galactica! You're finished, Adama!

21stCentury posted:

Slender Man would make a pretty nice horror novel in the lines of "House of Leaves".

Essentially, make the novel a collection of witness statements, newspaper clippings, pictures, drawings, articles discussing evidence for an against the slender man and, to tie it all neatly together, a few stories of people who want to track the slender man, unravel the mystery,

And the kicker would be the last 20 or so pages would be missing, with only scraps of paper left, arranged as logically as possible, just excerpts, words, rips, ink stains, etc.

Seconding this. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

H
Jul 16, 2005
AIDS FUCKERS GO HOME!!!

Victor Surge posted:

A REALLY loving CREEPY STORY

gently caress dude, I'm putting this in my next vampire: the masquerade campaign.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
That was awesome, victor. I hope you at least make it a short story or something.

When you posted the part about the chest injuries it reminded me of the Dyatlov Pass incident that was posted in the Unsolved Mysteries thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident

Wikipedia posted:

and both Dubunina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. The force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, with one expert comparing it to the force of a car crash.Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure. One woman was found to be missing her tongue.[1]

After looking a little further, I found this picture - taken a day before the incident.

Dude Steel
Aug 23, 2008
It's easy to capture ghosts on film but these ghosts from the future showed up on the artist rendering of what the scene would have looked like as they worked out the wording of the Declaration of Independence........

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I agree, its better when you don't notice them at first, and only later you realize just how alien the Sender Man is.

Yeah, I wanted the last set of images to be more obvious, since the people taking the pictures kinda knew what they dealing with and therefore could get better shots (before it wiped them out), and I kinda wanted to bring it to a close. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, although initially it hadn't been my intent to do more past the first picture post. What essentially inspired me was stuff like "The Rake", since that pretty much terrified me. Having an unearthly creature, such as a skinwalker or something, stalking you has always been much scarier than ghosts in my opinion.

As for image assets, I used a lot. I have folder with about seventy different things in it.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 14, 2009

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

TrenchMaul posted:

That was awesome, victor. I hope you at least make it a short story or something.

When you posted the part about the chest injuries it reminded me of the Dyatlov Pass incident that was posted in the Unsolved Mysteries thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident

After looking a little further, I found this picture - taken a day before the incident.

:cry: What's he doing there? :cry:

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheRiffie posted:

I'm not usually one to get all bandwagony but Slender Man is honestly one of the most inspiring and sinister things I've seen lately. Something about it seems to strike some sort of primal 'wrong' chord.
It's The Rake all over again!

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007
Slender Man is scaring the crap out of me for some reason

Cheesy Pete
Dec 26, 2008

Noobicide posted:

Slender Man is scaring the crap out of me for some reason

Same here! Holy crap! :cry:

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.
I feel like kind of tard, but what's The Rake?

Clockspider
Oct 10, 2007

TheRiffie posted:

I feel like kind of tard, but what's The Rake?

quote:

During the summer of 2003, events in the northeastern United States involving a strange, humanlike creature sparked brief local media interest before an apparent blackout was enacted. Little or no information was left intact, as most online and written accounts of the creature were mysteriously destroyed.

Primarily focused in rural New York state, self proclaimed witnesses told stories of thier enounters with a creature of unkown origin. Emotions ranged from extremely traumatic levels of fright and discomfort, to an almost childlike sense of playfulness and curiosity. While their published versions are no longer on record, the memories remained powerful. Several of the involved parties began looking for answers that year.

In early 2006, the collaboration had accumulated nearly two dozen documents dating between the 12th century and present day, spanning 4 continents. In almost all cases, the stories were identical. I've been in contact with a member of this group and was able to get some exceprts from their upcoming book.

The Rake

A Suicide Note: 1964

As I prepare to take my life, I feel it necessary to assuage any guilt or pain I have introduced through this act. It is not the fault of anyone other than him. For once I awoke and felt his presence. And once I awoke and saw his form. Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience. I cannot ever wake. Goodbye.

Found in the same wooden box were two empty envelopes addressed to William and Rose, and one loose personal letter with no envelope.

Dearest Linnie,
I have prayed for you. He spoke your name.

A Journal Entry (translated from Spanish): 1880

I have experience the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I see his eyes when I close mine. They are hollow. Black. They saw me and pierced me. His wet hand. I will not sleep. His voice (unintelligible text).

A Mariner's Log: 1691

He came to me in my sleep. From the foot of my bed I felt a sensation. He took everything. We must return to England. We shall not return here again at the request of the Rake.

From a Witness: 2006

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night.

At about 4am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I appologized and told him I though he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.

After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. It's body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition. At this point I was somewhat under the assumption that we were supposed to help him.

My husband was peering over his arm and knee, tucked into the fetal position, occasionally glancing at me before returning to the creature.

In a flurry of motion, the creature scrambled around the side of the bed, and then crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husband's face. The creature was completely silent for about 30 seconds (or probably closer to 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kids' rooms.

I screamed and ran for the lightswitch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch on the wall and saw my daughter Clara.

The creature ran down the stairs while my husband and I rushed to help our daughter. She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said "he is the Rake".

My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

Being a small town, news got around pretty quickly. The police were helpful at first, and the local newspaper took a lot of interest as well. However, the story was never published and the local television news never followed up either.

For several months, my son Justin and I stayed in a hotel near my parent's house. After we decided to return home, I began looking for answers myself. I eventually located a man in the next town over who had a similar story. We got in contact and began talking about our experiences. He knew of two other people in New York who had seen the creature we now referred to as the Rake.

It took the four of us about two solid years of hunting on the internet and writing letters to come up with a small collection of what we believe to be accounts of the Rake. None of them gave any details, history or follow up. One journal had an entry involving the creature in its first 3 pages, and never mentioned it again. A ship's log explained nothing of the encounter, saying only that they were told to leave by the Rake. That was the last entry in the log.

There were, however, many instances where the creature's visit was one of a series of visits with the same person. Multiple people also mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter.

I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, every night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed. (This still took almost an hour every day)

On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I can't listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I haven't let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that I've heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I don't remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.

The thoughts that must have gone through my daughter's head make me very upset.

I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I'll wake up to see him staring at me.

Sweet dreams.

Also: the Slender Man scares the crap out of me too :ohdear:

Kitten Cakes
Aug 26, 2008

Delicious and nutritious.

Story and image sent to me from Linda Gallegher in Belmont, NC.

"In 2004 my husband Scott and I found a beautiful Victorian-era home in a few towns over going for a surprisingly low cost. The house was in excellent condition despite being so old, so we jumped at the deal and purchased it.

Our first night there, my two children, Adam and Nicholas, complained of the stairs creaking constantly. I told them the house was old and it was a little drafty; we had to reassure them there were no monsters living under the stairs. After that, our days went relatively uneventfully.

Three months later, I awoke suddenly from a deep sleep to hear the sound of someone sobbing. Assuming it was Adam, my youngest, I ran to the kids' bedroom to check on them. They were sound asleep. The wailing continued. I hurried back to my bedroom and roused my husband. Once he was awake, he listened and heard it too. We left the room and went into the hallway, where we saw what appeared to be a wispy, headless human figure floating away from us. We froze and it disappeared into the bathroom.

From that night on, we noticed strange occurences. Door would close and shut, especially the doors to the bathroom and the spare bedroom. I tried to get Nicholas to move into that bedroom so he would have his own, but he refused. He claimed a sad woman lived in there.

One day after work I decided to do some research. In 1898, a decade after the house was built, a young woman by the name of Elizabeth Chester was found murdered in the bathroom, decapitated. Her murderer was her uncle, an untreated paranoid schizophrenic that frequently went into mad rages. Her body was buried in the cemetary two miles away from here, but her head was never found.

After a week of constant reminders that someone else was there, the supernatural activity stopped for months. After a year, Nicholas felt comfortable to move into the guest bedroom and my husband decided to renovate it: replace the cracking wood floors and paint.

One Saturday when Scott was tearing up the floorboards and I was downstairs watching TV, I heard his cry out in surprise. I hurried upstairs and into the bedroom. He turned to me, his face pale, and simply pointed at the hole in the floor. In it sat a human skull, yellowed with age and dusty. Beside it was a folded piece of paper. Uneasily, I reached in and picked it up. Unfolding it, I read it aloud:

'Elizabeth, my dear Elizabeth, your sweet face is to be hidden away safely forever. I trust not the men that court you, the lecherous swine that they are. Heaven is where you truly belong, my sweet Elizabeth, and I kept a part of you here with me to remind me of my favorite niece.'

I turned to my husband, whose pale complexion suddenly seemed even more pallid. He stared at the wall, trying to speak but unable to form words. I glanced to where he stared and almost fainted in horror.

A woman in a long Victorian gown stood before us, not wispy or transparent but plain as day. I could have reached out and touched her if I so desired. Her neck was severed completely; blood poured from the headless stump to the floor. After what seemed like hours, she turned to the window and disappeared.

Quickly, I ran and got a towel. Tossing it over the skull, I picked it up and wrapped it safely.

'What are you doing?' Scott demanded.

I told him that she meant us no harm, she merely wanted to be at peace. I told him to stay with the kids; I would be back soon.

I took the skull with me to the cemetary, along with a small gardening shovel. I searched for an hour before I found her grave, the tombstone crumbling but her name clear: ELIZABETH CHESTER. The graveyard was most empty, and whatever people that were there were occupied with their own matters. Subtlely, I dug a small hole at the head of the grave and buried the skull under a foot and a half of soil.

Since then, nothing has happened in our house. Nicholas complains of nothing in his bedroom, and our nights are worry-free.

The picture I attached with this story is a picture that Scott took during the height of paranormal activity. My youngest Adam is the further to the left, while Nicholas is the third from the left. Here they are seen playing with the neighborhood kids. Quite clearly, you can see a figure to the back next to the tree. I have no idea what the yellow whisps in the foreground are.

Hopefully, Elizabeth is at peace. Every once in a while, I swear I hear a faint whisper saying my name or 'I slumber.' I hope my story has been interesting and informative."

Aslan Bebop
Jul 3, 2008

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!

TrenchMaul posted:

I took the original picture with my cellphone camera, I had to actually add the noise to make it look like a typical grainy ufo picture.

EDIT: By the way the 'UFO' is a pie plate that I shrunk down and used the blur tool to distort.

Noise tip: If you make the noise, then resize it like 300% bigger, it looks more like real digital camera noise.

MonkeyMaker
May 22, 2006

What's your poison, sir?
(Sorry for the quasi-derail)

OK, the story is creepy enough, where's "The Rake" from? I can't find anything in SAclopedia or on Google.

Oh, and I agree that Slender Man would make a great novel or movie. Gives me ideas and makes me want to write again.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel stupid for asking this, but who is the Slender Man?

And why does he remind me so much of the Chzo Mythos' Tall Man?

Chai Hulud
Feb 1, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Victor Surge posted:

Steinmen Woods

Both subjects were hunting in the Steinmen woods four hours before sundown. Surviving subject states that while hunting both men grew uneasy as fog levels rapidly increased. A constant murmuring sound accompanied by a low hum eventually became apparent to the two men an hour after the fog increased. An object falling out of tree stuck one of the men in the left shoulder causing him to discharge his weapon. Object said to be the body of a man of unknown age. It was very precisely dissected, with major internal organs still contained within the rib cage in what looked to be clear bags. Surviving subject placed organ bag within backpack. Attack followed several minutes later after a "low children's laugh, like a giggle". Surviving subject ran until he reached his vehicle. Subject then drove to assumed safety.

Backpack destroyed.
Surviving subject is classified as a B7 witness. B7 witness to be placed in quarantine "Blind Box" until resolution.

2007:Investigation team discovered twenty-two bodies of both genders and various ages impaled on broken tree branches in a radiating circle pattern with chest mutilation as often noted with Slender Man. Upon confirmation, lead investigator ********* called for an immediate evacuation of investigation team at 1700 hours. Bodies first discovered at 1100 hours. Deadline for safe evacuation of team with only viewed physical evidence of Slender Man approximately 1730. Lost contact of team at 1725. Safety procedures fell well within established protocols. Reason for abnormality is unknown. Second team recovered camera equipment one week later. Slender Man safety procedures require this incident's physical photographic evidence to be disposed of by no later than 10/20.

I honestly don't get what half this poo poo means. I'm done with this Slender Man stuff. It's starting to make me uneasy. It's like reading the GBS ghost story threads before I go to bed. Why do I have to look at this stuff while it's super late? :smith:

Luckily, my friend is coming over.

Christ that looks like something out of the Mist.
Beautiful job though!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel stupid for asking this, but who is the Slender Man?

And why does he remind me so much of the Chzo Mythos' Tall Man?

Nobody in particular, he just got that name from the first image he was in, and everyone ran with it. And drat he is terrifying.

Victor Surge and TrenchMaul posted:

horrible horrible things

Loving hell I hate you.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Where did you get the source for Slender Man? Or was he done from a scratch?

Gerogerigegege
May 1, 2009

Kitten Cakes posted:

I really enjoyed the back story for this one. :)

Also, at first I wasn't really into Slender Man, but now I'm definitely into it.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
Ditto that the whole 'slender man' thing is fantastic. I actually thought it was a real photo at first that was a bit blurry and someone just came up with a story to make it "paranormal."

What would be a cool way to continue the theme? Photoshop the slender man into things? MSP him so that it looks like a kid did it after seeing him?

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Splash Damage posted:

Where did you get the source for Slender Man? Or was he done from a scratch?

The Slender Man as an idea was made-up off the top of my head, although the concept is based on a number of things that scare me. The name I thought up on the fly when I wrote that first bit. The asset I used for a couple of the pictures was the creepy tall guy from Phantasm, which sadly I have not seen, and the others various guys in suits. All of the things that aren't the torso and legs, like the tentacles and Slender Man's face, were painted from scratch however.

VVV For sure, no happy endings here. Then I would send a dude dressed like him to stand in the yards of all the people who bought and read the book.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 14, 2009

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I read this thread while in bed last night, and if you wanted to go off on a tangent about slender man haunting the dreams of those who research him, you'll be telling the truth. Not quite a nightmare as I didn't feel the usual fear that goes along with them, but very odd dreams that started with running from an apparition of him in the distance and ended with him catching up to me and ripping my chest open with his tentacles as I tried to fight back, at which point I woke up.

I'd love to see the storyline extended and it would make a kickass movie or book if you promised it would end with the researcher being killed by Slender Man instead of a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot
Say, Victor, have you ever played any of the Chzo mythos games? (5 days a stranger, 7 days a skeptic, Trillby's Notes and 6 days a sacrifice)