Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Click here for the full 1200x990 image.

MY FACE

HE TOOK MY FACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
^^^^
I'm missing it in this one. Someone wanna spoil it for me?

Bushwhacked posted:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark scared the poo poo out of me when I was a kid. Even the "funny" stories.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

Doedipus posted:

I'm missing it in this one. Someone wanna spoil it for me?

I'm not really sure. Pareidolia kicked in yet again and found some strange tree-beast on the right. I adjusted the brightness/contrast around it to make it easier to spot.

Edit:
Found it.

Look toward the lower left of the large garage-door opening, under what appears to be a small bench or something.

Edit 2:

Contrast adjusted.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 15, 2009

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The ones that take forever to see, and even then they tend to be hard to discern details REALLY do it for me. So drat creepy. Things that aren't even scary flip me out if they are just really are out of place.

Leyendecker
Oct 31, 2008

:sun:

BooDoug187 posted:

Photo: Henderson Horse Farm, 1954

From the recoding of Dr. Dauton, June 15th, 1956 8:30pm

DAUTON: Ok Ted... go ahead

TED: (almost out of breath) It's on? Am I safe?

DAUTON: Yes, you are safe. Now tell me what happened that night.

TED: The horses.... horses actin up... the horses...

DAUTON: Go on

TED: W...went out there... dead... all dead... the eyes... no.... no eyes

DAUTON: What did you see?

TED: Ran... ran inside... got gun... Tracy crying... Judi screaming... r...ran to them... He had them... was holding them...

DAUTON: Who had them?

TED: Skinny fella... suite... Looking at me... Judi screaming... shoot me... SHOOOT ME SHOOT MEEEE!

(Ted starts screaming for a period, then slams hands onto table)

DAUTON: You shot Judi?

TED: Saved her... saved her...

DAUTON: Did you shoot Tracy?

TED: No... It went after me... They went after me... shot them... shot them... keep shooting... Tracy... let Tracy go... drat it LET HER GO!

(Ted started to had a yelling fit, suddenly starts slamming his face into the steel table. Two orderlies grabbed Ted and Dr. Dauton injected him with some tranquilizers.)

END OF TAPE

Ted Henderson was found dead in his room at 3 am on June 16th. Ted was somehow able to get out of his retrants and chew through his wrist, bleeding to death.

The picture was studied several times. The experts agree that the man in the suit may be the one that Ted was saying was the one who attacked his farm and stole his child.

Tracy Henderson was never found.

At the permission of Faye Dauton, the doctor's daughter, the recording of the interview with Mr. Henderson was released.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
^^^Awesome audio recording

From the Journal of Dr. Jeffrey Scripter
May 7, 1937
After several weeks of working up the nerve I finally asked Mary's father for permission to ask for her hand in marriage. Mr. Daugherty took me aside and told me, "Jeff, I've been wanting you to ask me this for quite some time now. I would be delighted to have you as my son in law. I know you will treat Mary every bit as well as she deserves." It was a little more business like than I would have liked I suppose but, all the same I am as happy as I can ever recall being. Once Mary returns from her trip to Boston with her sister Samantha I shall ask her at once.

May 8, 1937
I don't often write of my official duties in this journal, as I feel it would be unprofessional however today has been all too peculiar a one to leave out. A new patient was admitted today. He is a young man named Douglas Reynolds. Douglas was found wandering the streets of Northbridge barefoot and apparently unresponsive to all attempts of communication. The Northbridge police decided to take Douglas to the station and attempt to discern who he was. When the police tried to take him in, he lashed out screaming. An officer sustained minor injuries before he was ultimately subdued. In his pockets was a wallet containing identification stating his name and his address. Strangely he lived in Charlton, did he walk the 15 or so miles barefoot? In any case what was he doing so far from home? All questions I'll have to ask him in the morning I suppose.

May 9, 1937
Mary returns home tomorrow, I simply can not wait to see her again. I've got the ring in it's case next to the bed and it seems to be calling out for her as much as I am. I shall await her at the train station, and propose the instant she steps onto the platform. Some may feel it foolish for a doctor to allow his emotions to run so unchecked, but for Mary I'd interrupt the Boston Pops for all to see! The only slight disappointment I have in my heart is that Douglas was unresponsive today. We have also been shipped a chest from Douglas' home. It appears to have been the only item of psychological interest in his house. Oddly this old chest is covered in shipping labels. It seems that it was a box containing personal effects of Douglas' father who died in the Great War. It only just recently having made it's way to Massachusetts after years of mis-shipping. However, all that will have to wait until next Monday however, there are things far more important I have planned this week.

May 10, 1937
Mary said yes!

May 12, 1937
I wish I could write of the wonderful weekend I had but what has just transpired today has really shaken me. It must be said or I will explode; Douglas Reynolds is dead. I had decided that first opportunity I had I would visit Douglas and try to speak to him. It was late in the day when I finally found myself without a list of chores to perform. Douglas had been placed in a far cell of the C wing. Reserved for the comatose and catatonic, the wing was dead silent. Although I could have fired a pistol without so much as a stir from the patients I still felt the need to stay hushed.

I reached Douglas' room and opened the door. I could not believe the sight presented before me. Douglas had somehow relieved himself of his restraints and was standing on his bed frantically thrashing his arms against the walls of his room. The floor and walls were soaked in crimson and dark matter. Spread in wavy swaths some strange symbol like a quadri-peaked star or perhaps a four legged octopus were repeated over and over. Douglas turned to me, his eyes were blood red, his face smeared in bodily fluids. He looked straight at me his eyes fierce and piercing.

All of a sudden I heard a scream from the hall. Confused and scared I ran out the door into the hall. As I did the screams intensified. Men who had no stirred for years joined the awful cacophony of horrified yells. They screamed and screamed and it felt as if there was no end to them. Surely they must stop to breath I thought, surely they would pass out and stop, anything, anything to end the horrid noise that emitted from the once silent cells. As I put my hands to my ears to shut out the choir of pain and terror Douglas stumbled out of his cell. "He has followed! We are better to be dead! All better to be dead than his!" With that first and final proclamation Douglas fell to the ground dead, and the screams stopped.

I can not describe what it is I feel at this moment after these events. I can only hope and pray that there will be some answers in the chest, because I am in need of answers more now than I have ever been.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 15, 2009

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Stirling City Post posted:

Police Have Few Leads in Missing Girl Case

By Will Higgins
Posted: June 15, 1987

Stirling City, CA -- A spokesman for the Stirling City Police Department admitted this week that there were no promising leads in the case of eight year old Katrina Elkins, who went missing from her home Thursday night.

"It's like she disappeared into thin air," said neighbor and family friend, Marybeth Carlisle.

Police were called to the residence at 6:30 AM on Friday morning by Katrina's father, David. He realized that Katrina was missing when he went into her bedroom to wake her for school and discovered that she was not in her bed.

The only possible witness was the victim's sister, ten year old Alice, with whom Katrina shares a bedroom. Alice has been unable to provide many details to investigators, however.

"It seems that [the girl] suffers from an overactive imagination," SCPD Sergeant William Hohne said, "she told us the last time she saw her sister, was through the window where she was 'hugging the tall man'."

According to witness statements, over the past several weeks a man had been coming to the girls' bedroom window at night, where he would tap on the glass, 'make faces', and watch the girls.

Police investigators initially dismissed the account as a dream, as the bedroom window is on the second story, with no support beneath it.

"[Alice] Elkins reported that, on the night of her sisters disappearance, they were again awakened by a tapping at the glass," Sergeant Hohne explained, "She heard her sister get out of bed, and have a short conversation. When she didn't hear her sister get back in bed after several minutes, she got up and went to the window, where she saw her sister in the side yard, 'hugging the tall man'. According to the witness, the man looked up at her, grinned, and indicated that she was to come down as well with a 'snaky arm'. It was at this point that Miss Elkins became extremely frightened, and returned to bed. The tapping continued for some minutes, but finally ceased."

Police scoured the Elkins' yard for clues, with no success.

When asked why Alice had not told her parents about the tall men before, she explained, "He scared me. He told us to not tell Mom and Dad, or we'd be in trouble. He told us that he was our friend, and that he would give us anything we wanted, but we had to keep his secret. His smile was scary... and his voice. He said nice things but he sounded mean."

Police believe that there is no link between the disappearance, and the vicious killing of the Elkin's cat by disemboweling in April.

Mr. 47 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 15, 2009

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Thoreau-Up posted:

I've been following the signs for quite some time.

There are woodcuts dated back to the 16th century in Germany featuring a tall, disfigured man with only white spheres where his eyes should be. They called him "Der Großmann"[Sic], the tall man. He was a fairy who lived in the Black Forest. Bad children who crept into the woods at night would be chased by the slender man, and he wouldn't leave them alone until he caught them, or the child told the parents what he or she had done. Even then, there is this chilling account from an old journal, dating around 1702:
(Translated from German, some words may be innaccurate)

"My child, my Lars...He is gone. Taken, from his bed. The only thing that we found was a scrap of black clothing. It feels like cotton, but it is softer...thicker. Lars came into my bedroom yesterday, screaming at the top of his lungs that "The angel is outside!", I asked him what he was talking about, and he told me some nonsense fairy story about Der Großmann. He said he went into the groves by our village and found one of my cows dead, hanging from a tree. I thought nothing of it at first...But now, he is gone. We must find Lars, and my family must leave before we are killed. I am sorry my son...I should have listened. May God forgive me."

There is more evidence of the slender man, but this is one of the oldest translatable accounts. Anyone else in the thread found anything like this?

Actually he is called "Der grosse Mann". At least in the storys my grandma used to tell me about him. I still live in the black forest and i still hate to go outside at night. Thanks Grandma!

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Donny Brook posted:

From Brandenburg Circa 1550:

Apparently this thin octopus-man is a time traveller. Or did men back then wear similar suits as nowadays :)

Good god, what if the slender men gave us the idea for the men's suit and now we wear them and unknowingly give them some sort of sick homage!

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Rattus Amicus posted:

Apparently this thin octopus-man is a time traveller. Or did men back then wear similar suits as nowadays :)

Good god, what if the slender men gave us the idea for the men's suit and now we wear them and unknowingly give them some sort of sick homage!

I believe what appears to be a tie on the image in the woodcut is actually a shadow on the white cravat that sometimes appears in early Germanic Dünnemann or Schlankermann tales.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

All this talk about a slender man from the forest rang a bell with something that happened to me when I was six or so. One fine summer day my dad said we should go camping. We had never gone camping before. At that moment my mom got this funny look on her face and said no, we where never going camping, ever. She shook her head and mumbled to my dad “you know why, that skinny thing” That was the end of that. Mind you, this all happened like fifteen years ago when I was just a little girl, I really haven’t put much thought into it since, but this recent thread reminded me to ask mom about when I saw her yesterday at church.

I asked her in the parking lot after Mass and she got real quiet, just like when my dad mentioned we should go camping all those years ago. Then she spoke.

“Well, it was over thirty years ago now and you’re an adult, so I suppose it’s okay if you knew. I was just a teenager, and Mike was just barely older than I. Him, your aunts Laurie and Kim,-“

“Who?” I asked, never having heard of either people, but she didn’t explain and kept talking.

“-we went camping up by Diamond Lake. Those days it wasn’t so built up and it was a nice place to camp. The second night we where there Laurie said he has to pee so she got up to do her business a few paces away from the campfire. But she didn’t return after a few minutes and we got worried and we went after her. We found her just a few yards from us, staring into the dark tree branches. Kimberley was closest to Laurie and she sorta nudged her, and when she nudged her she didn’t reply. And she didn’t reply when she pushed her and yelled at her, but Laurie didn’t move. I was just about to ask her what she was doing when I heard this…noise calling my name. It wasn’t a voice, it was like the sound of nails on a chalkboard. I don’t know if it was real or if it was in my own head, but it called me and I was too terrified to move or run or even call out to Mike or my sisters.

Then, out of the woods this tall thing in a business suit came at us. It wasn’t walking on it’s legs though, it bobbed along on these huge tentacles, like an octopus, if an octopus could walk. I don’t remember exactly how many it had though, it was just lit by our campfire. I was paralyzed but Mike wasn’t, he started after it and told us to run back to the tent. Suddenly I snapped back to myself and I did, I ran back to the tent and I hid there under all four of our sleeping bags, crying and trying not to listen the horrible sounds I could hear. No screaming, there was never any human voices. Sound of crunching and tearing and popping.

Two days later people came looking for us. I was still hiding under the sleeping bags but they found Mike first, then what was left of our sisters, high up in the trees, skewered like sis kabobs. Whatever it was it wasn’t just content to kill our sisters, instead it left Mike alive, with the eyes of both of our sisters in his mouth. They blamed him and he’s been in prison ever since but I don’t think he knows or even cares where he is, that skinny thing took his mind. They listened to my story and said we were on LSD. But my family, they knew Mike could never do anything like that and they believe me. Weird things happen. Weird things.”

It’s all a bit out there, but it has a lot in common with some of the other slender man stories so I thought I’d post it. This happened in Eastern Washington in 1977 and my uncle is in prison but I thought, up until yesterday at least, that he killed a guy in a fight. I’d never heard of my aunts before though and I’m not getting any Google results for Laurie or Kimberly Ward, but that may be because no one’s bothered to put that stuff on the internet yet.

Edit-I'm just paraphrasing here, these aren't direct quotes from her. I'd try to get more info but I don't think she really wants to talk about it anymore.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Leyendecker posted:

At the permission of Faye Dauton, the doctor's daughter, the recording of the interview with Mr. Henderson was released.

Wow that was awesome. Wrote that up rather late at night and was worried someone on here was going to pan it for not making sense or something.

Viet Timh
Apr 16, 2009
I find this tall man stuff Fascinating and wanted to learn more. So I chcked around and found some really cool stuff. This was the scariest cause it occurred so close to where I live:

quote:

Hamilton Psychiatric Hospital
100 West 5th St.
Hamilton, ON

Patient File – 97-213-011

Patient Name – Unknown

Supervising Doctor – Harris, J. (June 16, 1997)
Venditti, S. (August 30, 1997)

June 16, 1997 - Female subject, twenty to thirty years of age, was admitted to facility. The subject is unresponsive to verbal or physical stimulation. The woman of unknown origin was found wandering the streets earlier in the morning. She had several cuts and bruises as well as tears in her clothing. The police officers who responded suspect she may have been the victim of a mugging or sexual assault but so far the subject has been unresponsive. No identification was found on her person. The only clue to her possible origin is a receipt found in one of her pockets. The receipt, dated the morning of June 15, 1997, appears to be from a store in St. Louis, Missouri. The police say they will have to contact the store in the morning for confirmation of its origin. In the opinion of the supervising doctor the patient should be kept for observation. Copies of the police report can be found in this file as supporting document 1c: HWPS report 97017601

June 17, 1997 – Constable Webber of the Hamilton-Wentworth Police services says the store confirmed that the transaction was indeed from their store. One of the store clerks remembered serving a patron matching the patient’s description and clothing. They believe she must come here by plane, but without Identification there may be know way to trace her flight.

July 3, 1997 – Hamilton-Wentworth Police Services sent the results of their tests. There is no indication of sexual assault and wounds are not consistent with a physical attack. They believe injuries may have resulted from a scrambling escape; possibly through a wooded area due to some forest detritus found on the clothing. Copies of the police test report can be found in this file as supporting document 3a: HWPS report 97017832

July 9, 1997 – The patient has begun to speak. Though she still remains unresponsive to questioning and physical stimulus, she has started to mumble. Most of what she says seems to be incoherent ramblings.

July 10, 1997 – The patient’s rambling seem to revolve around a tall man with, as she puts it, empty eyes. Still no response to questioning.

July 15, 1997 – There was some success with the patient today. During a round of questioning she stopped her rambling and addressed the supervising doctor. Only two words were spoken directly to him before she continued rambling; “you’re next”. Patient is being kept under increased security due what is being perceived as a threat.

July 17, 1997 – The patient was not in her room. Security has reviewed their footage and according to them the patient was admitted to her room at 7:30 pm and did not leave through the door between that time and when the orderly came to retrieve her in the morning. There is no damage to the window or its lock. At this point it is unknown how she escaped.

August 30, 1997 – Patient’s file has been transferred to Dr. Venditti due to Dr. Harris’ unknown whereabouts.

July 17, 2004 – Patient file closed.

Viet Timh fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 15, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

Mr. 47 posted:

:words:

Edit:
I gust googled for 'fake newspaper generator' and turned up a site where I copied/pasted from your post. It's a shame the thing won't do the full page. I haven't yet found one online that will.

I might be able to adapt some PHP code I've got to make my own, but I'd probably want to add options for different layouts, pictures, ad-boxes, etc. I'd go overboard with trying to throw too many things into it at once, then ADD would kick in and I'd never finish.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Volponi fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 15, 2009

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Volponi posted:

You are a saint among men, my friend.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Stirling City Post posted:

Rash of Animal Mutilations Blamed on Coyotes.

By Tom Chisolm
Posted: April 21, 1987

Stirling City, CA - A rash of pet deaths in northern Stirling City over the past several weeks has been blamed on coyotes, according to the Butte County Animal Control Department.

"After a particularly harsh winter, food supplies may be low, forcing wild animals to venture into town in search of prey," Animal Control Officer Joel Driscol said.

As many as nine dogs and cats have gone missing since January, and have been found in various states of decay. Many of the pets were disemboweled, or otherwise seriously mutilated.

"It was unusual, I'll admit," Driscol said in an interview. "The wounds were unusually precise, and it's rare that a wild animal would leave so much of the carcass uneaten."

"My daughters are extremely upset by this,' said David Elkins, owner of the most recent victim, "They're ten and eight, and don't fully understand what's happened to [the cat]."

Kitten Cakes
Aug 26, 2008

Delicious and nutritious.

Story and picture by Evan Summers.

"Throughout my years of college I thought of myself as a sort of amateur ghost-hunter. I would go out alone or in small groups of friends to graveyards or old broken-down houses and take pictures and audio, searching back later for EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) or anything weird in photos. I usually found something interesting, but most things were usually explained away as dust or reflections or wind.

It wasn't until I went to visit my dad in Pennsylvania that I got my best shot of all. At about 12:45 AM on April 25, 2009, I set out for the graveyard seven blocks from the apartment to take some pictures.

The night was uneventful. The graveyard was small, so there wasn't much to shoot. Just as I was about to head home, I heard a bloodcurdling scream near the path. My heart racing, I hurried back to the path, hoping it was a ghost and not a human. The scream was unworldly, and really hard to describe: it sounded animalistic yet human, and part of me was trying to convince myself I hadn't actually heard it, but it was all in my head.

As I reached the path, I stopped dead in my tracks. Something that might have been a girl was crouched near a headstone. Her skin was sickly white, her hands mutilated into nothing but twisted stumps, and her legs were stubby and stuck out of her body in strange positions. Breathing heavily, I snapped a shot.

At the flash, the girl raised her head. Her eyes were two black, empty sockets, and they stared into my soul. I suddenly felt like I was freezing and somewhat numb. I raised my camera again and took another shot. Bad idea.

The creature reared her head back and let out another ungodly scream. It pierced my ears... I felt something warm and wet in them, as if she had caused them to bleed. As she screamed, I shot another picture and began to run. I looked back to see her chasing after me; the way she ran was horrifying. The only way I could possible describe it is for you to imagine a crab scuttling forward instead of sideways.

I ran and ran. I ran all the way back to the apartment. I ran upstairs, unlocked the door, and hurried inside. Locking it behind me, I fell to the ground and touched my ears. The blood had started to dry. There was blood. I hadn't imagined it.

I developed the pictures the next day. The first one turned out completely black, while the second turned out clear, but had no Screaming Girl in it. The third was the only image I have of her, though it is a bad shot due to the fact that I was starting to run.

Since the incident I have been cold. It's been warm, but I am constantly freezing. I can see my own breath when I exhale not matter how hot my surroundings are. Every night I dream of her. She did something to me."

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
I always found it odd that my grandpa, who was a real smart man. Always worked construction and other seemingly low pay jobs, even though he had his college diploma in business management.

Well, one day when I was at his house we were watching tv when the local news had a story about some kids who gone missing and how some other children in the area were talking about a skinny tall man in a suit. My grandpa shook a moment and I asked whats wrong. He turned the tv off and asked me what I knew about his time in WW2.

All my dad told me was that Grandpa was a paratrooper. My grandpa laughed and told me that is what he told my dad. In reality he was a OSS field op. He said he was involved in many missions that remain secret to this day. Before I could ask what that had to do with missing kids he started to speak.

Near the end of the war grandpa and a team of agents were sent on a mission in the Black Forest in Germany. They were disguised as civilians. Their mission was to meet up with a group who was going to give them some stolen Nazi plans. As they set up camp that night they heard a noise. Hiding their weapons they saw what looked to be a Nazi solider walking towards them. At first they thought he was drunk how he looked to be stumbling around until he got to their camp fire and they saw that his leg was broken. As they asked the solider what happened Grandpa said the solider just mumbled something then passed out. They figured that maybe there was a car wreck or maybe he was attacked by someone when the Nazi suddenly sat up, screaming "He's coming, oh God he's coming!"

My grandpa was shouting this in perfect German, I didn't know he could speak any other languages. Grandpa then said that a guy on his team, Jim, pulled out his Thompson and pointed it towards where the Nazi came from. The others grabed their weapons when they saw him.

A man in a black suit was walking towards them. Grand said he yelled at the man in german, french, any language he could think of to make this odd looking man answer who he was. It got closer and closer till they saw it's face.

At that moment I saw my grandpa's face become pale, eyes gone distant.

He said there were no real features, just odd looking orbs and at first a little line for a mouth. It stood there looking at the men, then the Nazi on the ground. The Nazi was crying, mumbling to himself. One of the team yelled for the "man" to put his hands up. At that moment the "man" shot up in the air. Grandpa said that's when they saw the tentacles. Grandpa and his team opened fire on the thing. It seemed like their bullets weren't doing anything as the "man" used one of its tentacles to grab the Nazi. The Nazi screamed in terror as he was dragged through the air. Grandpa said he aimed his gun at the poor bastard but something hit him and he fell to the ground.

Grandpa said it seemed like time around him and the "man" just slowed down. He could see the bullets hit the "man" but they seemed to be adsorbed into him. The "man" looked down at Grandpa, then in a flash the man and the Nazi were gone. He said everything was so quiet. A little while after that the people they were waiting for showed up. Asking what happened. No one said anything.

After the war Grandpa got married and was going to work for this company in New York but had a massive panic attack when he saw all the men in black business suits. After that moment he worked any jobs that didn't involve wearing or being around strangers in business suits.

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
Slender man is really frightening me, genuinely tapping into my primal 'wrongness' sense.

I can't photoshop, which is a shame, as I have lots of pictures ripe for it.
I might write a story and get someone who can photoshop to do something with the images with me, if that's alright?

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

geekchic posted:

Slender man is really frightening me, genuinely tapping into my primal 'wrongness' sense.

I can't photoshop, which is a shame, as I have lots of pictures ripe for it.
I might write a story and get someone who can photoshop to do something with the images with me, if that's alright?

I'll do it, I have plenty of assets but GIS is really loving me when I try to find find scenes, so if you can send me what you want shopped that would be great.

Email = JoeChelminski AT gmail DOT com

Leyendecker
Oct 31, 2008

:sun:
I'm sure there's someone more qualified but if anyone needs any recordings done I have minimal sound engineering knowledge and can do some more lame voice-acting.

This slender man stuff is really great- though freaky as hell. I definitely had a slender man nightmare last night after recording BooDoug's story.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Slender man is loving fantastic. Going to try a little bit to add to it, hope ya dont mind Victor. I'm no good with photoshop, so I'd thought I'd add some text. If anyone is good making some images and wants to collaborate, send me a PM!

Oct. 23, 2007:

Sender: Maj. Tomas C. Witmoore

To: Col. Steven Bitman

Sub: Ongoing S. Man Investigation.

Colonel, as per your request, I am updating you as to our last investigation into the case. Having received the report from the police, we sent out a team to the last known site that the Slender Man was seen. Timeline of investigation is as follows:

0200: Car with the husband and wife pulls into the parking lot of the police station. Approx. 5 minutes later, police notice the car idling in the parking lot, and go out to investigate. The two civilians are then helped out of the car after pressure bandages are applied to their wounds, and brought into the station.

0230: After half an hour, both subjects are calmed down to the point where they could speak. Police are informed of what they were doing in the area, and why they were at the station covered in, according to the report, was "Blood, bits of human tissue, and unidentifiable pieces of what appeared to be some sort of bone or rock."

0300: The police sent the report in to the FBI, while sending out several deputies to the area, to investigate.

0315: All communication with the deputies is lost. Subjects sent to the hospital.

0330: Report comes in that the husband and wife fled from the ambulance at a red light. Location of them is still, at this time, unknown.

0400: FBI teams arrive to the police station, where they set up a perimeter around the area that the subjects had said they were camping in.

0415: First FBI team is sent in to find police deputies.

0417: Agent finds what appears to be a "clear bag, full of human intestine."

0420: Agent finds several corpses, including the police deputies, hanging from the trees in a circular pattern. Corpses have been opened on the front, with the ribcage cut in two. Internal organs seem to be in some sort of clear bag, arranged in their proper place in the human anatomy, except for the intestines.

At this point Sir, we are contacted and asked to form a perimeter around the area. Fog continues to thicken. Nothing has been seen, as of yet, but I believe it is simply a matter of time. Requesting further instructions.

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.
Slender Man found his way into my dreams last night, too. I didn't even realize I was that into it. :(

MonkeyMaker
May 22, 2006

What's your poison, sir?
January 27, 2009

I'm really not sure how to begin this journal. My doctor (my psychiatrist, Dr. Bronn) suggested I start keeping one at our meeting last week. I think she thinks it'll help me get through the "dreams". I don't think they ARE dreams, though, even though she and my wife keep insisting they are. I don't know what they are, though. I just can't explain

Maybe I should start at the beginning. I guess that would be a week and a half or so ago. Around the 15th, during that weird warm spell we had in the middle of winter. Not that winter really gets cold here in California but 90s in the Bay area in January is weird no matter what. I was up late one night, working, and took the dog out for a last pee before bed. Normally I just stand out in the front yard with him but I decided to head over to the Iron Horse Trail this night. It's a nice trail just a half-mile or so from my house. We walk there a lot during the day but I don't usually go there during the night. I guess I've always been a little spooked in the dark. Probably has something to do with growing up in the country, maybe.

I'm rambling again. OK, taking the dog to the Iron Horse Trail. Like I said, it's about a half mile there, all residential until you get to the trail itself. The trail is surrounded by houses but it feels pretty secluded when you get on it. It's strange. You can see tons of stars, even though you're in a city, and that night was especially bright. The trail was empty except for the dog and myself. We walked in the scrub (Jon calls it "the pucky brush") so the dog could do his business and I was watching the sky.

The trail goes on for a long way. I'm not really not sure but I think it's around 20 miles from end to end. Anyway, we wandered up the scrub for a ways, almost to the turn-out for the nearby park. That's maybe another quarter mile, but I doubt it. There's a big tree there that's been knocked over. Actually, I think it was cut down because of storm damage or something. Anyway, it's laying on its side right next to the path back to the park. The dog finally decided to crap once we got back there so we stop and, again, I'm looking at the sky, watching stars and the moon.

It was a warm night, like I said, but suddenly I started shivering. Not like the shiver you make when you're cold, either. Or, not really. It was more like the shiver you get at the end of a good long piss. Pleasant but still out-of-bodyish? I really don't know how to describe it. Maybe it's not something everyone has. I couldn't stop!

A hundred shakes later, I finally stopped. I'm not sure how long it was, actually. Everything still looked the same, the stars, the moon, the dog hunkered down next to me, so maybe it was an instant, but it seemed like an hour -- a lifetime!

My dog, Buck, was whining. Maybe he was doing it while I was shivering, but I don't know. I'm not even sure if I heard him right after I came back to myself or if, again, it was hours later. It wasn't just his normal whine, though, like when he really wants to go out. It was

I can't even say what it was. It was a death whine. I had a dog when I was little that died of cancer, Anne, and I remember her whining and crying when it was finally getting so bad we had to have her put down. Buck was doing that but he was slobbering and foaming, too, with his hackles up and his eyes rolling around.

The first thing I thought was that he found something bad in the grass. A sharp piece of metal or some poison or something. I was panicked, of course. Dr. Bronn asked my why I didn't pick him up and rush him home or to an animal hospital or something and I don't know why I didn't. I couldn't even think to do that. My thoughts were

My thoughts were to stomp his skull flat.

I -- I can hardly bring myself to write that down, even now, a week or two later. Not that terrible thoughts get less terrible over time. But for some reason, right then, I just wanted to kill my dog.

I shivered again, just once, and the thought went away. I stooped down to see if Buck was OK and he was back to his normal Golden Retriever self. His hair was laying flat and he wasn't slobbering or anything and he gave me a big lick when I got down to his level. Nothing was wrong. I hugged him and stood back up and we started walking back to the street to come back home. We didn't walk in the pucky brush, this time, but on the paved trail.

When we reached the sidewalk, I stopped and looked back at the trail. I saw a bicyclist out for a late night ride coming down the path. The light on the front of his bike lit up a stray cat on the side of the path. Nothing weird.

We came back home, I put Buck in his kennel, and went to bed myself after brushing my teeth. My wife and son were already asleep and I read for a few minutes and then went to sleep.

I think I'll have to wait until the sun comes up tomorrow to write down the dreams I had that night. Those are what made me go to Dr. Bronn in the first place. I want to stop having these dreams.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

TheRiffie posted:

Slender Man found his way into my dreams last night, too. I didn't even realize I was that into it. :(

Holy gently caress, this happened to me too. I'm not bullshitting at all. This stuff must tap the fear in a lot of people.

I was dreaming of a photograph of children and I could see tentacles coming in from the sides.

Creeped my balls off to say the least.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I like that the Slender Man closely resembles a tree or creeper. He's a forest kind of thing. You can imagine warning children not to go and get lost in the forest because eventually one of the trees you walk past won't be a tree but just a very tall thin person standing very still and then you get your coat caught on a branch and it isn't a branch because it's one of his fingers.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Something about Slender Man just seems to really hit a nerve with a lot of us, it seems. I love it. It's creepy, it's weird, and it makes me want to expand further on it. I'm tempted to write more, but lets see what you guys think of it first :allears:

Kitten Cakes
Aug 26, 2008

Delicious and nutritious.
Less words, more Photoshop. The idea of the tentacle-y man is interesting, but I'd rather see Photoshops+stories in a Photoshop thread than just stories.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Kitten Cakes posted:

Less words, more Photoshop. The idea of the tentacle-y man is interesting, but I'd rather see Photoshops+stories in a Photoshop thread than just stories.

Yeah. I'm just really bad with Photoshop, so I'm contributing the only way I can :(

But if someone wants to do up some slender man pictures, and send them to me so I can add a bit of story to them, let me know. Cooperation :woot:

CinnamonToastFunk
Nov 11, 2008

"He is ill clothed that is bare of funk."
--Pimpjammin Funklin
Let's make a separate thread wherein Slender Man pictures and stories can coexist in harmony.

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.

Leyendecker posted:

That was truly excellent, it reminded me of the tapes in Session 9.

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008

TrenchMaul posted:

I'll do it, I have plenty of assets but GIS is really loving me when I try to find find scenes, so if you can send me what you want shopped that would be great.

Email = JoeChelminski AT gmail DOT com

Ok, give me a little while to write some stories out and I'll send them and the pics.

A seperate slender man thread sounds great- I think we'd get more than enough material. It really bothers me, I find myself... worrying at the idea.

(on my way to the gym earlier I jumped like a little girl at the noise of a bird in the bushes)

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

I'm useless with Photoshop, but the pics here are ripe for some Slender Man work.

I'm also putting together a back story for it, and if someone could put some subtle touches on a couple of these, I'd really appreciate it.

http://brnation.d2sector.net/ue/gary_city_methodist_gary_indiana.htm

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Volponi posted:

Edit:
I gust googled for 'fake newspaper generator' and turned up a site where I copied/pasted from your post. It's a shame the thing won't do the full page. I haven't yet found one online that will.

I might be able to adapt some PHP code I've got to make my own, but I'd probably want to add options for different layouts, pictures, ad-boxes, etc. I'd go overboard with trying to throw too many things into it at once, then ADD would kick in and I'd never finish.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I'm afraid that you will have to edit the image a bit. No decent Desk Editor would let a single word start a new column.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Something about Slender Man just seems to really hit a nerve with a lot of us, it seems. I love it. It's creepy, it's weird, and it makes me want to expand further on it. I'm tempted to write more, but lets see what you guys think of it first :allears:

Please continue, and see if you can find the original case file as well - it reminds me something similar that happened in 1950:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Edit: Never mind.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 15, 2009

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.
I read this thread before sleeping and dreampt about the Slender Man. Pretty creepy!

He reminds me of an asian horror film called The Eye where these tall ghostly people showed up to take people to the other side. I can't find an image but of all the ghosts and weird things in that movie those weird tall ghost things scared me the most.

MooseyFate
May 20, 2007

Yes, that's right

Mr. 47 posted:

I'm useless with Photoshop, but the pics here are ripe for some Slender Man work.

I'm also putting together a back story for it, and if someone could put some subtle touches on a couple of these, I'd really appreciate it.

http://brnation.d2sector.net/ue/gary_city_methodist_gary_indiana.htm

Did you take all those pictures yourself? Or where are you getting them?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
One of my favorite King stories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_Black_Suit

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Transcript #21

Session Three, 11 AM:

Dr. Phillips (P): Alright, Joseph. Do you think you can stay calm today?

Joseph Lhie (J): I don't want to talk about this again.

P: I know, but we need to go through this until you can come to terms with what happened to your friend.

J: I know what happened to Ned. I'm not crazy.

P: No, Joseph... You're just very ill, that's all. It wasn't your fault.

J: Of course it wasn't my fault! I didn't loving kill him! We didn't do it!

P: Stay calm, Joseph. You don't want me to have to sedate you again, do you? I know you don't like the sedatives.

J: gently caress no, I don't want that again, no sir, I do not want that again.

P: Then you need to stay calm with me, okay?

J: Okay. Okay.

P: Now, this tree man -

J: Tall man. He wasn't no tree. He was just tall and all... Branchy.

P: Right. Tall man. He wasn't real, Joseph.

J: I been telling myself that, doc... But he loving was real! Hell, he weren't even no drat person... But he LOOKED like a person, like one of them X-Files guys or something...

P: Joseph. He was. Not. Real.

J: He was real! He weren't meant to be real, you could tell! ...like he was wearing a man's face as a mask or somethin'... It didn't fit right, doc. No sir, it didn't fit right. But he was real.

P: This 'tall man' didn't kill Ned. You need to accept that.

J: No sir, he didn't kill Ned. We did. But he made us kill Ned. Yes sir. That's what he did.

P: The 'tall man' wasn't real Ned. You and your friends were drunk and angry. That's all there was.

J: No sir, we weren't drunk at all. We only had a few beers, we was just going out in there what to shoot at some gators! Then it came all sorta sliding out of the trees an...

P: And you shot Ned.

J: No! We didn't kill our friend! No sir! Thing was all looking at us funny, and we're wondering, who's this guy? Who wears a loving suit in the Bayou? Why's he so tall?

P: Who does wear a suit in the Bayou, Joseph? He was a hallucination.

J: It weren't no hallucination! It weren't no real thing either. It was... gently caress, I don't know how to tell it! It was loving there but not there, doc! Wearin' the skin of a man like a different suit... Didn't fit right... No it did not...

P: You said he took you over. Why didn't he take over Ned, Joseph?

J: Ned were always kinda... Weird. Heard voices since he was fourteen, but he was a real solid buddy, y'know? We didn't care he talked to himself, seeing as he was just our old buddy. I guess that's why he couldn't make him do things.

P: He couldn't take over Ned because you killed him, Joseph.

J: We didn't kill him. It killed him. Yes sir, it was the thing.

P: The body was full of bullet holes, Joseph, not 'spear arm' wounds, whatever those would look like. Three of them were from your gun.

J: We didn't loving kill Ned.

P: You killed your friend. It's important you accept that, so you can begin to move on and we can start fixing you.

J: We didn't do it.

P: Joseph, you -

J: WE DIDN'T KILL NED, drat IT! WE DIDN'T loving DO IT! I DIDN'T KILL MY FRIEND!

P: Joseph, calm down!

J: IT DID IT! IT MADE US DO IT! WE DIDN'T WANT TO! IT MADE US DO IT! IT MADE US!

<Tape ends with a struggle and indecipherable screaming from Patient J as the orderlies pin and sedate him.>