Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheRiffie posted:

I'm not usually one to get all bandwagony but Slender Man is honestly one of the most inspiring and sinister things I've seen lately. Something about it seems to strike some sort of primal 'wrong' chord.
It's The Rake all over again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Slender Man.

He exists because you thought of him.

Now try and not think of him.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This may or may not be related to the Slender Man mythos;
Robert Wadlow, the tallest human being of all time was 8'11" when he died. The cause of death was listed as an infection from a blister on his ankle caused by a faulty brace, but his death certificate described the wound as 'a puncture or bite mark of unknown origin'.
He was buried in a half-ton coffin that required 12 pallbearers to carry, which was interred within a vault of solid concrete. It was believed that Wadlow's family were concerned for the sanctity of his body after his death, and went to these lengths of security to ensure it would never be disturbed or stolen.
It was rumoured that these extreme burial measures were really undertaken so that no one could see the mysterious changes that started to occur to Wadlow's body after his demise; the inexplicable lengthening and splitting of the arms, the bizarre contortion of the facial features.
Perhaps the half-ton coffin and concrete vault were not to preserve the sactity of the body, but to keep something from escaping.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wadlow#Death

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

21stCentury posted:

do people believe in it or is this like the slender man, completely fictional?
What makes you think The Slender Man is a fictional story?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Look out the window.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Any video of...this thing.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

quote:

Has anyone thought about the possibility that we are creating a tulpa? It's a thought form that is realized through the efforts of a group of people. We might be creating the Slender Man, making him real.
Remember the statement I made earlier in the thread;

SLENDER MAN
THE MORE YOU THINK OF HIM THE MORE REAL HE BECOMES
NOW TRY AND NOT THINK OF HIM

Not a joke. Thought alters reality and the shadows keep moving in my peripheral vision.

Now go watch Aphex Twin's 'Come To Daddy' video. Take careful note of the inhumanly tall, emaciated figure the children gather around.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Can he be summoned?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

quote:

Transformed Man
Is this how The Slender Man replicates himself?
http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=239

Very few details are known about the life of Adam Rainer, but in a way, he represents an extraordinary piece of medical history. He was born in Graz, Austria in 1899, and as he grew and matured, it became evident that his stature was significantly shorter than the average man. He was classified as a dwarf, standing only 3 feet 10.5 inches (1.18 m) in 1920, his 21st year.

But in his early twenties, Adam's height suddenly began to increase at an astonishing rate, and without any signs of stopping. By his 32nd birthday, his unusually short stature of under four feet was increased to an unusually tall stature of just under 7 feet 2 inches (2.18 m). This incredible sustained rate of growth– about 3.6 inches per year– exhausted his body and left him bedridden.

It seems likely that the secretions from the poor chap's pituitary gland– the gland responsible for the body's growth hormones– went from a trickle to to a flood shortly after his 21st birthday. The malfunctioning organ caused his body to devote all of its resources to unchecked growth, leaving him weak and unable to stand.

He lived in this unfortunate condition until he died on March 4, 1950, aged 51. At the time of his death, he was measured at 7 feet 8 inches tall (2.34 m), twice the height he been at age 21. Adam was the only person in medical history to have been classified both as a dwarf and a giant.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

A Lamer posted:

Regarding sleep and slender man, I've slept like a log since I found this thread. :) Yall are babbies.
Place two mirrors across from each other so they reflect back and forth multiple times; now look at yourself. Deep down in the many images, where the reflections start to lose their colour, your reflection is grinning at you with maniacal hunger.
That's where he is.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So this is why the symbol for Anonymous is a suit without a face.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

gnarlyhotep posted:

Makes me think of a Slender Man manga.
I doubt even Junji Ito could come up with something as unnerving as Slender Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

An observer posted:

Bullshit, I find his stuff far more unnerving. Was he also the one who wrote uzumaki? Because that's just the cherry on top. I go back and read that poo poo like once a month and then I see spirals everywhere for a week.
There are spirals in your ears
in your ears
in your ears
in your ears
(reaches for a pair of scissors).