Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
Ditto that the whole 'slender man' thing is fantastic. I actually thought it was a real photo at first that was a bit blurry and someone just came up with a story to make it "paranormal."

What would be a cool way to continue the theme? Photoshop the slender man into things? MSP him so that it looks like a kid did it after seeing him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
^^^^
I'm missing it in this one. Someone wanna spoil it for me?

Bushwhacked posted:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark scared the poo poo out of me when I was a kid. Even the "funny" stories.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
^^^^
Ditto. This has been my favorite thread as of late.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
That one kind of has a "pale man" feel, from Pan's Labyrinth. But with clothes.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.

Jellyfish posted:

Images associated with the "Slender Man" phenomenon. Filed under S.MAN. Extracted from journal of missing person *** *******, female, age 23.

Multiple corresponding depictions of humanoid form, multiple mutations or deformations. Several consistent identifying markers, with other traits changing or "transforming" from image to image. Total 32 pages relevant to case.

These are really, really fantastic. I love the face in the first one, especially. It's like he's some sort of thing that's somewhat mimicking a man...but not quite.

If we're standardizing the form my vote goes for this.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.

Caseus Maximus posted:

FILE COPY

Transcript from CVR recovered from Cessna Stationair N[REDACTED]

This is brilliant and I'd love to hear an actual staged recording of it.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
What would a Slender Man tag say? Hm...

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
^^^
I love the picture and there's something about hearing "the waiting noises just outside" that scares the hell out of me.

I did some digging on the so-called "slender man" and discovered this photo. All it said was that the drawing was found at a day care parking lot.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.

dpack_1 posted:

The Slender Man has many different forms, the closer you are the more human his form, but from a distance he uses his tentacles to travel great distances and scale sheer surfaces.

I really like this idea. It adds a unique element.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.

Screaming Idiot posted:

This is the only thing I could see when I looked at that picture.

Hah! Yeah, now that you mention it, the mouth kind of ruined it. Oh well.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
Wow, it took me a minute to get that one, too. Very nice with the trees.

TrenchMaul posted:

I am a therapist and this thread has scared the poo poo out of me.

Success!

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
I googled "the slender man" for shits & giggles and this fantastic illustration is the first hit: http://pirate-cashoo.deviantart.com/art/The-Slender-Man-126757003

Click here for the full 527x1000 image.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
Slender Man now has a post on the "mythical creatures & beasts wiki."

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Slender+Man

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
poo poo. I officially had my first slenderman nightmare. I don't even remember what it was about other than being panicked that my 2nd graders & I had to get away. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
:eek: : "You have like one million arms!"

:unsmigghh: : "THE BETTER TO HUG THEE WITH MY DEAR..."