Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

She sprints up the stairs, the sound of her feet banging on the wood is too clear in the silence. Her mind is not working, she isn't thinking about the way it moved, the face it didn't really have, the sounds it made, the screams and cracking.
No, her mind is not working, she needs to get away, she has come far in the car, as fast as she can and now she's home. It can't have followed her, that is impossible, but she won't slow down until she's in her room.

She bursts through the door and onto the bed, face down and sobbing as the adrenaline rush takes its toll and her mind catches up with her brain. Deep heaving breathes of air, screaming at the thought of it, the way it wailed, god save her, like a child! The way it looked, wrong, a nightmare invading her waking world.

She turns her head to the door and her noises stop with a sharp intake of breath.
Her heart stabs her chest with cold terror. In the corner of her eye, in the shadow behind the wardrobe... its too dark. Oh god she can see its arm!

She sits frozen, staring at the door, the malformed darkness in her peripheral vision, it knows she sees it, it knows there is nothing she can do now, it knows she knows that.
It waits with a malignant curiosity, a man pulling legs off a spider, to see what she does now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

My slender man attempt

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Every time you close your eyes just know that the Slender man could be in front of you, waiting for you to open your eyes.

Don't look at him.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Soakie posted:

The Slender Man needs some weakness, some way to defend against him. An all-powerful creature leaves no hope, gives you no reason to even try to escape. If this loving thing materializes, I want to know how to fight it or even defeat it.

I'm thinking fire. It's man's primordial achievement, and casts shadows of its own. Maybe the shadows from the fire can fight him. Maybe humans discovered fire because of him, the embodiment of darkness and fear.

I don't know, but this thing has got to have a weakness.

I think thats the point, there is no point in trying to escape.
If you get away its only because he lets you, hes the monster in your nightmare who always finds your hiding place.