Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

This one is a little too subtle. I played with brightness/contrast trying to find something, and still couldn't see it. I had to open both images and alt-tab between them quickly a few times before I could see any difference. After I found it, it's still hard to make out in the 'shopped pic, even knowing where to look.

Paraedolia found a 'face' that was already in the original, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

Doedipus posted:

I'm missing it in this one. Someone wanna spoil it for me?

I'm not really sure. Pareidolia kicked in yet again and found some strange tree-beast on the right. I adjusted the brightness/contrast around it to make it easier to spot.

Edit:
Found it.

Look toward the lower left of the large garage-door opening, under what appears to be a small bench or something.

Edit 2:

Contrast adjusted.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 15, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Mr. 47 posted:

:words:

Edit:
I gust googled for 'fake newspaper generator' and turned up a site where I copied/pasted from your post. It's a shame the thing won't do the full page. I haven't yet found one online that will.

I might be able to adapt some PHP code I've got to make my own, but I'd probably want to add options for different layouts, pictures, ad-boxes, etc. I'd go overboard with trying to throw too many things into it at once, then ADD would kick in and I'd never finish.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Volponi fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 15, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

homerlaw posted:

Men, it's Slendermen, there are multiple of them. As seen from the photis, some are more concealed with the only distinct features being height and lack of features. Others have changed,reverted into a more primal or advanced to a different form, with the increase of strange features, tentacles and the like. I hope there are multiples, or the one there is can change, and he may be able to change into a more human form, and infiltrate human society.

I like the idea of just one Slender Man. Multiple worldwide sightings are due to his ability to travel ethereally; he exists inter-dimensionally and is not subject to restrictions of our space-time.

Differing appearances are the result of multiple factors. One, nobody ever sees all of him, just whatever portion that the entity has 'phased' into their proximity. Two, most Slender Man 'sightings' are indistinct glances or unclear photos; if anyone has gotten a good view of him, they're not around to describe him.

"Some say that the worst monsters reside in the imagination, drawn from the greatest fears of those who imagine them. I say there are horrors beyond mortal imagining, and they are far worse. And I have looked on both."

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Dolly Parton posted:

That seals it, I'm getting a dog.

Hahahaha, so you'll be offering Slender Man an appetizer, huh?

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Dolly Parton posted:

That seals it, I'm getting a dog.

I replied once already, but since I didn't really contribute anything, here I go again.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
OFFICIAL REPORT

12:09 AM, AUGUST 23, REDACTED:

911 call received from Mr. [REDACTED of REDACTED Parish. Caller stated that he was concerned for the safety of his nearest neighbor (Mr. REDACTED). Caller states that he had been awoken at midnight by the sounds of some commotion, a dog barking loudly and furiously followed by shouting, a single gunshot, horrible screaming, and finally silence. Caller informs 911 operater that the home of Mr REDACTED is "a few hundred yards away" from his own, and thought it odd that the sounds had traveled so far through the woods. 911 operator dispatched officers to the scene.

12:48 AM AUGUST 23:

Officers arrive at the residence on Mr. REDACTED to discover the an area of the outer wall of the residence ripped away, leaving a gaping hole (approximately 15-foot wide by 10 feet high) where the entry door had been. Debris spread from the tearing down of the wall was spread both inside and outside the residence, in an area approximately 20 feet in every direction from the hole. Unable to determine whether the wall had been knocked down from inside or outside the home, one officer on the scene reportedly said the wall looks to have simply exploded from within. Signs of a struggle were evident in the upstairs bedroom. Some furniture had been knocked over and the matress "looked like someone went slash-happy with a sword", in the words of one responder. A shotgun with one spent shell was on the floor, but officers were unable to locate any buckshot scoring of the walls or other objects in the room, and the window glass was unbroken.

Officers Were unable to locate any sign of Mr. REDACTED. Small traces of blood were found in the adjacent bathroom sink but this is not likely a result of this event, as an adjustable shaving razor was also in the sink.

Though the caller had reported hearing a dog barking and officers did find a bag of dog food and water/food dishes on the floor in the kitchen, the dog was nowhere to be found.

Though many photographs were taken, the data got corrupted somehow, and only one photo was usable.

Photo from outside of the home:

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

21stCentury posted:

I don't see anything...

Awww, gently caress. It looked fine when I saved it. Damnit, I should've checked it harder before uploading.

Behind the second tree from the left, I 'shopped the dog in, except I made the dog's legs longer than they should be, made his tail split into tentacles, and put gigantic hawk-talons where his paws should be.

I just re-opened it and tried to do contrast/brightness adjustments in that area, but the dog seems to have almost completely faded out. Unfortunately, I didn't save until after I merged all the layers and only saved the JPG so now I can't fix the thing.

I swear it looked right when I saved it. I blame loving Paint Shop Pro 8. I don't have Photoshop and from the few times I've played with it, it looks like there's a bit of a learning curve involved.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

This is interesting. Could it be that we'd been warned about this tall thin spectre, and we misundesrtood/misinterpreted the warnings?

A few examples:

Nostradamus posted:

II 9:
Nine years the lean one will hold the realm in peace,
Then he will fall into a very bloody thirst:
Because of him a great people will die without faith and law
Killed by one far more good-natured.

II 10:
Beneath the holy earth of a soul the faint voice heard,
Human flame seen to shine as divine:
It will cause the earth to be stained with the blood of the monks,
And to destroy the holy temples for the impure ones.

IV 25:
Beneath the holy earth of a soul the faint voice heard,
Human flame seen to shine as divine:
It will cause the earth to be stained with the blood of the monks,
And to destroy the holy temples for the impure ones.

IV 26:
Lofty bodies endlessly visible to the eye,
Through these reasons they will come to obscure:
Body, forehead included, sense and head invisible,
Diminishing the sacred prayers.

VIII 81:
The new empire in desolation
will be changed from the Northern Pole.
From Sicily will come such trouble that
it will bother the enterprise tributary to Philip.

VIII 82:
Thin tall and dry, playing the good valet
in the end will have nothing but his dismissal;
sharp poison and letters in his collar,
he will be seized escaping into danger.

XI 19:
Six hundred and five, six hundred and six and seven,
It will show us up to the year seventeen,
The anger, hatred and jealousy of the incendiary,
For a long enough time hidden under the olive tree,
The Crocodile has hidden on the land,
That which was dead will then be alive.

XI 20:
He who several times has
Held the cage and then the woods,
He will return to the first state
His life safe shortly afterwards to depart,
Still not knowing how to know,
He will look for a subject in order to die.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

The "Westward Expansion" of the U.S. during the 1800s was a time of great difficulty for many.

Seeking fortune or perhaps only adventure, families packed up their belongings in covered wagons and began the arduous journey westward.

Many families never made it. Some succumbed to bacterial infections, or were victims of attacks by natives, or were robbed and killed by other, more unscrupulous travellers. It was common in those times for people to die from exposure to the elements, starvation, and any number of other causes.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Folks 'round here tend to be a superstitious lot. Strange happenin's 'round these parts don't help matters much.

The swamps are dangerous, even to those familiar with the local landscape. Lotsa the older folk who've lived 'round here for their whole lives will swear the swamps are haunted.

Me? I don't believe it. Tales of hauntins' and such are nonsense. I chalk it up to the older folks bein' from a simpler time, more prone to believin' in magic an' stuff.

There's a powerful long history of folks believin' in things that ain't real. The Algonquians and other tribes had their stories of the Wendigo, a tall, gaunt creature who ate people. Insatiable, growin' taller and gettin' hungrier with each meal.

I've heard tales that Jack Fiddler (called "Mesnawetheno" in Swampy Cree, meanin' "Stylish man") once killed a wendigo, but I don't believe it. He killed someone, to be sure, but there ain't no such thing as wendigos.

Fables of the Roux-Ga-Roux are told from time to time. Simpletons insist it's real, but can't even agree on what it is. Some say it's a blood-sucker, others say it's a werewolf. I say it's rubbish. Mostly just the product of overactive imaginin's and similar foolishness.

I've even heard tell of a giant spider that rises from the depths and drags victims to the bottom. I say it's just a rottin' tree stump. The roots resemble spidery legs. The gasses from the rot float it up to the surface, then it sinks again. Sure, you could get drowned in the bog if you somehow got stuck on it, but that don't mean it's a monster.

Still, the swamps don't need any ridiculous stories of supernatural hauntin's to be dangerous. Lotsa venomous snakes and spiders out there. Poisonous gasses from rot. Gators can ruin your day pretty quick-like. There ain't no need to be makin' stuff up when there's enough real things to be scared of.

There's simple enough explanations without belivin' in magic and monsters.

See that? Just a tree. Yeah, it's a funny-lookin' tree, but that's all it is. No need for stories 'bout tree-monsters or somesuch.

One good rule I like to follow is "if there's water, there's gators". Every year durin' gator matin' season, people are all up on the TV news channels cryin' 'bout their dog that got ate 'cause they were stupid and let it go play in the swamp. People whinin' an' cryin', sayin' there shoulda been signs warnin' 'em 'bout gators. I say there ain't no need for signs. It's a swamp. If there's water, there's gators. Simple as that. City folk should be smarter'n to go traipsin' around in the swamp gettin' their pets ate.

See that? It's water. You wanna go snorkel in it, be my guest. I ain't gonna pretend no sympathy when you learn about your place in the food chain. Even if the gators or snakes don't get ya, you'll likely lose some blood to the leeches.

Me? I don't go in the water. I'm smarter'n that. Not that I'm scared of monsters or anythin'. Yer welcome to venture into the swamps as far as ya want, but I don't rightly recommend it. 'Specially if you don't know the area. All sortsa hazards abound, and folks do go missin' from time to time.

Prob'ly just gators though. Yeah, just gators. That's what I tell myself. Helps me sleep.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 30, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

I have a request, not sure how many of you are following the Slenderman Mafia. Basically i'm looking for a slenderman photoshop done with a town population sign in the photo ie this (But the text changed to "Wanderer Woods" (the generic town name in my game) and the current population is 11)

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

Is slenderman hiding in the back somewhere as well? Every tree twig looks like a gangly arm :ohdear:

I only put him on the cheesy 'slemnderman x-ing' sign. I also don't think I made the shadow for the slenderman sign quite long enough, but meh...

I can post it without the slenderman sign if you'd prefer. I'll try to find a subtle way to 'shop him into the trees, but it'll take me a few.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

That would be great (the first is great as well, id have a in game use for both).

I gave it a shot. Not sure if it's too subtle or not.

I'm not completely happy with it, but there ya go.

Edit:

Volponi fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 3, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

I figured since I'd already made the other sign, I may as well post an avatar-sized version.

Edit:

Mr. 47 posted:

My favorite part of this is the little hat. He may devour your children's organs in the night... but with panache.

Thanks. I couldn't resist putting the hat on him. Besides, the sign just didn't look right without it.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 3, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

If you don't take it, I will.

<<I've been looking for something to replace this little horror. Any ideas for a title, or just leave it blank?

If you want it, I'll make a cleaner one. Won't be until tomorrow, though.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

gently caress.

I spent way too much time trying to create an avatar-sized graphic of He Who Shall Not Be Named Aloud. My drat laptop has not been cooperative; It crashes everytime I get the image almost right.

Eventually, I decided to STOP trying to create an accurate representation of The Tall Thin Man Whose Name Will Not Be Spoken -- I chose to portray Him in a cutesy and comic fashion, instead. When I began, I thought it would help me deal with the abject terror He inspires.... I thought making light of Him would help to assuage the horror.

Something went wrong... Somthing aside from the obvious fact that I'm not very good at making animated GIFs. It started off innocent enough, But I shouldn't have kept following the trail.

Edit:
I cleaned the GIF up a little. It's better now, but still not quite what I was trying for.

585KB is way too big for avatar use, sadly. Every GIF optimization program I've tried results in an even larger file.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 12, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

TheToiletDuck posted:

I feel it might be too obvious?

It's not even the edited slenderman behind the building that makes this one creepy to me, it's trying to figure out the strange mantis-like-stick-creature on the tree limbs. That thing is bizarre.

Edit: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

TheToiletDuck posted:

Things. There are two of them. :quagmire:

Ah, I think I see it now. That explains it.

Volponi fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 19, 2009

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Fragrag posted:

Didn't someone make a Slenderman stencil in this thread? I'd love to use that, print it on stickers and post it around town.

I don't recall seeing a stencil. Feel free to use this, if you like though:

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Gordy posted:

How did slender man become this thing with multiple arms and tentacles?
Evolution?

Gordy posted:

It was scariest to me when it looked vaguely human yet unrealistic, sort of like an uncanny valley feeling to it.

Actually, the very first post in this thread that mentioned "The Slender Man" contained this photograph:

Victor Surge posted:

He had tentacles from the start.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Furikku posted:

That is one gigantic child.

Nah, she's pretty normal for her age. Here are some other pics of her:

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

finalellipsis posted:

the Slender Man's head sure is tiny.

Yeah OK, I'm not really good with shadows/angles/proportions.

I honestly thought I'd be called out for using pictures of Maddie McCann before I'd be criticized for my lack of image-editing skills.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

Liku posted:

gently caress the fish-worm thing gets my imagination thinking, "Tiny cave, nowhere to run, gently caress THAT THING." Then I saw the rest of the image.

What a horrid cave.

No offense to vanewc, but I thought the fish-worm-eel-teeth-creature was a little bit silly. The other part was more subtle, and was executed very well.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

vanewc posted:

Its a huge piranha actually. I almost went with leaving it out, but it took a little time to do so I left it in.

It looks scarier in that pic than in the photoshopped image, even though it's dead.

Like I said, I intended no offense. The other part of the 'shop job was excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Fruit punch powder mix with a small amount of water makes some decently convincing blood as long as you aren't being licked. Don't add too much water or else it gets too bright. You can get a canister of 6 Crystal Light packs for like $2. You could go out and buy fake blood but you'll end up paying more for only moderately better quality and you can't drink it afterward. This poo poo will stick to anything and stain though, be careful.
Awhile back, some other goon posted a recipe for creating pretty impressive fake blood/wounds/burns. IIRC, it involved melted marshmallows or marshmallow paste, cocoa powder and cherry kool-aid powder. There were photos posted in the thread, and the resulting effect was every bit as convincing as what you generally see in a lot of gore/slasher movies.

Error 404 posted:

I think at this point Slenderman belongs to all of us.
You've got it backwards. At this point, all of us belong to The Slender Man.