Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Geez, the asset there is far creepier than the finished photoshopped product. Any backstory there?

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Victor Surge posted:

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

All of the Slender Man stuff is good, though I think these three are the best. They seem more plausible. I also like the stories that accompany the first set of pics more-so than the other image 'storytelling' used in the other ones, but that's just me. Either way, keep up the good work.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

I think I may have found another striking similiarity to Slender Man. Coincidence... or something far more sinister?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQYZPwEdPoo

Aww, Slendy just wants you to buy his peanuts.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

pr0digal posted:

following, don't forget to use #slenderman ;)

No. FORGET to use #slenderman. You don't know Slender Man by name, or have any idea what he is or why he's bad yet, remember?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

OK seriously waffleimages isn't letting ME upload the original second image either. What the hell is going on here? :tinfoil:

And doubly :tinfoil: is what happened last night. I'm not one to let ol' Slendy here get the best of me; though I have an overactive imagination at times I haven't been too spooked to go near the woods at night or a Men's Warehouse or whatever. But yesterday at work, an older guy came in who knew my boss. My boss happens to be a very tall, skinny man. And the guy asked if that "slim, slender man" was working tonight.
And for a split second I was kind of :gonk:.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

Awesome I'll save you a spot.

I'm down too, for sure.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm getting rather tired of people trying to force this to be some bizarre amalgamation of the G-Man, It and Zalgo. Just let it be something fun and creepy. Quit posting 'HE IS COMING FOR YOUR BALLSACK' on every related Youtube and twitter post, stop trying to 'establish continuity' and 'write a definitive backstory' involving his 'true form,' quit trying to make it BE anything. It's fun and effective as it is.
Please and thank you.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Is that real graffiti someone made in response to images in this thread, or are those just very well-done photoshops? Because either way, smashing job.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mogadishu posted:

In this town we call home...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Found this today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4seSCUTQg0&NR=1
Given the date of upload, it's possible this isn't coincidence. Either way it's eerie as gently caress.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Raybeans posted:

I've been lurking this thread for weeks and I want to commend everyone for their detective work. I found an article recently about one of my favorite bands, but something about it bothers me. Here's the article, unedited, with the pictures included:

Led Zeppelin. The biggest band in the world, or such was their moniker in the mid-to-late 1970s. Setting airplay records with their hit Stairway to Heaven, and breaking concert attendance and grossing records during their American tours of 1975 and 1977, no band could compete with the unstoppable whirlwind force that was Led Zeppelin. They created the modern day image of a rock star – a cocaine thin musician with long, scraggly hair, forcing groupies to bath with octopi, embodying the essence of raw sexuality, financial excess, and supernatural mysticism.

In 1971, Led Zeppelin recorded their untitled fourth album at Headley Grange studios, a poorhouse converted into a studio that guitarist Jimmy Page had always insisted was haunted. The third track from the album was The Battle Of Evermore, the only track in their catalogue to feature a guest singer – in this case, folk singer Sandy Denny. Seven years later, Denny’s life was cut short by what doctors ruled as a brain hemorrhage. A month prior to her death, Denny would often collapse from severe headache and hallucinations, which was attributed to a fall down a flight of stairs she suffered in May of 1978.

This is the only readily available image of Denny with Led Zeppelin. The photographer is unknown.

In 1977, as Led Zeppelin embarked on their tour of the United States, Jimmy Page’s interest in the occult and addiction to heroin were at their peak. His playing was spotty at times, his weight had dropped considerably, and his focus was clearly elsewhere. His delving into the supernatural spirits made him lose sight of the goal of the band, with Zeppelin’s lights manager later remarking that singer Robert Plant would often have to snap Page out of his between-song trances, with Page not remembering how their own tunes went. Page also grew increasingly paranoid, in an infamous incident prior to an interview with Cameron Crowe where he ripped a phone out of the wall because he felt that someone was spying on him. It was as if a force he tapped into was corrupting him.

The tour came to an abrupt end when Robert Plant’s son, Karac, died suddenly on June 24th, 1977.

It became apparent that the band was too big to be defeated. In spite of the aforementioned deaths associated with Zeppelin, the band just could not be taken down. Plant survived a horrific car crash in Greece in 1975, and Page managed to recover from his addiction to heroin despite weighing less than 100 pounds on the 1977 tour.

In 1979, however, the band was starting to become old news. Punk had swept the nation, and its contemporaries regarded Zeppelin as behind the times and out of date. In 1980, the band embarked on a short tour through Germany and its neighboring regions, with a much scaled down magnitude compared to their previous tours. The tour received very little press attention, and the band played much smaller venues than the stadiums they played three years earlier.

Drummer John Bonham died in September and was ruled to have asphyxiated on his own vomit. Bassist John Paul Jones remarked that he seemed to be drinking compulsively that day, as if to forget something.

Many remarked that Page’s interest in the occult was abnormal, but some would later argue it had caused the crash of the Led Zeppelin.

Source Images:

http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~zierke/sandy.denny/images/medium/sandylz.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/steveskinner07/jimmy002_silverdome-april1977.jpg

I personally find it amazing how little editing was needed for these pictures. And apart from the Slenderman insertions, all of the above information is true. Credit my hubby for the article, but the shops are mine.

VERY nice use of original source images, man. I especially like Jimmy's pants, very subtle.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

A lot of these entries have been absolutely top notch. I especially love all the Marblehornets videos- great work on keeping them eery.

I'm in a creative writing course in college right now, and our next story is supposed to be horror. I was wondering if anyone, (particularly Victor Surge if he even still reads this thread), would object to my writing about ol' Slendy. I haven't decided if that's what I want to do- typically I write humor, and I'm also leaning heavily towards doing an Amityville Horror-esque parody that I have fleshed out fairly well in my head- but I am still considering a Slenderman story and I wanted to make sure that it's original creators/contributors would have no reservations against my doing so. If I do choose to write the more serious of the two stories, I'd of course post it here for you all to read/make fun of at your discretion. If this post doesn't get a response from Vic I'll try emailing him if I can score his addy from his profile or something, but thought I'd try here first.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mef989 posted:

Just finished reading through. Amazing job so far to everyone who has helped create Slender Man.

Anyway, this is what I see in the photo (sorry, I'm still getting used to a Mac and am not sure how to outline it)

Not quite.

Right-hand side of the pic.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

rinski posted:

Actually, this Slender Man thread has me all paranoid. See, my grandmother died about a week ago, and since I live closest, it's my job to clean out her place. This was the last time I was going to see the place, so I took some pictures. This is their old piano, which we'd moved into the center of the room.

That shadow made my nearly jump out of my skin, because of this thread. I ran outside to see what the hell it was. I'm pretty sure it was just the ridiculously creepy neighbor, though, because there wasn't anything outside when I got there.

Still, though, it's pretty creepy, right? The shadow looks like it has the tentacles/branching arms and everything.

Well loving done!
:golfclap:

Also echoing genesplicer being an awesome teacher. I won't even use spoiler tags to say it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Genesplicer where were teachers like you when I was in school? Can I pretend to be 13 and sit in on your class sometime?

... I didn't mean that as creepy as that came out. :pedo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ninjasaurus posted:

Am I alone in not finding slenderman scary at all? I wish I could get scared reading awesome stories like when I was a kid, but nothing seems to do it for me anymore.

SCARED by him? No, I've walked through many a dark, wooded area since this thread cropped up and I've been perfectly fine.
I still find him AWESOME though. There is a careful distinction to be made there.