Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

I don't have much to contribute, but let's see if I can't scare the crap out of people on twitter, going to start using #slenderman and see where it leads.

*edit* I hope people don't mind, but I'm going to be using some of the photos in the thread. Also, i'm a bit of a photographer. If anybody needs source images just let me know

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

I don't have photoshop skills on par with this thread, but I do have some images that somebody with a better eye might find slenderman in

<--looking for his next victim perhaps?

I'll keep looking, if you need bigger ones let me know

*edit* don't forget #slenderman on twitter

I found some more

Click here for the full 512x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Click here for the full 512x768 image.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 19, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

archwhore posted:

I would love higher res versions if you have them.

I'll dig em up and send them to you, how big are we talking? Like full resolution (10 megapixels) or half that?

*edit* I can't seem to find the large versions of the Panoramics which I am rather irked about. I'll send you (and anybody else) higher res shots of the other ones
*edit 2* Found them, I'll size them down a bit and send them off to you

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 19, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

archwhore posted:

I'd love full resolution. Thanks so much! :v:

edit: whatever you have I'll take.

Full resolution it is!

The panos i'll size down a bit, those things are HUGE

Anybody else who wants some source images, just let me know

*link removed* if you still need some source images, i'll post it back up

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 19, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Phil Collins Vagina posted:

That's great, I didn't see it until I stopped looking...and it's my own photo! How did slenderman get in there!? :ohdear:

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/81963/sm.zip <---source photos if people want them

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 20, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Doktor Per posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of prefer the pictures where I can see what the hell the picture is supposed to be of, instead of a big black space :v:

the eyes...the dead eyes. You'll be seeing those in your sleep tonight, staring at you from some impossible angle...waiting.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

ce gars posted:

Here's what I was talking about earlier. Plenty of tapes to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn59FJ4HrmU

we have a twitter hit, not sure if it is one of you goons..but the word is getting out

"That #slenderman poo poo is scary as gently caress. Subscribed that youtube channel. ARG or viral marketing?"

Also, great loving video

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

ONITABAS posted:

Pheeeewy! Look at that baby right there! Me and my Buds (i mean bud lights lol) went out on the lake this morning and I snagged myself this here beauty. Weighs at least 15 pounds. I'm gonna keep this and put it on my wall.

GIT 'R' DONE!

Drop the fish and run...just run
Don't look behind you
Just run

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

nopantsjack posted:

My slender man attempt

That's great! And scarily reminiscent of the shadowy figure in my dreams...

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

archwhore posted:

Goddamn good job.

And holy poo poo on the video. I wish my boyfriend was up so it's not just me and the cat in a dark house. I think it's scarier that he was standing in the light. He doesn't even have to hide, he can stand right in front of your house and smugly say "yeah, you're hosed."

Knowing the slenderman...he wouldn't even strike for weeks, months, even years...he is just letting you know that your time is running out and that he is holding the hourglass

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

21stCentury posted:

Did he even kill Alex? Was it mentioned if Alex is still alive?

From what I heard...he committed suicide not long ago...could just be the slender man playing games though

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

TheOneOutside posted:

Not quite as tall as I imagined he'd be, but normally the pictures aren't quite so close, maybe the perspective is distorted...

He can change his shape and size at will...possibly even able to blend in with his surroundings. Nobody knows for sure because nobody has lived long enough to say...

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Rubber Johnny is pretty badass.

Looks like whoever is looking through Alex's tapes set up a twitter account for it. Perhaps we'll see some live-action slender man terror?

http://twitter.com/marblehornets

following, don't forget to use #slenderman ;)

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Bluedeanie posted:

No. FORGET to use #slenderman. You don't know Slender Man by name, or have any idea what he is or why he's bad yet, remember?

gently caress, you're right

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Szmitten posted:

Without sounding like a dick, can we drop all the written word and "Don't say his name... he's coming he's coming he's coming" stuff. It's totally killing the mood. If you want it to become a real urban legend viral thing, let it happen naturally, don't force it. It's cheesy and painful.

I'll be honest, I started doing this on twitter...but now I realize how godawfully retarded it is and will stick to more subtle stuff/providing images for you to look through

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 23, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

I just got this lovely e-mail from one of my twitter followers

"Just letting ya know... you guys might wanna consider getting an admin to delete your thread over at the something awful forum. If you google the names on your wiki photo for the slenderman, it leads straight to those forums. May be a game spoiler. Unless that's intentional. Also, the real wiki page contains your name info...
-Good luck with it! Looking forward to playing along!"

:ohdear:

It appears people are thinking its an ARG...where they found out I have no idea. The slender man must be trying to pull the veil over their eyes. Stopping them from finding the truth.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 23, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

JonoT45 posted:

Also googling leads to a Thread that some spazz made.

I wonder if we can petition to get that thread deleted and the wikipedia article is up for deletion.

As far as the e-mail went, I gave her the warning that the slender man is trying to hide the truth from her and she responded that she would be on the lookout.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Everyone that seriously likes ARGs is going to find the thread and solve it in 30 minutes. (hint: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=622407)

so THAT's where they got my twitter...I haven't really had too many slender man experiences lately though
*edit* As I already told the twitter follower that e-mailed me: this is no ARG, this is us trying to expose the truth behind the mystery of the slender man.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 24, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

My friends,

What have we done? What have we created?

It started off innocently enough, like telling ghost stories around the campfire. You wanted to give people a good scare, but a good laugh at the same time.

But it was something more than that, wasn’t it? It was taking your fears that lived on the edge of your psyche and pushing them out into the world, into the light of day. It was taking them and instead of putting them into words, you put them into pictures. You wanted to take your fear and place it into others so that you wouldn’t be scared anymore. That your deepest fears would be held bare to the world, to be laughed at and in some cases to embed themselves in others.

But then things started to change, Victor Surge posted a picture and a backstory so powerful that it dredged up memories and stories that you forgot even existed. It took the whispered tales that were meant to scare children into behaving, tales you pushed so far back into your mind you almost forgot and it forced them to the surface.

But these tales and fears couldn’t be excised by a simple picture, these tales were powerful. These tales held power; they held the power to create and create they did. The Slender Man began to take form and began to grow in our minds. Suddenly we looked back on past occurrences, began to put together the pieces and we began to remember.

We were scared. We wanted it to stop. We wanted the Slender Man to be nothing more than something we created.

But it didn’t stop. The power that the words and the stories held had finally broken free after being suppressed in the human psyche for so long. They took hold and they began to create reality. We began to see and hear things that we could not explain, the pictures and the videos bringing chills to our spine. We tried to laugh it off, just dismissing it as a fantasy. But it was already too late, the Slender Man had already taken hold.

We have created something we cannot control.

We have created the Slender Man. Brought him out of the shadows and back into the world.

We have created a monster and we cannot put it back in its cage.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 24, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Jetsetlemming posted:

The bit about "removed the audio himself" is a bit odd, didn't you earlier say this was a bag of loose MiniDV tapes, suggesting they were unedited, raw recordings?

It seems the truth seekers over at Unifiction are asking that very question.

"I was just thinking that, maybe the man makes some kind of noise or something? Or, like some paranormal things, messes up electrical equipment?"

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

The interest in SM is growing and with it so does his power. More are wondering and they want answers. They want pictures. They want the truth.

quote:

syke186@ehphotography do you have any pictures of him? and why you and the other two? why not anyone else? do you know of anyone else?

What have we created? It all started so innocently. Just a few stories to scare eachother, maybe a few pictures. Then it grew, we have awakened something. And it is hungry.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 1, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Rambowjo posted:

Farchanter, I'd love some pictures to work with. While Google is usually good for supplying me with photoes, it does feel a bit lame to go through like 30 pages of poo poo, just to find that one picture.

e: pine-trees are like the best for this kind of stuff!

I'll look through my massive amount of photos and i'll see what I can come up with.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Reverend Gnome posted:

Sorry to quote you twice, but I was doing some independent research to see how far this Slenderman thing had gotten outside of SA, and it appears there's a thread growing on the Unfiction forums trying to figure out the Marble Hornets video. They seem to have dug up a couple of blogs and even somebody sending text messages to folks who'll play along.

I guess Victor Surge created something that's well beyond his control. Well beyond any of our control, for that matter. Considering what somebody here said about Tulpas, I'm locking my windows tonight. Y'know; just in case.

It looks like somebody liked the idea of the slender man and decided to make an ARG (or something like that) out of it. Of course, a guest poster had to come in and be all "LOL GUYS SOMETHING AWFUL CREATED THIS".

I am pretty sure most of the UF posters know of this thread and are just having fun with what looks to me to be some sort of ARG.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 9, 2009

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Well, I'm never going into a dark room when I'm home alone again. I only saw the first two panels when I clicked. Needless to say I had to look at the third panel a couple of times before I went "Hey, where's Etha-OH poo poo" :byodood:.

What makes it worse is that's my name :ohdear:

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

It appears whoever was running the ARG decided to just let it die. Mah well, we can still create some cool images/backstories.

Again, if anybody needs source images let me know.