Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
Slender man is really frightening me, genuinely tapping into my primal 'wrongness' sense.

I can't photoshop, which is a shame, as I have lots of pictures ripe for it.
I might write a story and get someone who can photoshop to do something with the images with me, if that's alright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008

TrenchMaul posted:

I'll do it, I have plenty of assets but GIS is really loving me when I try to find find scenes, so if you can send me what you want shopped that would be great.

Email = JoeChelminski AT gmail DOT com

Ok, give me a little while to write some stories out and I'll send them and the pics.

A seperate slender man thread sounds great- I think we'd get more than enough material. It really bothers me, I find myself... worrying at the idea.

(on my way to the gym earlier I jumped like a little girl at the noise of a bird in the bushes)

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
OK, as I can't seem to attach images to anything at the moment (I am clearly useless at simple technology and should be shot) I have put all the shoppable pics into a photobucket account. Do what you will with them- I have written a slender man story that they might work with. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/kytten/Slender%20Man/

TEXT-----------------------
So, it looks like The Slender Man phenomenon is more widespread than we though. It's amazing what you can find on the web- these were leaked. Not going to tell you WHERE I found them though. Seems Slender Man has been sighted in England, at any rate, if these reports and photos are to be believed.

Emergency call transcript, Jul 20th 2003

Operator: Hello Caller, what is your location?
Caller: Help... Please help...
Op: What is your location, please caller?
Caller: [inaudible] know! we're in some old house...
OP: Where is the house located?
Caller: Somewhere on [inaudible]. Somethings here.
OP: What is the emergency?
Caller: Somethings here! Something bad. It's hurt my boyfriend, it just [iaudible]
OP: You and your boyfriend have been attacked?
Caller: Yes! Please send help. Anything!
OP: Sending officers to your location now. Please stay on the line, caller.
Caller: I can't! It'll hear me! Oh, god... [Inaudible.]
OP: Caller?
Caller: [Heavy breathing]
OP: Caller, officers will be there soon, please remain calm
Caller: [Unidentifiable sound]
[Caller disconnect]

According to the reports the emergency service traced the call to a mobile phone just outside city limits. When officers and paramedics arrived on scene they found an abandoned building, with no-one around. The door was wide open, broken into. On checking the interior they found nothing- except a camera.

When the pictures were published, they found these. Creepy, huh?

Oh, but it doesn't end there. Canvassing the few houses out there garnered reports that the place was 'haunted' they'd seen strange things around there, wouldn't let their kids play there, standard stuff like that. Some kid had died several years ago, pretty nasty. On a whim, I wanted to see if I could track down the statements from that time- I found one, from the brother. Pretty interesting reading... I've excerpted the best bits, got rid of all the distraction. The kid seems pretty upset when you read through it- understandable, really.

Extracts of witness statement, 16 may 1963
... I don't know why we went to the house. Just seemed like a fun thing to do. I don't know why the old owners left. It's been empty for a long long time. We got there at about ten I think and we went to look around. James did some silly stuff. Like throw a brick at a window. He's always trying to get me in trouble....[six sentences cut] it took us ages to break into the house but when we got in it was strange, really odd. All the old stuff there, all the old stuff from the old family. Even plates on the table, everything. It was really dusty, nothing has been in for long time... upstairs there was loads of writing on the wall it didn't make any sense. Pictures of a man. A tall man with long arms. The writing was scary. I didn't like it....[paragraph cut] when we went into a bedroom my brother said it was a girls bedroom. he got on the bad and started making moaning noises. My brother's thirteen. He was laughing, I told him he shouldn't. Because the girl might be watching...[two sentence cut] I don't know why I thought someone might be watching but it felt like it was. I really wanted to get out of the bedroom. The window was open and it was really cold...[paragraph cut] I looked out of the window. I saw someone. Someone really tall and plae, wearing black. He was really thin. I thought he might be the house owner and I was scared. I shouted at my brother. My brother came to the window. He got all pale and started looking funny. The tall pale man was coming closer. My brother told me to get out of the room and hide. I hid for ages and I heard steps on the stairs and then I didn't hear anything any more. I waited for hours but when I got out of the cupboard my brother was gone. I've seen the thin man twice since outside my house. I'm scared...

Oddly enough, on the 26th of the month Simon Doyle, brother of James Doyle was reported missing. Three months later two bodies were found at an abandoned train station badly mutilated. They were tentatively identified as Simon and James.

As for what happened to the family that owned the house before? I think we can guess. The words we know for sure were painted on the wall read as follows:
He is coming, the slender man is coming
He knows.
He knows where you sleep and where you live
Only he knows what he wants
He watches
He wants

Who knows what else has happened? Where else he's been? By the way the investigation has officially been taken off the hands of [REDACTED] police and handed off to a more 'experienced' squad, apparently. What are they keeping from us this time? Just what is going on?

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
I'm starting to think we may have accidentally created The Slender Man. The sheer amount of effort and fear going into this...

I dreamed of him last night. He turned up in a dream I was having where I was in an abandoned department store still full of clothes (that I loved, by the way and was stealing) and when I tried to get out he was just there, watching, watching. I was frozen with fear, knew I was dreaming but couldn't wake up, and he kept watching.

Thanks.

My friend told me about a Nigerian folk tale with elements similar to the Slender Man, I'll have to get him to send it to me.

geekchic
Dec 1, 2008
Last night was the first night I didn't dream of It for a week.
And only because I got myself in a state where I couldn't dream.

As to the thought-form idea- yes, that frightened me a bit, but I think if we keep saying 'It's not real I don't believe' and try and fill our mind with something else when It visits we'll be alright. Right?

I haven't heard from my friend since I asked him to track down the Nigerian stories. He's not answering his phone.