Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
all of this slender man stuff is awesome

I'd love to include him as a creature in an RPG, it would make a great mysterious creepy villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wingless posted:

Only if it's one of those atypical RPGs where everyone dies.

Defeating the Slenderman, making him known...that doesn't sit right.

I'm thinking Call of Cthulhu type of deal...but not so end of the world-ish.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 3, 2009

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nuggan posted:

I just reread this thread, and its just as creepy after multiple readings. I love those videos, they are amazingly well done. I really like the idea of turning this into a roleplaying game. Anyone interested in playing online, play by post? No previous roleplaying experience required! I will be using the Call of Cthulhu D20 system. I promise a really creepy game. I use the website https://rpol.net to run online games. The direct link to the game is here:

Legend of Slender Man

If you wish to play you have to make an account on that website, it is free, then follow that link to the game. Read the welcome post, and then follow the instructions on how to join the game. I'll be accepting 4 players at one time, though people die/go crazy, and when that happens other people will get a chance to play. Those that want to just read the game and follow the story are also welcome.

signed up and sent you a character concept! this is gonna be awesome.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Here's Entry 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXKZlwoPfBU

Holy poo poo.

dude, if you edited all of this together (with whatever amazing future entries you're cooking up) into a mockumentary.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 3, 2009

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kinn posted:

The more real he becomes, the more you think about him...

until one night, you find a small piece of a loved one on your window sill...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Millard Fillmore posted:

But the road is fogged over and your headlights just can't quite cut through it...

and the talk radio that you play just to hear another person's voice has started to spit and squeal...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Millard Fillmore posted:

and the audio begins to cut out and distort as the fog becomes ever thicker...

as you creep along in the intense fog, the static on the radio crackles just enough that you may have just heard a single word, sooon...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I don't know what's real anymore.

I've read this thread, getting chuckles from the pics and stories, loving the youtube clips.

until last night;
I'm naturally kind of an insomniac, especially when it's hot outside. (too hot to sleep) I was up late last night, listening to music, and reading the forums.

my crappy computer speakers started distorting, I checked itunes to make sure it hadn't just switched to some ambient music track or something. then the squealing started. I might be going crazy but I thought i heard a voice in the squealing. it just kept repeating "soon...very soon." and then it clicked.

I was hearing the same kind of distortion that some of the marble hornets videos had. I turned off my speakers as soon as I realized.

at this point I was freaking the gently caress out. I ran around my house closing windows and locking them, the last window was the one right by my computer. on the second floor.

it had a curtain covering it, I pulled that aside so I could close and lock that window. IT WAS STARING ME RIGHT IN THE loving FACE! I froze completely, I couldn't make a sound, tears were streaming down my face. I stood there and shook while that thing just silently stared.

then it set something on the window sill, and said one word to me. it was so quiet, like someone exhaling a breath. but I think it said "a gift".

I looked down, and there was my cat's head, sitting on the window sill, staring at me. I looked back up, it was gone.

I shut and locked that window, and sat in the exact middle of the biggest room in my house, as far from any wall, window, or door as I could get.

I stayed that way, crying and praying until the sun rose.

at this point I've been up almost 30 hours, I'm so scared. my cat's head is still on the window sill. I'm not opening the window to get it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Grimfate posted:

Slender man is great, I like him so much started a model of him. I'll make sure to add more limbs and a proper tie later on.

I think it's a great start, but you'll probably want to go back through the thread and use more of the pictures as reference material.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rambowjo posted:

I think it's really impressive that some of the Marble Hornet videos have gotten over 24000 views. I've been thinking of hanging up a little notice thingy myself at my place of education, though I don't want it to come off as paranoid/hysteria creating/occult. I guess a small piece of paper that says "Google Marble Hornets" is enough?

or just have it say "youtube: Marble Hornets"

heck you might get some interest if it was just handwritten in big black letters on a piece of paper and pinned up somewhere.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Breakfast Machine posted:

Golden Oregon.

I've been to golden, that place is genuinely creepy. however if you are close to portland at all, I recommend getting down into the shanghai tunnels.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
just wanted to let people know that there is a paranormal art book being made in CC if anyone from this thread wants to submit, there are 10 days left.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3178709

I think the book could use some Slenderman love.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
this is a slenderman story that I got from an offsite friend. he wanted me to share it.

poo poo. . . poo poo. . okay, okay. Alright. Okay. Hi. My name is Stanley. Stanley Ercavich. poo poo. Umm. I'm writing this because it might be the last think I ever write. Or say. Whatever. Okay, so, . . .gently caress, this is so drat stupid. . .people are gonna' find this and think i'm crazy and i committed suicide. . ., okay, so, there's something downstairs. I'm upstairs. Yeah. I'm in my daughters room. I barricaded the door, I guess. Everything not nailed down is holding him back. I guess it's a him.

Okay, so, if this really is the last think I ever say, I want you to know everything. No loving way am I going to disappear and never be heard from again. And fucker, if you've killed me and are reading this, about to destory this letter, gently caress YOU.

Right, so, I live on a farm. Of course you knew this; you had to come get the loving letter. . . maybe this'll get published one day, like Anny Franklin. . ., anyway, I live on a farm. And lately, scary poo poo has been happening. poo poo. One sec. Okay, back. Okay, so, I wake up. . . 8 nights ago, I think it was. Today is Wednsday? Yeah. Yeah.

So, I wake up to Anna, my little Annibelle, crying, just bawing her little eyes out. I'm the man, so i gotta comfort her, yeah? So i do, and ask her what's wrong. She starts talking about him, the fucker. I didn't know what the gently caress, you know? Kids have nightmares, it happens. She says he talked to her. Said. . .hosed up poo poo, is
what he said. Said she was going to join him. And the others. She said it. . . wanted her. . . fleshy bits. Honest to God she said that. Eyes and heart and poo poo. Dear god. She told me, my little girl, told me he was going to end them.

But then she started going on about how it wasn't an end, but a beginning. . .gently caress it, right? It was around 1 a.m., I had to be up 4 hours. So I tell her it was a dream, yeah? And to go back to sleep. She was so loving terrified. So i let her sleep in my room. Wife was okay with it, the sweetheart.

The dog was barking during all of this. Did i mention that? Let me see. . . no. gently caress, whatever. Okay, so, the dog was barking. But, the thing is, is that when me and my little girl got back to my bed, and we got are snuggly and stuff, it stopped barking. But, and God strike me If i'm lying, it stopped. . . gradually. You know what i mean? It's barks got slower and slower. Not like it was tired, but like, when you slow down a record player or something. And then he just stopped. The next morning, or any other morning since, we never found our dog.

We get up, look for the dog, o'course, and don't find it, o'course. gently caress, right? So I try to get to work. You see that? The key word, or whatever? It's try. I couldn't drat-well work, because all of my equipment and tools were gone. Now, i don't just mean my goddamn hand-held tools and whatnot, I mean all of my equipment, meaning my motherfucking tractors and pullies and trailers. Bull-loving-poo poo, right? No. gently caress that, I did NOT hear them start up last night. What, did that thing just pick them up and carry them off? loving probably.

So, my dog is missing, and someone stole my poo poo, so i call the police, ya know? I do, and they come over, and, talk and poo poo. Said they didn't have any reports of other theft, so there was no leads or whatever. I told them about my dog, and they figure it's a bunch of vandals or thugs or whatever. So, one of the cops is ordered to stay overnight outside our house in a squad car. He's there about 3 days. The last day was. . .i think 4 days ago? Anyway, on the fourth day, poo poo hits the fan. It's dark,
around 10, and we hear the siren go off. And then it stops. And a bunch of sound. Noise.

It was metal; I'm around it all day, i know what it sounds like. We look outside, and the car is loving wrecked. Torn to shreds. No cop. You'd think there'd be blood and gore and poo poo all around, right? Nothing. Just a car that had a can opener to it.

So, we're loving scared out of our asses. We try to call the cops, but, guess what, the phones dead. Yep. gently caress me, right? Well, enough of this bullshit, i say, so i get my rifle.. Mothefucker won't mess with this, right? And i yell that, too. You better believe it, i say, "Hey, goddamnit, I have a rifle that could punch a hole through the cop car you hosed up, so try me assholes!". And you better believe i got a response. I think it was a response. It was a scream. Or something. A cry, maybe? I dunno. What i do know is that it was loving terrifiying.

So, a day goes by, right? This was 3 days ago. My wife thinks, someone needs to get in the truck and get help, right? Well, I'm the man, so i should, right? But she says no, i have to guard the house and my daughter with the gun. And poo poo, she is right. She says she'll be safe in the truck. I don't say it, but i thought, it sure didn't help the cop. So, she's gone. Still gone. I hope to God Almighty she got help. gently caress. gently caress. Honey, if you are reading this, and I'm gone, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about Annebelle.

I'm so sorry. I'll love you forever.

Okay. . ., right, one sec. Yeah. Okay, back. Okay, so, me and my little girl are in the house for 2 days. And everything fine. My daughter had a nightmare both nights, so, i guess it's not totally fine. She said the thing's name was the Slender Man. I don't loving know, i thought it was just a dream, caused by the punks outside messing this us, right? gently caress. She told me more things it said to her. Like how it wanted her to join him. And the others. And how they would be happy. And if she didn't join, things we're going to get worse. Oh god. Oh dear god, they got worse.

Okay, so, this was yesterday. My daughter, my beautiful baby girl, actually loving listens to it, the dreams, whatever. She goes outside to be with it. I just went to the bathroom, you know? It wasn't my fault this happened. I come out, and the front door is unbolted and open, and Anna is gone. I go outside, and see them. Oh god, Terresa, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry. It had her. It had our little girl. It was some. . . thing. I know, that isn't helpful, but gently caress you, you won't believe me. It like a man. Except, see, he was tall. gently caress him and his name, but yeah, he was slender. Really tall, really long arms and legs.

And the arms. He had more than two. gently caress, he was like some kind of octupus, just whiggling like worms. The bastard had no eyes. Just white pits. Did i mention it had the nerve to wear a loving suit? Yeah, I don't know. I don't know anything anymore. I just want my little girl back. I'm so sorry Terresa. It was holding her. She was gone, you know? Her chest. . . her stomache.

. . Oh god, i saw her ribs! I saw my daughter's bare ribs!

I didn't have my rifle with me. I couldn't move. I don't think i was breathing. I was just staring at him as it removed my daughter's heart. Oh god. I saw it, didn't I?

Yeah, gently caress me i did. poo poo, that reminds me, the rifle is still downstairs. It looked at me, you know. I saw into his eyes. gently caress, i was never a book-kinda guy, but i browse the internets, i read. And one thing stuck with me, and god help me, i saw it. I looked into the eyes of infinity. There were no pits to those eyes. God almighty.

It reached for me. It reached for me with, like, 3 arms. It still contiuned to violate my little girl. I'm so sorry, Terresa. I ran. i ran away. it wasn't my fault. I was so cared, terresa. I ran, and hid up here. gently caress. Okay, Okay. Okay, so , that was last night. I've been in here all day. I can't get on the computer, the internet is down, i guess because the phone is down? I'm so scared. Terresa, please come home soon. With help. Okay, i'm gonna take a little break from writing. Maybe cry some. It's okay for a man to cry. I bet that devil ourside couldn't cry.

Okay. Right. Yeah. I'm back, obviously. It's been talking to me. I think. Maybe I'm going crazy. After what i saw, who wouldn't? But i think it's real. Like what my daughter heard.

Okay, so, it said it was waiting. Waiting for me. For my wife too. I can't let him have her, right? No. gently caress no. So, it said my daughter was lonely without me. I miss her. God, i miss her. I want her back. The monster said he could bring me to her. It's a lier. It's a deciever. It wants my eyes and liver or whatever. gently caress, i wish ihad my gun.

poo poo MOTHER gently caress. DAMNIT. I'm so scared. So scared. I don't want to die. . .you wanna know what i heard? I heard laughter, God damnit. My loving kid.

My little girl was laughing. Giggling, like little girl's do. And i heard him again. He said he wanted me to join them. I'm so scared. I don't want to die.

I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in three days. My daughters has a seperate bathroom, so im good on water. She had some snacks in her backpack, from school, i guess.

I'm rationing them. He says i don't have to be hungry when im with him. He says my daughter is happy. I wish i was happy.

Terresa? I think you can hear me. Your your reading this, right? I hope so. I love you, you know? You know i do.

She came back, everyone! My wife, she's here! I heard her, outside! Terresa says the police are hear, and that everyone is happy, and that I'll never be sad again! I'm
gonna show this letter to her and we'll laugh. I can't wait to see my daughter again!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

OddOne posted:

Your friend needs to get an account and post more of those - that was absolutely marvelous (and marvelously creepy). It's like you could feel the protagonist's descent into the madness that orbits Our Tall Friend.

they're reading the thread so...thanks.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bluedeanie posted:

A lot of these entries have been absolutely top notch. I especially love all the Marblehornets videos- great work on keeping them eery.

I'm in a creative writing course in college right now, and our next story is supposed to be horror. I was wondering if anyone, (particularly Victor Surge if he even still reads this thread), would object to my writing about ol' Slendy. I haven't decided if that's what I want to do- typically I write humor, and I'm also leaning heavily towards doing an Amityville Horror-esque parody that I have fleshed out fairly well in my head- but I am still considering a Slenderman story and I wanted to make sure that it's original creators/contributors would have no reservations against my doing so. If I do choose to write the more serious of the two stories, I'd of course post it here for you all to read/make fun of at your discretion. If this post doesn't get a response from Vic I'll try emailing him if I can score his addy from his profile or something, but thought I'd try here first.

I think at this point Slenderman belongs to all of us.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

genesplicer posted:

"The Slender Man always looks different. Is it Slender Man, or Slender Men? Maybe that's what happens to the kids he kidnaps, he turns them into more of himself, to go and collect others..."

out of the mouths of children...comes unimaginable horror.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
it is well done technically, but Munki hit it on the nose, the concept is a little off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Argon-40 posted:

I don't get what's so creepy here. It's a neat visual effect.

if the marblehornets guys know how this was done, this is how slenderman needs to walk. very cool effect.