Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morocco posted:

i'm glad sep is posting this stuff so i dont have to
np

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
if only sep could read other forums 100% of the time

207-563-5532

I gotta say, I am more than a little tempted to jump on the "free goon labor" bandwagon. I've got no technical experience in anything, and have never been to Hawaii, and also I grew up in the midwest and have never actually encountered jungle before. But I'm enthusiastic! Really, if you did organize some kind of event, you could probably recruit a fair number of people willing to do a lot of old fashioned brute manual labor for food and a place to stay.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

207-563-5532 posted:

if only sep could read other forums 100% of the time
nobody really "reads" fyad so its pretty much like 100% reading of other forums and 100% posting in fyad

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

those people are all going to die

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

just like lost but everyone is hurley

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!
Slabs

Alrighty, based upon the strong desire of some people to come help and the fact that I need it, I'm going to offer the following:

A. The first two people who are willing to come help will be paid $500.00 per month at the rate of $125.00 per week.

B. Food or a food stipend will be provided.

C. I will provide a place to stay, but it may not be all that nice. I do guarantee you won't get rained on and you'll be protected from mosquitoes. Beyond that, I'm not sure yet. It will not be a little tent on the land though, don't worry.

D. YOU must pay your airfare. I can pick you up at the airport (Hilo would be preferred, but Kona is acceptable if it's a lot cheaper/easier for you).

E. I will ask you to sign a liability waiver since this is dangerous work.

F. I will ask that you work 5 days a week, for an average of about 6 hours per day. What I mean by that is some days maybe 4 hours, some days 8 hours depending on how we feel and what we're doing. The other two days you're welcome to do whatever you want.

G. I would prefer that you stay for at least 2 weeks, I'm open to max duration.

H. You may or may not have internet access. I'm not sure. I use mobile broadband.

Things to keep in mind:

a. Your romantic thoughts about Hawaii and working in the rainforest are probably wrong.

b. This is HARD work.

c. If you don't like rain, don't come. Because we will work in it otherwise we'll never be working.

d. There are bugs. Lots. They don't bother me, but they may bother you.

e. You will get hurt. Hopefully this is only a branch to the face or some minor cuts. But I promise you, you will get hurt. Probably every day.

f. I will NOT pay anyone in the future. So if you really want to do this but think you'll wait for another time when I pay, you're going to be out of luck. Seize the day.

g. Initial work is going to be exploring the land and cutting trails. We'll also be doing a lot of brainstorming, research, and planning.

If you're still interested after reading all of the above, please email me at david@yogatopia.org or PM me answers to the following:

1. Why do you want to fly to some actively volcanic speck in the middle of the pacific and help some guy you've never met?

2. Do you have any special skills or knowledge that may be beneficial to this project?

3. Any health issues, allergies, or disabilities I should know about?

4. When would you be available to arrive? And how long would you anticipate staying?

5. Do you have rubber boots, rain gear, cold weather gear (it can get cold here at night) and warm tropic gear?

6. Anything you want to add?

I'll accept applications until I choose two people. Thanks

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Slabs posted:

just like lost but everyone is hurley

corsair
Iím a woman and Iím fat.

After you stop gasping in horror, grow the fark up and deal with it. You donít buy my food, my clothes, nor do you fill my car with gas so piss on your self-righteous indignation. I pay for my own health care so stop trying to blame me for your rising insurance premiums. Iím tired of hearing your false platitudes about how I should lose weight for my health. Stop ASSuming I donít eat healthy food and exercise just because Iím fat. While youíre at it, stop ASSuming thin people are always healthy too.

If you donít like the way I look stop whining; do the adult thing and simply look away. Contrary to what youíve been told, I donít have an unspoken obligation to please your eyes. And for your information I bathe at least once a day during the Winter, and twice a day during the Summer so stop curling your nose up. The only thing that stinks around here is your putrid attitude. Screwing your face up like that only makes me look even better because baring your teeth in disgust makes you look like a rabid hairless chihuahua.

No, I donít hate skinny biatches. All true biatches are worthy of respect. Itís superficial skinny coonts I canít stand, right along side superficial fat farks. Just because Iím fat doesnít mean I have to listen to you whine about your eating disorder to prove I am not prejudiced against thin people. I have my own eating habits to keep in check without being burdened by someone elseís deliberate food fark ups. Iím fat, not a professional sympathizer for the self-labeled ďpretty peopleĒ who throw up, starve, snort coke, or do whatever stupid things to stay thin. Iím not anti-thin, Iím anti-enabling people to act stupid without criticism.

Downtown Abey

thanks Meursault Horny for promoting my social brand

Ugh, I would actually be completely gung-ho about doing this if not for my wife and kids. I actually think my wife would be totally for it but we have an 8 year old and a 10 month old baby. We did our honeymoon on Kona and loved it, really never wanted to leave.

life priority goons

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

AYBraham posted:

Iím a woman and Iím fat.

After you stop gasping in horror, grow the fark up and deal with it. You donít buy my food, my clothes, nor do you fill my car with gas so piss on your self-righteous indignation. I pay for my own health care so stop trying to blame me for your rising insurance premiums. Iím tired of hearing your false platitudes about how I should lose weight for my health. Stop ASSuming I donít eat healthy food and exercise just because Iím fat. While youíre at it, stop ASSuming thin people are always healthy too.

If you donít like the way I look stop whining; do the adult thing and simply look away. Contrary to what youíve been told, I donít have an unspoken obligation to please your eyes. And for your information I bathe at least once a day during the Winter, and twice a day during the Summer so stop curling your nose up. The only thing that stinks around here is your putrid attitude. Screwing your face up like that only makes me look even better because baring your teeth in disgust makes you look like a rabid hairless chihuahua.

No, I donít hate skinny biatches. All true biatches are worthy of respect. Itís superficial skinny coonts I canít stand, right along side superficial fat farks. Just because Iím fat doesnít mean I have to listen to you whine about your eating disorder to prove I am not prejudiced against thin people. I have my own eating habits to keep in check without being burdened by someone elseís deliberate food fark ups. Iím fat, not a professional sympathizer for the self-labeled ďpretty peopleĒ who throw up, starve, snort coke, or do whatever stupid things to stay thin. Iím not anti-thin, Iím anti-enabling people to act stupid without criticism.

what an incoherent fat piece of poo poo

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

Just over the hill I came to my first abandoned vehicle. Thereís a LOT of vehicles like this all over the jungles of Hawaii. Maybe one of you can sleep in it when you come to visit?

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
Ugh, these damned kids. I hate being tied down by responsibility, unable to take off to starve in a goon jungle at will.

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

My intent is to build a home and retreat center over the coming years with a focus on permaculture, regeneration, and building all kinds of badass stuff.

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
what a coincidence I'm a badass stuff builder

corsair
I don't know anything about building or plants, but my favourite Street Fighter character is Blanka. Hope you have a use for me.

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

The Goatman posted:

Ugh, these damned kids. I hate being tied down by responsibility, unable to take off to starve in a goon jungle at will.

Pictures of dense undergrowth and inhospitable high grasses? :spooges: Tickets to Ha'waii? My wallet!

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
so how many goons actually went did he get his 2 employees

corsair

corsair posted:

he got 2000 and theyre raiding hilo w/ pointy sticks and renaming hawaii Sexcopter

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

tiem to hack away at all this vegetation in order to restore the natural ecosystem. should i rent a bulldozer?

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

Just bought an empty lot in St. Louis (south), am thinking of turning it into an super-badass arcade where YOU are Player 1....literally. Does anyone know how to put people in a bideo game, if you come live in my empty lot I will give you a tarp and five ($5.00) dollars a month

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
hopefully they will come across some abandoned bathtubs in the jungle or they wont be able to grow anything

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

Built my first Badass Thing... An Olde Style Outhouse :iamafag: I carved the moon in it and everything but I got a lot of splinters and my hand is turning green. Are there any goons w/ first aid experience? I will pay you a food stipend to live in my jungle and give me antibiotics.

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

corsair posted:

there's one loving retard human being that has a million posts in the thread that apparently is flying out there the end of june and he spent 3 posts deciding the names for their chickens (Name one Rammstein ) and has a poorly drawn anime avatar

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

I wonder if any of these "volunteers" have even gone camping

corsair

Boogiedown Blake posted:

there's one loving retard human being that has a million posts in the thread that apparently is flying out there the end of june and he spent 3 posts deciding the names for their chickens (Name one Rammstein ) and has a poorly drawn anime avatar

lmao

corsair
add samadhi jungle to zybournemap.jpg

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

Boogiedown Blake posted:

lmao somebody gave him a book about growing zuchinis or something and was like Good luck in Hawaii. he Literally told people around him that he was going to go and live in an uninhabitable jungle w/ a man from the internet.

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

REAlly interested in living in a yard full of huge weeds for four weeks and never seeing the ocean until I get so depressed that I beg my parents to paypal me enoguh money to fly back to America. But one question: when I get seriously injured almost immediately, and vomit on my own protruding stomach due to the shock and pain, do you have anything valuable that I could fall onto and break? Just want to know in advance how lovely I'll be able to make both of are lifes.

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
one of the funny parts is that

this is the op and thats a hand built chicken coop so its basically going to be a couple fat spergs bumbling around taking orders from these dudes that are physically fit with actual construction skills etc

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

morocco posted:

add samadhi jungle to zybournemap.jpg

Da Kine works the same way.

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

the guy flying in says:
That's awesome! I'm now slightly worried I won't be able to live up to your standards of carpentry- however I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Nova Scotia about the project and he is very interested in coming and much handier than me. He's sending you a message on Facebook (his name is Thomas).

And kiln?! KILN?!?! I'll have you know my highest level of education, pitiful as it may be, is in ceramics. It has been over a year since I've touched any clay though.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

who cares

German Joey

RIP Rory, who died.

i am starting a list of names for cats. here is the first cat name. it is "puddy dumplins" the second name is "scheming me-me" and the thrid name is "grumple wumpkins". the fourth name is "woozy pawsies" i hope you like my list. fourth name: "turnup". a bold new name enters: "smucky". thats teh 7th nam. first "sausage paddy" then its "lumpanoodle". the 8th name is "sandy paws" which is next. a bit of a guest, "wootiebabeh" courtesy of movign shadow. the next name "little munchkin", whos best friends with "grumple wumpkins", but then after that its the name "sneezle", then finally a split: "putzy" and "old man jenkins". if it was "ghargle" now its "stretchy stroodle". further on the list: "fluffer muffle" and his sister "little fluffy muffy". a pair to consider from wiley lylely: one is "tommy katkins", and another is "fuzzy fluffystuff". also the long awaited "sour patches". new: "sally basket" newer: "precious pumpkin" and his brother "pokey pauly." also a distant cousin: "cookie bootie". pumpkin's best friend is "lily lafay" and cookie's is "crusty" but pokey doesnt have any friends besides his brother. all abotu trout knows all about "snuggy bumpkin". i like "shugar raindrop" too. have you ever heard of a cat named "poodle" well now you have. my friend "uncle wrinkles". Fucktard idiot thinks that "pirate prentice" would be a good name for a cat. next "gooey gumdrop". and "boopsie doodoo". leg sez "mr scruffles", breese sez "TUrkey", and i agree. and i just thought of "sloppy appleasause". grover sugested "tremendous dickhead!" but awkpwas likes "moopsy doodle." "windy sprite" is pretty good but "tickley tum-tum" might be the best one yet. "serious norman" may be a rather noble foe but "squirmy wormy" is "snot". "looky", "lucky", "lackey", and "licky" are triplets and also all best friends at the same time. meat the funny feelers, who feel funny: "funnyfeely" and "funnyfeeleroo". next up is your favourite, number 38, "the little pickle theif". booof likes "stack pluckins" and wolf puppy humbly suggest "mewbert" but i think hes maybe a spy so if it turns out he is just ignore this itme on the cat list. twisty appreciates "Leopold Twinkleberry"... so there. for fans of "The Wire", there's now "Bunny Cuddlin'". micy likes "moldy cups" and so do i. introducing: "crandall" from beowolf lagrange; good. from chobes, "mr rubbybelly"; good. "sootikin" is considered by some to be a rather nice name for a cat. if youd like, a cats name maybe will be Yoshy moma . What do I think of "pippin purr" as a name for a cat? "Great". I think if acaring girl had a cat she might just shorten it to "pippy," though. pupple i think another good name for a cat would be "Purple." another a good name for a cat is "wikipe-tama" [tama is a common name for a cat in japan - lyle] "Caboodle" and "Chutney" sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g... Mean Mr. Mustard, who was reall y mean but now hes really nice b/c he gets lots of hugs and kises from his mommy. morroc sez that "tractor" would be a pretty good name for a pretty good cat. i like "roger." skylark just named his new cat "Skiddle Girl". my good friend Lenin named his cat and dog ŌūŤˇÚŚŽŁ and ÕÓŮÍÓ‚ - Russian for Socks and Buddy, respectively. meow-meow is a pretty interesting name, it hink if you're interested. MrPissyMitts. Puddin' Pop. jenny has "Frilly Frocks"

1- This goonteer is especially excited because her adventure starts on the 14th (although I'm not out in Hawaii until the 29th). Unfortunately, due to the size (or lack there of) of my suitcase, I may have to buy some equipment or extra footwear in the second hand shops of Hilo. I can't take a bigger case because I just don't have the strength to lug it up and down the steps of the Tokyo transit system. The other option is to ship some of it out to you now and ship it back before I leave, which I am more than happy to do (e.g if you get some leopard print wellies in the post, they are mine so try to resist wearing them).

2- Thank crap. I don't want nightmares about things nibbling my toes.

3- Can you leave out the brain? I've heard nothing but bad things about feeding brains to animals (grew up with the BSE scare). Just chuck the heads in a big ol' pile beneath the WELCOME sign.

graey alien
i hope theyre just luring this loving anime nerd in to dump him in the jungle and hunt him... goon is hte most dangerous game.

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

graey alien posted:

1- This goonteer is especially excited because her adventure starts on the 14th (although I'm not out in Hawaii until the 29th). Unfortunately, due to the size (or lack there of) of my suitcase, I may have to buy some equipment or extra footwear in the second hand shops of Hilo. I can't take a bigger case because I just don't have the strength to lug it up and down the steps of the Tokyo transit system. The other option is to ship some of it out to you now and ship it back before I leave, which I am more than happy to do (e.g if you get some leopard print wellies in the post, they are mine so try to resist wearing them).

3- Can you leave out the brain? I've heard nothing but bad things about feeding brains to animals (grew up with the BSE scare). Just chuck the heads in a big ol' pile beneath the WELCOME sign.

haha i was just about to post that i didnt realize that person was a girl holy poo poo

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Boogiedown Blake posted:

haha i was just about to post that i didnt realize that person was a girl holy poo poo

i saw that picture and didnt realise it was a girl until this post

Triticum Guzzler

I Have Sigs Off

by Fistgrrl

Stinky FuckFace

----------------

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot

graey alien posted:

loving lol

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN