Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
there are 120,000 registered accounts on these forums yet goons still think that paying 10 dollars makes them a part of a unique club and that there's a sense of community and loyalty and all goons are smart, funny, well adjusted, and it would be a grand idea to get goons together to form a big goon community, it would be a literal utopia with no fuckshittery or vapidness in sight

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot

corsair posted:

ok and how many goons are there now
If you fed and housed me, I would come and work for you for 6 months. I love what you're doing and my mind is already blazing with ideas. Solar heaters, jellyfish windmills, irrigation projects, integrating the housing structures with trees, etc. I can't wait to see what you will do with this man, and also, I am extremely jealous that you have the opportunity to build this stuff.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Chiming in with I'd do cheap labor for food money and place to live/camp and possibly party with goons on my off time.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Socratic Moron, I hope you're noticing a pattern here. If you got mod approval to post a thread in GBS, you could probably get all of the free manual labor you'd ever need. "Revenge of the Goons II: Goons in Paradise"

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

I can make some of the tools here I suppose. Plus some spear tips for boar hunting. That's definitely something I want to do while I'm out there if that's ok with you (and legal and everything).

yeah lets hunt wild boar with a spear, i'd love to be left to die in a hawaiian thicket after being gutted

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

fyad come weed my rock wall it's a fyad goon project will feed you hot dogs

I'm in good health (could be fitter) and don't have any allergies or dietary requirements and as far as I know don't have anything planned for the rest of my life and would be very very happy to just live off the land in Hawaii.

not very fit and im a low maintenance guy but it would be sweet to mooch off of you for my whole life if you dont mind

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Never underestimate 3-6 humans with pointy sticks. (Though I hope there's at least someone out there who's done this before)

Can we use wood from the forest as cooking fuel or are you against that?

I think I'll have time around november or so to come out. I'll start saving for the trip.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

morocco posted:

i'm glad sep is posting this stuff so i dont have to
np

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

I gotta say, I am more than a little tempted to jump on the "free goon labor" bandwagon. I've got no technical experience in anything, and have never been to Hawaii, and also I grew up in the midwest and have never actually encountered jungle before. But I'm enthusiastic! Really, if you did organize some kind of event, you could probably recruit a fair number of people willing to do a lot of old fashioned brute manual labor for food and a place to stay.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

207-563-5532 posted:

if only sep could read other forums 100% of the time
nobody really "reads" fyad so its pretty much like 100% reading of other forums and 100% posting in fyad

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Alrighty, based upon the strong desire of some people to come help and the fact that I need it, I'm going to offer the following:

A. The first two people who are willing to come help will be paid $500.00 per month at the rate of $125.00 per week.

B. Food or a food stipend will be provided.

C. I will provide a place to stay, but it may not be all that nice. I do guarantee you won't get rained on and you'll be protected from mosquitoes. Beyond that, I'm not sure yet. It will not be a little tent on the land though, don't worry.

D. YOU must pay your airfare. I can pick you up at the airport (Hilo would be preferred, but Kona is acceptable if it's a lot cheaper/easier for you).

E. I will ask you to sign a liability waiver since this is dangerous work.

F. I will ask that you work 5 days a week, for an average of about 6 hours per day. What I mean by that is some days maybe 4 hours, some days 8 hours depending on how we feel and what we're doing. The other two days you're welcome to do whatever you want.

G. I would prefer that you stay for at least 2 weeks, I'm open to max duration.

H. You may or may not have internet access. I'm not sure. I use mobile broadband.

Things to keep in mind:

a. Your romantic thoughts about Hawaii and working in the rainforest are probably wrong.

b. This is HARD work.

c. If you don't like rain, don't come. Because we will work in it otherwise we'll never be working.

d. There are bugs. Lots. They don't bother me, but they may bother you.

e. You will get hurt. Hopefully this is only a branch to the face or some minor cuts. But I promise you, you will get hurt. Probably every day.

f. I will NOT pay anyone in the future. So if you really want to do this but think you'll wait for another time when I pay, you're going to be out of luck. Seize the day.

g. Initial work is going to be exploring the land and cutting trails. We'll also be doing a lot of brainstorming, research, and planning.

If you're still interested after reading all of the above, please email me at david@yogatopia.org or PM me answers to the following:

1. Why do you want to fly to some actively volcanic speck in the middle of the pacific and help some guy you've never met?

2. Do you have any special skills or knowledge that may be beneficial to this project?

3. Any health issues, allergies, or disabilities I should know about?

4. When would you be available to arrive? And how long would you anticipate staying?

5. Do you have rubber boots, rain gear, cold weather gear (it can get cold here at night) and warm tropic gear?

6. Anything you want to add?

I'll accept applications until I choose two people. Thanks

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Ugh, I would actually be completely gung-ho about doing this if not for my wife and kids. I actually think my wife would be totally for it but we have an 8 year old and a 10 month old baby. We did our honeymoon on Kona and loved it, really never wanted to leave.

life priority goons

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

so how many goons actually went did he get his 2 employees
there's one loving retard human being that has a million posts in the thread that apparently is flying out there the end of june and he spent 3 posts deciding the names for their chickens (Name one Rammstein ) and has a poorly drawn anime avatar

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

one of the funny parts is that

this is the op and thats a hand built chicken coop so its basically going to be a couple fat spergs bumbling around taking orders from these dudes that are physically fit with actual construction skills etc

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

the guy flying in says:
That's awesome! I'm now slightly worried I won't be able to live up to your standards of carpentry- however I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Nova Scotia about the project and he is very interested in coming and much handier than me. He's sending you a message on Facebook (his name is Thomas).

And kiln?! KILN?!?! I'll have you know my highest level of education, pitiful as it may be, is in ceramics. It has been over a year since I've touched any clay though.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

graey alien posted:

1- This goonteer is especially excited because her adventure starts on the 14th (although I'm not out in Hawaii until the 29th). Unfortunately, due to the size (or lack there of) of my suitcase, I may have to buy some equipment or extra footwear in the second hand shops of Hilo. I can't take a bigger case because I just don't have the strength to lug it up and down the steps of the Tokyo transit system. The other option is to ship some of it out to you now and ship it back before I leave, which I am more than happy to do (e.g if you get some leopard print wellies in the post, they are mine so try to resist wearing them).

2- Thank crap. I don't want nightmares about things nibbling my toes.

3- Can you leave out the brain? I've heard nothing but bad things about feeding brains to animals (grew up with the BSE scare). Just chuck the heads in a big ol' pile beneath the WELCOME sign.

haha i was just about to post that i didnt realize that person was a girl holy poo poo

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

that dumbfuck girl is just going to follow those two wifebeatered dudes around making goony jokes and complaining about poo poo

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

holy poo poo that thread is gonna be so awesome when her flight date rolls around

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

morocco posted:

his helper will spend the entire first day carving a walking stick
lol

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

*muscled goon with a cowboy hat swings himself up into the cab of the raised 4x4* Let's go haul our week's firewood.
*frumpy girl wearing a pea coat in the 110 degree jungle heat steps in a pothole* *breaks ankle*

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

morocco posted:

charliemaul and shivadas both volunteer, happy for havign a chance at feweer bugs in their house
*Shivadas packs entire rainforest into bong* Looks like our work here is already done

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

207-563-5532 posted:

its a 3 foot box but yes
Maaaaannnn... In the box.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

A Gentle Breeze posted:

So how many goons have tickets to go there so far? Fat guy and small tokyo girl?
i think tokyo girl is the only confirmed one, there's a couple fat goons salivating at the idea of going (or just salivating at the pictures of baby chickens)

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Just found this thread today, it's very exciting to see this from the beginning. Is your compliment of goonters full yet? I was planning on taking an 8 week course this summer but Kansas is bringing me down (and the price of the course is about the same as a plane ticket). I've hammered and sawed things in the past, (but don't have any specific knowledge about it), have hiking boots, a limited experience doing out-doorsy things, and a lot of fat the jungle would surly siphon off from me.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

it would be pretty sweet if that guy was bullshitting and just found some random pics and poo poo like that, and he just made a 18 year old girl living in tokyo book a one way plane ticket to a butthole hawaiian island

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

i bet tokyo girl tries to gently caress the op in a tent on the first day

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

the funniest part for me is how delusional they are and how bad their lives must suck to want to do this
i like the fact they think that flying thousands of miles to be thrust into an unrelenting jungle under the care of a total stranger is the only way to experience outdoor activities

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

i know we make up little funny goon situations about goons in the jungle and how they are fat and creepy and love laptops and stuff but in all seriousness they are actually posting in that thread about hoping that the grueling labor in the jungle will shed off the fat they have

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

graey alien posted:

This is my passion project. The subject is a goon from the somethingawful forums.

http://madlilnerd.deviantart.com/ar...beard-119796725

OH god. Where did 2 years go? I'm leaving with 2 A levels, and one of those is in CERAMICS. Eek. I picked an excellent time to be unqualified in economic terms. Looks like it's to the salt mines with me

Worse of all is my complete lack of arty farty. All I want to do atm is eat. No revisey for biology. No sketchy to stop going insane. The occasional bounce on a mini trampoline and a lot of slug killing in the garden constitutes exercise, right? Bleh. This is not good.

I wake up, huck down 2 different vitamin pills, roll out of bed and pretend to revise all day. Great. So healthy for the mind.

I need to get happy. And fast.

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

Boogiedown Blake posted:

OH god. Where did 2 years go? I'm leaving with 2 A levels, and one of those is in CERAMICS. Eek. I picked an excellent time to be unqualified in economic terms. Looks like it's to the salt mines with me

Worse of all is my complete lack of arty farty. All I want to do atm is eat. No revisey for biology. No sketchy to stop going insane. The occasional bounce on a mini trampoline and a lot of slug killing in the garden constitutes exercise, right? Bleh. This is not good.

I wake up, huck down 2 different vitamin pills, roll out of bed and pretend to revise all day. Great. So healthy for the mind.

I need to get happy. And fast.

I overslept so I didn't go to college.

I overslept because I stayed up late playing an mmo.

The thing I am most unhappy about is not understanding one of the instructions on my poncho knitting pattern.

And you know what? I LOVE MY LIFE

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

journal entries of the girl that is going to suffer and die in the jungle

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

I could probably get a goon to be our maid for like 100 a month plus food I bet
plus let him have a whiff of your daughters hair

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

AYBraham posted:

who better to interface with indigenous tribes, who've been isolated from the rest of civilization, than goons
i bet her tits look like a tribeswoman

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

A Gentle Breeze posted:

Yeah I keep imagining two dudes in cowboy hats and a outdoorsy girl all yelling at 3 to 6 really fat goons and I can't stop loling
*huff* dont worry... *puff* in about 8 months i should be down to about 220 of lean muscle.. *wheeze* good thing i printed out the W&W thread about 5x5 starting strength.. *cough* help me do squats with this branch

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

yeah but I have one because I had land that required that sort of tool at my old house you own 2 cause you're a goon
one's a wakizashi retard

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

thsi thread needs to be sticky until around the time her plane leaves and maybe a month or two afterwards to keep up with the photos

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

AYBraham posted:

that dude who was all ripped cutting down jungle wasn't him; it was a tour guide he hired

lmao
*finds a muscled homeless man*
*slaps a jackson in his hand*
*goes loving balls out wild with a machete on some shrubs*

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

corsair posted:

someone find a pic of hawaii goon
i think the cowboy hat guy was him

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

I need to hit the town to see if a local can teach me capoeira.. *walks into downtown Hilo* *Gets knifed by a samoan on meth being chased by Dog the bounty hunter*

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
madlilnerd is a wikihow contributor http://www.wikihow.com/User:Madlilnerd

by Tiny Fistpump

Seriously Fat Homo

----------------