Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogiedown Blake posted:

Socratic Moron, I hope you're noticing a pattern here. If you got mod approval to post a thread in GBS, you could probably get all of the free manual labor you'd ever need. "Revenge of the Goons II: Goons in Paradise"

ha ha i wonder what they consider "food money"

207-563-5532

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
beer and weed are foods right

207-563-5532

Slabs posted:

If I had to choose one reason I moved to Hawaii, I may very well pick the cheap and super delicious mangoes. However, since moving here, I've been battling a horrible rash on my face, hands, and other areas. I would have sworn that it is poison oak (which I have had many times before and am VERY susceptible to) but poison oak and poison ivy are not present here in Hawaii.

It turns out that the skin of mango fruit and the sap of the tree have the same oil as poison oak, "Uroshiol". If you're susceptible to it, mangoes can give you the exact same rash you get from poison oak. And good god has it been kicking my butt.

Therefore, if you know you're sensitive to uroshiol, take care when handling and peeling mangoes. Be sure to wash the fruit thoroughly and wear gloves when handling it. Word is that the skin and sap are the only problem areas but I have yet to test that. I'm going to let me current rash clear up first then i'll test things out and report back.

ahhh im getting a terrible rash but i cant stop cramming mango into my gaping maw

207-563-5532

if only sep could read other forums 100% of the time

207-563-5532

The Goatman posted:

i hope theyre just luring this loving anime nerd in to dump him in the jungle and hunt him... goon is hte most dangerous game.

i think if you tried that the goon would just roll over and expose his vulnerable underbelly

207-563-5532

graey alien posted:

1- This goonteer is especially excited because her adventure starts on the 14th (although I'm not out in Hawaii until the 29th). Unfortunately, due to the size (or lack there of) of my suitcase, I may have to buy some equipment or extra footwear in the second hand shops of Hilo. I can't take a bigger case because I just don't have the strength to lug it up and down the steps of the Tokyo transit system. The other option is to ship some of it out to you now and ship it back before I leave, which I am more than happy to do (e.g if you get some leopard print wellies in the post, they are mine so try to resist wearing them).

2- Thank crap. I don't want nightmares about things nibbling my toes.

3- Can you leave out the brain? I've heard nothing but bad things about feeding brains to animals (grew up with the BSE scare). Just chuck the heads in a big ol' pile beneath the WELCOME sign.

holy lol

207-563-5532

mom doesnt cut my mango this way. what do you mean i have to move 6 tons of wood by nightfall. ugh, i had no idea it would be so buggy.

207-563-5532

im gonna put an addition on my house with the help of a goonteer

207-563-5532

Boogiedown Blake posted:

*muscled goon with a cowboy hat swings himself up into the cab of the raised 4x4* Let's go haul our week's firewood.
*frumpy girl wearing a pea coat in the 110 degree jungle heat steps in a pothole* *breaks ankle*

lmao. i mean im laughing but that is exactly what is going to happen

207-563-5532

Goon Girl Will Live Life With A Hook For A Hand After Crushing Her Digits Trying To Build A Laptop Stand

207-563-5532

you mean i cant actually do forestry with my "godly blast"

207-563-5532

bbchops posted:

i wonder if i can build a greenhouse in less time that she actually lasts in a hawaiian jungle

i need one of those. also a workshop. also an office and a home gym, and lots of other stuff. i need a new house basically

207-563-5532

every single thing about this is funny. shes even in tokyo, goon destination #1

207-563-5532

The Goatman posted:

didnt you buy a really expensive 4 foot box days before hte bubble burst or something

its a 3 foot box but yes

207-563-5532

i coudl bunk some goons in my attic (its finished with woodgrain pattered cardboard and lathe) and they could build my shed

207-563-5532

Boogiedown Blake posted:

Maaaaannnn... In the box.

manchild

207-563-5532

The Goatman posted:

so i think that guy is planning to build a lot of buildings or something??? i realise hawaii is pretty relaxed but dont you need like planning permission or some poo poo

i have to pay thousands of dollars so the city can inspect my curb (for safety)

207-563-5532

graey alien posted:

I read the thread and his vision is a hut to do yoga and planting a garden.

i for one would love to help build this mud hut gooon sire

207-563-5532

i love this, love the whole concept, the funny jokes made about what will invariably be a funnier execution of the plan, the scope of the plan, the person they attracted to do it, everything. thank you hawaaii goon thank you from the bottom of my heart. please be sure to take videos and pics fo the tokyo ceramics student shredding their limbs moving wood

207-563-5532

day 4. spent the rest of our food money on wireless network relay equipment. i have the only wpa-2 secured network in the whole jungle. thank goodness i can take what i need from the land

207-563-5532

A Gentle Breeze posted:

Yeah I keep imagining two dudes in cowboy hats and a outdoorsy girl all yelling at 3 to 6 really fat goons and I can't stop loling

i imagine the 3-6 fat ones spending all day staking sticks into the ground and taking pictures of themselves incorrectly pulling the :iamafag: face infront of their twig wall and posting about how fulfilling it is to do honest work and then the guy who owns the place makes a post about how they had to tear everything down and pay a real carpenter later because it was so shoddy

207-563-5532

Boogiedown Blake posted:

*huff* dont worry... *puff* in about 8 months i should be down to about 220 of lean muscle.. *wheeze* good thing i printed out the W&W thread about 5x5 starting strength.. *cough* help me do squats with this branch

you want me to lift this wood to shoulder level? i dont know, sounds an awful lot like curls to me...bro.

207-563-5532

corsair posted:

I have a machete

i have two, used to keep them by my bed for protection

207-563-5532

corsair posted:

yeah but I have one because I had land that required that sort of tool at my old house you own 2 cause you're a goon

actually i own 2 because i camp a lot

207-563-5532

another way this is funny is to a normal person it would probably be a real character building challenge they would work hard at and treasure the memories of forever. but the goon factor is not only going to cause it to fail, but also cause everyone involved to wish they could forget it

207-563-5532

the goon crucible

207-563-5532

Gloria GBStefan posted:

ugh, a gaijin.

this thread is required reading

207-563-5532

bbxchops you best be typing up a long rear end post about madlilnerd

207-563-5532

this is epic

207-563-5532

i dont think it has sunk in how epic this is

207-563-5532

sweet. goon drama princess in the jungle. if this is how tarzan went hed end up dating an ape instead

207-563-5532

Gloria GBStefan posted:

I won't read it. i refuse to read long as threads. and i won't back down.

no lyle. read. this. thread.

207-563-5532

i give it 3 days before she is shackin up with some native in town

207-563-5532

tunnel for cars posted:

Dear Cody. Thank you for the gift certificate of one week in Hatha Yoga Retreat. It smells like an egg here and lava is flowing beside the bathtub I am sleeping in and every day at four oclock a fat red boy with a mango rash puts down his his nintendo ds to drown a hissing mongoose in a bucket while rapping a captain dan rap about davy jones locker

ahahah but yeah the name is samadhi. like the fyad poster.

207-563-5532

kliksf posted:

I'm hoping it's a kratom plantation

that would own

207-563-5532

GEcafe just posted scans of his plane ticket, its on baby!

207-563-5532

manchildren in the mist

207-563-5532

this is gonna be the best christmas ever

207-563-5532

207-563-5532

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot

LadyAnime posted:

*volcano lets out a earth shattering UNnnnnngggghhhh when girl hits liquid hot mag-ma

pretty sure the oil on her skin adn hair would ignite before they even reached the summit

207-563-5532