Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
read that loving article two posts above. insurance companies actively look through applications and retroactively rescind coverage for people who have life-threatening diseases and need treatment yesterday due to mistakes on the initial app

we're doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Bolek posted:

Are some of you really advocating for a cutoff for the Pentagon budget? Do you realize what that will do to the economy?

you could use the same argument for slavery you big dummy

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
i love the american worship of the economy

"Well, I have here this plan that would give free education and healthcare to every single person living within America's borders, but we'll have to cut the military budget a little bit"

*TIPS TABLE*

"JESUS MAN ARE YOU MAD??? THINK OF THE ECONOMY!"

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
every morning I wake up and hope that today will be the day that we get all the final details of the weak-rear end healthcare reform plan

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Shenadigins posted:

Look i'm not an economist but i'm pretty sure if you looked at the cumulative total of all the people who have to do this and the hours lost and money wasted and the frustration caused and the whole charade it'd be substantial. That's what i mean about simplicity. Does anyone know if this figure get taken into account when people draw up the figures?

i don't have a source but i have read that a lot of medical practices have a person on staff whose sole responsibility is to deal with insurance companies

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
maximum costeffective care coverage available in a privatized capitalist system with great american efficiency

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

an adult beverage posted:

i trust the people profiting from an industry to regulate that industry

As the press liaison for the American Health Insurance Industry Group, I assure you that this is the best course of action. America's Health Insurance Companies are constantly fighting to expand coverage and reduce prices, and it is our belief that government involvement would only impede our efforts and reduce overall quality of care drastically.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
bipartisan effort, i love it

it's like getting punched in the stomach over and over by the kid sitting next to you on the field trip bus to disneyland and then you still let him drag you on all the lovely rides when you get there

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

warwick5s posted:

well i guess here's hoping i can make it to vancouver before i get old and start needing healthcare

i'm trying to move to canada or new zealand by 30

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
:gonk:

:suicide:

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
HOPE CHANGE AND :suicide:

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Commie Eggman posted:

its times like this im glad i have dual citizenship. gonna live in the netherlands B-)

marry me and let me comme w/ you :shobon:

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Gazaville Slugger posted:

if loving only

i love these

he hasn't made a motion towards UHC since he took office

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
haha $120,000 is such a relatively small amount of money to completely sell out single payer

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
seriously it might just be easier and cheaper to sell your house and pay a senator than actually try to pay your medical bills

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
City Name Sports PAC

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
We are strongly opposed to a government-run health care plan in America. We are committed to providing the best possible care for our members at the lowest possible prices, and we believe that any attempts to change this will be detrimental to all Americans. Premiums will rise, treatment options will be greatly reduced, and you'll have a government bureaucrat telling you what care you can and cannot receive. The sun will slowly go dark and what light remains will be blotted out by the plagues of locusts that will roam the sky. Water will turn to dust, grain to sand, and trees to rocks. The notion of love will be a distant memory and demons will roam the landscape, eating the flesh of any human unlucky enough to remain living.

- National Association of Health Insurance Plans Spokeswoman Amy Pullman

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
my dad has a good friend in australia and supposedly he can sponsor me to move there and just eat grapes with kangaroos and get free healthcare all the time

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
did those threads address meeting a french girl who is on holiday in america and marrying her and moving to paris with her and eating croissants and being in love

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

tacodaemon posted:

so now baucus says (conveniently too late) that single-payer would have been a better starting point for negotiations than "public option plus the existing insurance companies from hell" was

gently caress you, max

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/doh-by-digby-new-york-times-published.html

haha this happened like two weeks ago and everyone but congress was yelling it the whole time

gently caress you baucus

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
yeah i love all those cartoons about an unsuspecting Joe American looking scared of the national health care plan he supports 70-30

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Concerned Citizen posted:

what if they have the option of getting the government plan?

this assumes the government plan won't be weak as heck

which it will be, if it comes to be at all

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Hello, I'm you, and I (you) hate socialized medicine. It would kill me... it would kill us. Don't let it happen.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
mods change thread title from "deemed" to "doomed"

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

yaay posted:

As an outsider I'm curious; how pervasive are the media campaigns pushed by the private healthcare industry in america? Does the ridiculous misinformation in stuff like the tv ad linked a few pages back have a discernible effect, or does it just reinforce the convictions of people on either side of the fence?

70% of americans want a public plan

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
hehe just gonna post this relevant poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121307/More-Americans-See-Democratic-Party-Too-Liberal.aspx

URL says it all :D

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
We have learned over the years to wait to seek care - it is expensive to do otherwise and dooms us to the endless loop of bills and collection notices and more damage to our already badly bruised credit rating.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
what's a country with uhc that would take me into its warm embrace

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

max baucus, in hindsight, was probably the absolute worst pick the dems could have made

hmm yes, lets completely overlook the massive campaign contributions he has received from the healthcare industry throughout his political career

this is assuming they give a poo poo in the first place which does not seem to be the case

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

hahahahahaha :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

there is no logical, emotional, or any other kind of reason why one could argue that it is a good thing that we keep private insurers in the business of managing healthcare. they are universally evil and do nothing other than seek to exploit the sick and dying.

you forgot the part where they run multimillion dollar ad campaigns designed to convince you of exactly the opposite

HealthCorp: Warm as your childhood blanket, and as interested in your wellbeing as your mother. Call today.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Willa Rogers posted:

Oh, I've been shamed for a long time... but I never expected those who elected Obama on CHANGE to roll over so easily when every action of his has been a big gently caress-you

eta: although electing someone on the basis of poll-tested hagiography and his smooth moves on the bball court couldn't have led to any less, I s'pose

everyone i know is more or less happy with "our" side being in power. we won w/ hope 'n' change, the good guys are in power once again, and that's all you really need to know about politics.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
obama actually has been writing letters supporting a public plan for months but the postal service forgot to deliver them!!!! oh well y'all. vote democrat in 2012 anyway.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Wealth is what I use to buy cars and television sets... it's not a transferrable asset used to correct societal injustice. Doyee.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
it seriously blows my mind that people don't understand tax brackets

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Evan Montegarde posted:

how on Earth does someone so clearly ignorant of basic facts of the American tax system make so much money

it is a mystery

lmao as if being rich in america has anything to do with intelligence or "hard work"

also, motherfuck arzy

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Arzy posted:

Cliff Asness, a fairly well respected and smart hedge fund manager, weighed in on this whole Health Care Reform issue.

http://www.stumblingontruth.com/main.aspx

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
arzy you are a horrible piece of poo poo and it's made worse by your inability to recognize yourself as such

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
i'm moving to canada

i qualify. let's do it

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Literally every single one of my friends has no problems with the American healthcare system. Not one. At the most recent black tie gala I attended I asked for a show of hands and not a single person--not including the waiters and service staff, naturally--raised their hand in protest against the status quo. We have a great system here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

where

it was a fakepost based on the notion that of course the nation's top republican thinks the system works

it works for him and all of his friends and i'm sure he has handlers to tackle anybody who mentions that the system might not be so great in his presence