Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I just have to point out http://spaceweather.com. I realize that it's satellite tracking, but with the ISS at -4.0 right now and the supply ship coming up behind it at 0.5, I figured it's a good time to be able to go look at something in the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Jekub posted:

Then I worked out that by zapping the light sensor on top of the streetlight with a 5mW green laser I could turn it off, which kept me amused for hours.

I hear putting out lights with a pellet gun (or .22 [or .308, if you're drunk and crazy]) works well too. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where the "observatory up the mountain" complains enough to get rid of all the white street lights. We've had the milky way cast shadows on moonless nights here before. Pictures cannot do it justice.