Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

I think people are so burned out on technology that anything that isn't molded plastic with a "go" button just gets dismissed as lame dad gear.

I'm pretty sure stereo systems on the whole are dad gear these days. Whenever I go to a party that has music playing, it's a laptop running Spotify hooked up to a pair of Logitech speakers. And it sounds pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

So I know in order to get high quality audio with spotify I have to run fidelify. However fidelify sucks for me and tends not to work. Is there any way to get high quality audio through spotify otherwise? Also is there any way to set an output device for spotify? Fidelify can do this but for obvious reasons I can't use it. Default spotify, amazingly, does not have this feature.

I have no idea what Fidelify is but can't you just do this?

under edit->preferences

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait so... what does a headphone amp do?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I run my headphones at like 30% volume and have never had a problem with them being too quiet. Am I just using lovely headphones?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You're using efficient headphones.

Edit: but I'm gonna take a guess and say that they're also probably lovely.

They're these

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B004PNZFZ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Panty Saluter posted:

if it makes you happy it's not a waste of money :colbert:

My $500 ionized wooden volume knob makes me happy