Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basket of Kittens
Feb 22, 2008

Across the Rio Grande
Is it alright to add somewhat different speakers to a 5.1 setup to make it 7.1?

I'm making a second-hand home theater using parts my parents didn't want (They had a 5.1 system, but complained they couldn't hear dialog so got a soundbar). They gave me a Klipsch Quintet 5.0 system with a KSW10 subwoofer.

I also have my old hi-fi klipsch speakers, bookshelf ones. SB - 1 speakers. They're a bit bigger than the quintet speakers. Does that make any difference? Will it sound weird to use them as extra pairs (like sound different than the other 5, thus making them stand out like black sheep). I don't know how speakers work in this way, I assume different models, brands sound different

I'm perfectly fine with 5.1, just the receiver I have allows up to 7.1 so it got me curious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU