Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Khablam posted:

Sure, there are those who replace one component that isn't the bottleneck and claim wonderous results, but more pitiable are the ones who will replace every component in the chain.
$1000 surge protectors are a thing.

I got a Monster surge protector. I think they are around 100-200 dollars. But it came FREE with a TV purchase I made back in '03. It has different labels for different equipment per socket, I ignore the gently caress out of those labels since they don't seem to do jack poo poo. I really don't understand some of this crazy audiophile poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
well there you go.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Patch posted:

Not to defend Monster or their prices, but those labels are just for convenience. If you want to unplug a specific component for some reason, you just look at the label rather than tracing the cords back to the equipment to see which cable goes to what.

And here I thought it was some voodoo audiophile stuff, why else would a surge protector be upwards of 200 dollars? That makes a ton of more sense.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jerry Cotton posted:

You're supposed to buy the second cheapest cable.

This works with wine too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlg3H1StHpQ

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

KozmoNaut posted:

If you're looking for something to specifically test a sub, track 8 (IIRC) off of the original Quake soundtrack is absolutely bonkers. It'll tear apart any sub.

I'll have to dig mine up

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe track 7? Seems like that track only deals with high frequency or under 20hz with nothing in between. I don't have my tactile inducers hooked up right now and my seats were loving shaking. Awesome poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
They even claim it makes your projector picture more in focus. HAHAHA.