Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I ended up buying some Dynaudio Emit M10s and the Emit center from the UK, and saved a few dolla dolla bills thanks to Brexit. Of course now I need to get them and make sure everything is ok with them, so there's still a chance this was a terrible idea.

I also backed the Heaven 11 Billie amp on kickstarter, which again could be a giant comedy of errors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I just imported some Dynaudio Emit speakers from the UK, the shop I bought them from shipped pretty quickly and I received them a couple of days ago. They used the olde "gift" designation so I didn't have to worry about any additional duties from customs. All in all I ended up saving around $300 from the US price of the speakers after shipping so I highly recommend it. Note: if you end up importing use a card that has no foreign transaction fees.

As for the speakers, they're pretty great so far but most anything is better than the Polk T15's I've been meaning to replace for years.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I have a Billie amp by Heaven 11 and their wooden dial goes up to 11.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

large hands posted:

I will not be doing this.

Just do something like what the Recovering Audiophile did at his new house.
https://youtu.be/2Tx_8HE1GvY

Animale fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 25, 2022

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think they look neat but 7 grand is steep.

I wonder how low their frequency response goes. I would hope that one of those pairs of woofers, if not both, are using the same force cancelling tech as their KC62 subwoofers.

What-Hifi has the frequency response as 26Hz - 36kHz on their review.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

namlosh posted:

Holy crap… small world. I went to high school with Bryce and his twin brother Aaron. I knew they were musicians…. But didn’t expect to see them here. Nice

They're both in a band called the National, that's fairly popular in mopey sad man dad rock circles. Aaron Dessner also writes and produces music for Taylor Swift.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
The $8k Bang and Olufsen claims to do a frequency response of 28 Hz - 23,000 Hz, it looks really good though.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
The only streaming service that remotely uses full bandwidth is Bravia Core from Sony, I've only ever seen Ghostbusters on it and it looked wonderful.

But this is some silly bullshit:
The Pure Stream™ feature requires an internet speed of at least 43 Mbps. To enjoy at the highest speed of 80 Mbps, you need an internet speed of 115 Mbps or faster. Ethernet (wired LAN) connections are limited to 100 Mbps due to the TV's product specifications. Therefore, to enjoy 80 Mbps with the Pure Stream™ functionality, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi router that supports IEEE 802.11 ac/n (wireless LAN).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Spotify Connect on my Denon receiver is just so easy.