Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

I don't get why anyone even care about ALAC over FLAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Neurophonic posted:

ALAC too is now open source as well as being better supported on devices.

Really? From my experience I've seen more and more devices supporting FLAC, but almost nothing supporting ALAC (that wasn't made by Apple).

Also, that vinyl stuff is cool. Almost makes it worth buying just for the fun of it.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

How about a Premium Sound microSD card?

E: I can't read Japanese, but I think the images speaks for themselves.

cosmo321 fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 20, 2015

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

I've stumbled across some lovely masters on Spotify, so it's possible that the non-Spotify version sounds better. As far as I know it's pretty common to use different masters for different formats. It could also be the ReplayGain present in Spotify makes it sound different due to different volume levels. :shrug:

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

qirex posted:

I'm suspicious of anyone who recommends the Sony STR-DN1080 receiver [specifically Guttenberg and What Hi-fi won't shut up about it] because if you look a the AVS thread about it it's like hundreds of people complaining about bad usability and slow performance.

I have it and it works very well. I don't understand what is supposedly slow on the thing. The only thing I find to be "slow" is the menu you have to open to switch to an input that is not a dedicated button on the remote. I have my most used inputs on the dedicated buttons though, so it's never really an issue for me.