Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShamrockShake
Sep 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pudgygiant posted:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/554008/dont-get-why-audiophile-usb-cable-would-improve-sound-quality

47 page argument about USB cables. God I love Head-Fi, it's like Youtube comments by rich people.

I found this gem on page 12 while looking for more "travisg" & "uelover" posts.

I'm having trouble actually parsing this sentence, but is that a site administrator banishing all talk of hard scientific methods? Do audiophiles have to resort to wildly attacking simple protocols to defend their fragile world? Amazing. I'm terribly happy that I'll never be an audiophile.

Also, I love how "uelover" always advances a theory in one sentence, and always dismisses the need to explain it in the next.

insane headfi.org user uelover posted:

This puzzles me too. I see it as better cables not squeezing/adding more data into the data stream but being able to carry them to the destination with less loss. As a result of that, it will appear as if they are more resolving.

I am not trying to explain the physics behind it but am looking for a convincing reason myself too.

Its an entire forum half-populated with people demanding that everyone ignore the man behind the curtain.

I've not seen this density of crazy outside of a bodybuilding forum. Wonderful stuff, thanks for sharing Pudgygiant.

ShamrockShake fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU