Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

KillHour posted:

:colbert:

Edit: I did everything for Golden Ears except the one where you had to guess what frequency changed. gently caress that one. And then it didn't save my progress. :flame:

I don't know if it holds for all of them / all platforms but the first few tests I could easily cheat because the song lagged before switching between the changed sample and one of the correct samples, but no lag between unchanged samples. They probably should have put a gap in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Khablam posted:

Saying they're not designed for listening to is a bit disingenuous, because that's exactly what they're designed for. If you just wanted to archive them, you can RAR/ZIP the wav files. Most archivers will have a special mode for working with audio so you get similar-or-better compression ratios than using FLAC/ALAC, whilst giving the other advantages of an actual archive format (CRC checks, incremental backups, encryption, error tolerance, whatever).

If it matters to anyone I recommend WinRAR. The later versions have done a great job at keeping top-end harmonics clear and open even after being in an archive with other files. Make sure you use the RAR5 format or you won't get the benefit.
Never compress on AMD, either, their obsession with cramming more cores onto every chip means they have poor jitter. I pity anyone who hasn't heard a proper i7 decompression of Dark Side of the Moon. When I played it for the first time my girlfriend in the other room came running in asking what happened to the soundstage and instrument placing.

this is a fakepost right. right.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/sony-will-sell-a-premium-sound-microsdxc-card-to-audiophiles-in-japan/

english article on the sony audiophile sd card