Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFuglyStik
Mar 7, 2003

Attention-starved & smugly condescending, the hipster has been deemed by
top scientists as:
"The self-important, unemployable clowns of the modern age."

Audiot posted:

:psyduck:
I've known audio guys who have gone down that path. If you're going to get that deep into it I would think you would go to an audiologist and get your ears flushed. As a friend put it, "you'll be able to hear squirrels talking".

This also falls into the guys that wear earplugs to preserve their hearing. I won't wear ear plugs when I drive so that I can take them out once in a while to make my stereo/ recording sound better.

I've had to work in a loud rear end factory that had me wearing earplugs for twelve straight hours each shift, and your hearing is a little better than normal right after taking them out. I still can't say that it's sane to do that while driving or worth the slightly better hearing for a few moments.

Are they so drat elitist that a good system in a car isn't pure enough? Putting yourself through a drive in dead silence sounds like some punishment dreamed up in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU