Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

You should only listen to things at night to reduce sun based neutrino noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wouldn't you want to fill the plastic bag with like Nitrogen or something? I mean, with all the audiophile stuff about oxygen free cables, exhaling air with both oxygen and moisture from your breath seems like the most anti-audiophile thing to do ever.

I find that radon212 works best.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Chill Callahan posted:

To their defense, the human ear is incredibly sensitive. Ears can detect displacements on the order of 1 trillionth of a meter.

:getout:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

KillHour posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's good for "Breaking FCC regulations." Was I close?

Edit: That antenna isn't nearly long enough to generate a 7.83Hz wave. Some back-of-the-napkin math is giving me a wavelength of ~38,000 KM.

Double Edit: I reported them to the FCC. :allears:

Ie, the circumference of the earth.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

As was said earlier, by telling the owner, "If you do that, you'll be off the super special person Ferrari buying list forever."

Or could void warranty or access to replacement parts.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Sure they are.

Even if you could use graphene as a conductor in a fuse (you would never do this), its resistivity is 1×10^−8 Ωm.
A fuse might be 1mm² and 10mm long.

resistance = resistivity x ( length / area )
= 1×10^−8 x ( 0.001 / 0.00001 )
= 0.000001 Ω

current = voltage / resistance
= 2x10^6 / 0.000001
= 2 TRILLION AMPS

Your math is as bad as your understanding of graphene

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

It's true I don't know anything about graphene, but what's wrong with the math?

Worked it out with that and you still get 20 million amps. Either way they are not treating these fuses with 2 million volts :v:

edit: also they'll need a pretty fat fuse wire if they're going to be putting 2 trillion amps through it.

10 mm is 0.01 m, not 0.001. 1 mm^2 is 10^-6m^2, not 10^-5. Graphene is usually atomic layers thick, so less than 10^-9m. The cross-sectional area of a graphene wire would probably be less than 10^-15m^2.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

I think "tacky" is the best word to describe McIntosh gear.

Also :lol: at the platter speed indicator.

Nice tortilla holder you've got there.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I use bt exclusively, but there are locations where I get consistent audio interference. I just have to move my phone closer to my headphones.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

https://twitter.com/scott4listener/status/1321829118833545217

There aren't sufficient psyducks for the amount of :psyduck: I'm doing right now

I'll assume this isn't a troll post you quoted. Why even key out the track? Wouldn’t the secondary tranfer groove be sufficient?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

DoesNotCompute posted:

Only beryllium powder is considered hazardous waste I’m fairly sure. The reason it’s expensive to make things out of it is because it is in this hazardous form during production and the fact that around 2kg of beryllium costs as much as around a metric ton of titanium.

Beryllium is essential for national security