Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I hope this is the right thread, but if not please redirect me.

I'm trying to upgrade my home stereo system. Currently what I use is my old Akai AM-U33 amp with my turntable on the phone input and my TV running into an analog converter and then into one of the aux inputs. Sound comes from a pair of old Sonic speaker cabinets that I re-speakered with celestions years ago, and these speakers also serve as small tables for some vintage lamps that are part of our 1960s living room setup. This system, while it has served adequately, is not where I want to be. So, please direct me to a better amp and speakers that can a) handle both turntable and television inputs, b) sound super clear, and c) possibly still serves as small tables for my lamps. I'd also like to keep things to under $1000 all together if possible.

Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Thanks!