Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every bit of audiophilia that I've read seems to be in the quest of getting the most "accurate" sound possible so that it sounds EXACTLY like the source.

The funny part is that anybody who's ever done any recording is very much aware that there is never a point in time in which the sounds you record sound EXACTLY like the source. So unless they want to improve the recorded sound...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've never heard a set of headphones that I get enough bass definition from. I know it's there, but I often find it hard to discern what the bass player is doing.

IMHO, Bass needs room to develop.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Okay...I think I'm going crazy, BUT:

Should MP3s played on my PC sound better than MP3s played on my iPod? Same file, same speakers. My iPod seems to make the speakers distort at a high volume, whereas listening to the SAME FILE on my PC doesn't seem to do it.

Am I crazy? Please tell me if I am.