Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone know which cones are the most/least difficult to get in to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Add me to the list of goons attempting to invade the State Dept.; I'll be taking the test in a couple of hours.

Ganguro King fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 6, 2010

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

So I finally got around to requesting the score breakdown for my FSOT test, and while I did pretty well on the multiple choice section, apparently my essay was poo poo. Not really sure how I can practice for that sort of thing, but I'll give it another try next year anyway.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone think the federal hiring reform President Obama has called for will have any effect on the FSO hiring process?

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Regarding the recently leaked cables, is there any particular cone that is responsible for writing most of these things? I think some of them are pretty hilarious.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Vilerat posted:

You mean the allegedly leaked cables that are not acknowledged in any official fashion?

Umm yeah. Suppose there were cables written that resembled these recent allegedly leaked but officially unacknowledged cables. Would there be a particular cone that might possibly be responsible for writing most of them? Hypothetically.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Ronald Spiers posted:

Finally got an invite for the oral assessment in September. I like how the invite email was put in my spam folder, thanks google!

When did you take the written exam?

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Smerdyakov posted:

1) The list of cities overseas where the test is administered is available, but not any information beyond that--is it just the same date and time as everywhere else at the respective embassy/consulate, or am I missing something here?
2) Anyone else who has taken the test overseas care to share their experience?

1) All the tests are administered during the same week, but I think dates and times can vary. You only find out exact dates and times of a given location after you complete the FSOT application and they invite you to choose a slot.

2) I've only taken it overseas so I have nothing to compare it to, but you just go to the embassy/consulate and take the test on their computers. I doubt where you take it makes any substantive difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Skandiaavity posted:

worldwide means "anywhere in the world (except antarctica)."

For some reason I feel kind of disappointed that there isn't a consulate down there.