Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

This is probably a 'no', but is there a foreign service job for someone who works in mental health? I've got a masters in social work and I've been doing mental health therapy for years both in hospitals and in private practice. I'm thinking about a career change and thought why the hell not ask the FSOT thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

the_chavi posted:

Seriously, I have to imagine you could make a ton of money as an off-the-books shrink for most of State these days. Slightly to exceptionally unethical, but hey!

'Off the books' like don't bill their insurance? I have a few people in my current practice like that, always worried that HR is going to dime them out.

Anyway, I looked around and found this posting...

https://careers.state.gov/work/opportunities/vacancy-announcements/social-worker/

...sounds challenging