Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

I'd like to take this opportunity to say...holy gently caress I love S&W wheelguns. such great childhood memories associated with them and my father

and now, for content...a crappy iPhone pic of my carry alternative to my Glock 36 - S&W 442

SixthFloorFreak fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

not sure on the exact history, but this gun has been on nightstand duty for at least 20 years in my parent's home...sorry for the crappy phone pic

Model 10-5

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

Rubber Ducky posted:

So here is the situation:

I have a Taurus .44 magnum, six inch ported barrel revolver, not sure the model number. It was my going-away present from my squad when I got out of the army, problem is, its too drat expensive to shoot, and it turns out that I am terrible with it (as in, I need to practice). I'd like to pick up a .357 revolver to practice with, but my budget is very limited. My main problem with the Taurus is that my little finger doesn't really fit on the grip very well, and I think that I am flinching a lot. So in looking for a .357, I'd like something with a longer grip, if possible. Any suggestions from the wheel gun gods?

while I love .357, I'd suggest a .22 to get your revolver shooting mechanics down...a S&W 617 would own. if you can't shoot one of those, something is wrong with you

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

do any of you guys have a S&W 610? if so, what do you think of it? I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket, and a stainless revolver in 10mm sounds like just the ticket. can you shoot .40 in it as well?

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

So, I just bought my girl a no-lock 442 for Christmas. Recommend me an affordable set of classy wood grips for this thing...used factory, new aftermarket, whatever

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I like my Altamonts.

http://www.altamontco.com/experimen...sson_jframe.php

Has she shot it yet? Have you shot it yet? They are punishing little pistols. She might not enjoy it as much as you think. It took me a while to come around to mine, and probably 200+ rounds before I could even hit poo poo with it.

Thanks for the link...which ones do you have?

Yeah, I'm aware that they're a little rough to shoot...I had a 442 a while back. She's not comfortable with a semi-auto so I figured the j-frame was really my only choice. I'm hoping that putting some different grips and a T-grip on it might help. I'm probably gonna load some mouse-fart wadcutters for her to practice with as well. If she doesn't like it, I'll keep it for myself lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

I'm interested in hearing your experiences with that kit...I'm considering it for the 442 I have on layaway for my gf...I really like Apex's M&P trigger parts so I assume their j frame parts are gtg