Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
Hi guys. I just got a new little 5 year old persian yesterday and was hoping you guys could give me a little advice since she's having a couple of issues. Currently she's secluded in her own bathroom so she can't come in contact with my other cat and she has a vet appointment for Monday (soonest I could get at the clinic I wanted).

1) She's not eating the most/hardly at all. I've heard cats can go off their food for a little while when they're in a new place, but I'm particularly concerned because she's only 4lbs 12ozs and skin and bones. She did eat a couple of teaspoons of tuna last night, but she's barely touched any of her normal food or any of the other stuff the shelter suggested I put out to entice her. Should I get her some pedialite and a syringe and try force feeding her tonight if she doesn't show signs of eating? Is it ok for me to give her a little more tuna?

2) She has accidents. I knew this would be an issue and I'm prepared to deal with it. She will not go in a litter box that is even the least bit dirty. I try to get it as soon as I can, but since she's having runny poops right now since the shelter just put her on Science Diet ID, she's gone outside of her box a few times. She has two litter boxes with her in hopes of combating this a bit (it's also why she's currently in the bathroom and not a bedroom). Is this something that will hopefully improve as she has more consistent bowel movements? Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm home most of the time since I'm a writer, so checking the boxes every couple of hours isn't a problem. There will be days where I will be gone for 8hrs plus though, so I have my concerns. However, since our floors are tile in most of the house, I don't mind cleaning up accidents.

3) she has gone poop/pee three times since we brought her home despite drinking and eating little? Is this a huge concern or is it a good sign that she's actually having bowel movements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU