Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
Question time:

This handsome fellow showed up at my parents house 3 days ago.

According to the vet he is a ragdoll, about 4 years old, and completely healthy, except for some dirty ears. He was found on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere two weeks ago by a friend, most likely abandoned (which is really weird, because he is obviously an expensive cat). He lived with her for about 10 days. After flyering all over the place, no one has claimed him, and he has come to live with us on a trial basis.

He is a very docile cat, and in many ways very sweet, but not terribly affectionate. I've never adopted an adult cat before, so I don't really know how bonding works, but so far, he has been sort of distant. He really likes being around people and sitting near us, but hasn't been cuddly, and hasn't come to sit on out laps or play with us or anything. He has a favorite chair that he sleeps on, and whenever I pick him up, he just walks back over to it and plops down.

Basically, my question is how long should I expect before this cat bonds with us and starts acting how he would under normal circumstances? Is there anything we can do to help him out? We really want this cat to love us, but so far he seems a little indifferent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU