Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Len posted:

The fiancee grew up in a house that did that sort of thing. Cat had an accident? Beat the cat. Cat did bad thing? Beat the cat.

I was not on board with that and when Bean had her bladder problems there was no beating. Just disappointed looks and a shame on you talk.

Although I guess I did punish Domino the time he sprayed because he got his balls cut off the next week.

I'm surprised that worked with Domino. What're you gonna do? Cut his balls off twice? :catbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

What is the reigning theory as to why cats love boxes so very much?

Scientists have pondered this very question, pouring millions into resesrch documenting and peer-reviewing thousands of cats with millions of boxes.

Their final report was just one sentence; "If they [Cat, x1 (one)] fits, they sits".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Who does he main? I'm gonna guess Kilik :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Protocol7 posted:

He'll usually jump on the toilet too so I have to give him water before I do anything toilet related.

Please don't pass water onto your cat :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

You know how much that cat house cost you fucker and I haven't seen you in it once :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you'd left out a cardboard box with an old blanket, he'd never leave it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IffyNewtz posted:

On the up side, I have just got TWO new cats, sisters, with 2 years on the clock.
This was what I had a question about before I saw the panc stuff:

I cannot get any cat litter for 2 weeks. I have ordered some that comes on april 4th, but everywhere is out of stock locally, and I don't want to get the 'rona by chasing around the shops for the one thing I don't have a months stock of.
What can I use as a substitute? I mean I guess I could use a load of soil from the garden, but I don't want to drag bugs etc in the house. I was thinking either a big bag of compost from the DIY store (can order it no prob) or a bag of builders sand? Shredded paper?
Anyone else with this dilemma?

Cats are currently named Blackie and Ginger, that will change, need some ideas, never had female cats before. Sorry no decent photos yet.

Blackie

Melted Blackie

Ginger

Think I'm going to rename her Greta. It's the frown, like trump just walked past lol

You could name the other cat Hannah or Hanna :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bioshuffle posted:

Do you guys have an air filter/purifier system in your home to help with floating pet hairs and such? What is a good brand?

From my research, it looks like uv lights are a gimmick and I just need one that'll take hepa filters. Any recommendations?

I'm just a lurker for the adorable cat pics, but for what it's worth I've been nothing but happy with my Arovec AV-P152B. I picked it up at the start of the year due to the Victorian bushfires coating half the state in smoke, and have been nothing but happy with it. It's a little pricey, but my sinuses have been way better this year with less dust around in general.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I feel old hearing someone in the back say "I've run out of photos!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looking at that website's design feels like Dorian Gray staring at his own portrait and turning to dust as age catches up with him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I was out of the apartment and Terry managed to turn on the portable air conditioner by jumping on it. He must have been terrified and I bet it was hilarious.

What I'm hearing is Terry now knows how to get cool air whenever he wants it in the middle of the night :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JacquelineDempsey posted:

We're getting the unnamed orange fella, and the tabbies are Luna and Eartha (but I can't tell which is which in this pic, Luna's got white mittens that you can't see.)

Well clearly he should be Mars, the Red Planet Cat. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cats do not charge via USB, and you should not stick a cable in there :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dorium posted:

our poor cat somehow caught ring worm on her ear so now we're treating her with a bath every week and applying the solution to her ear each time that smells like rotten eggs. so that's been a fun experience. still no clue how she's caught it, but she's got it so we gotta deal with it. I'm fully expecting our other cat:

to catch it eventually. we tried for a few days separating them from each other, but our apartment is small and we dont have many rooms to dedicate to just one of them and they B-line straight for each other no matter what. An impossible task at this point. bleh, this rotten egg smell has pretty much taken over our bathroom. its awful, but Simply Green seems to knock it back pretty well and lighting a stick or two of incense after each session...

goddamn ring worms.

I don't know how well it'll contend with that smell specifically, but try putting a small open bowl of vinegar in the room for a while. It does a drat good job of eating some noxious lingering odors like ducttape.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jimmychoo posted:

goddamn ants. anyone have experience with ant traps in a small apartment that won’t make cats sick?

Mix equal parts powdered sugar and baking soda, and leave that out somewhere to let the little bastards take that home to share with their queen while it kills them all slow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Given how much he apparently purrs, and where he was found;

Engine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Basically they gave me two options, either bring it up by the throat (but I was worried the metal might be jagged) or do an incision on her stomach to get it out, luckily it was super clear on the x-ray so they were able to get in and out incision-wise no problem. They gave her IV hydration and she's gotta have 3 different kinds of medicine for the next 10 days, but basically I'm just making sure there's no complications (especially about 3-5 days from now!)

Also, turns out the metal object she ate was an entire dime, which I'm kicking myself for somehow not noticing (when did my cat eat a whole entire coin?!), so let this be a PSA if you have any scrooge mcduck-esque cats of your own :shobon:

You probably need to periodically pick her up and, gently, shake her to see if she jingles with loose change :v:.

Glad your little gremlin is okay and healing :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Khizan posted:

I have no idea yet. I am terrible at names.

Lady Mandragora Stormborn; Slayer of False Temples, Thief of Treats, The Skulking Terror of the Blanket Realm.