Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
My cat got out Monday and I’ve been searching and putting up flyers and posters, Facebook and Nextdoor and PawBoost, and I even bought a game camera to try and find her. She might be down in the storm drains with the rest of the community cats and I did catch a video of a black cat with a short coat, but I think it’s a male. The local county animal control doesn’t take in stray cats and neither does Pawmetto Lifeline, so her microchip is almost useless. I’m going out tonight to see if I can trap the cat I saw on video but I don’t know what else to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
That six-week reunion story is amazing empty whippet box! It’s giving me hope for Midnight. Tbf, I’ve seen a cat that looks like her on the wildlife cam I set up next to a feeding station in my garage, but it’s being a butt about getting into a trap, and only comes around after midnight. It’s very frustrating

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I have to give my very recalcitrant formerly feral cat eye drops four times a day in both eyes. I don’t know how this is going to work.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
She just gets so scared after I’m done that she dashes under the bed and she’s not coming out for treats

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I had cat proofed my backyard for about a year until I came outside one day a month ago and found my big fat black cat on top of the shed. I had to do some circus poo poo to get him back inside. Ever since he spends probably four hours a day yowling at the back door to be let out. I'm getting him a harness to take him on walks so he can enjoy the sunshine at least. is there anything else I can do for the guy? I feel terrible.

A catio with a tunnel might be nice if he just wants to go lurk outside.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Organza Quiz posted:

Update: got her in the carrier but even after the gabapentin she fought like a devil and scratched the poo poo out of my hands, ah peridot.

Ended up grabbing her halfway across the house from the carrier and holding her like in this video, carrying her yowling and biting to drop her into the carrier:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcofDj-pPA

I’ve got a cat like that. That’s why cat burritos are your friend. That video is…weird.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Lady Demelza posted:

I have finally found a selection of cat soups and gourmet feline terrines overpriced mush that poor puss and his crumbling teeth will eat. Relieved though I am that he's getting some food down him, what goes in runny is coming out runny, and now my life is scrubbing liquishits off the floors, walls and furniture. It's not diarrhoea, he's paddling in it as he kicks his litter, and then walking it everywhere.

That sucks, and occasionally happens with my boy cat when I have to switch from wet food to dry due to budgetary issues which the vet said was because of the diet switch itself. Hopefully he’ll adjust to the new diet soon.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
So, I’m really worried about one of my older cats. She’s eating and drinking fine (when it’s something she wants), but she threw up at least twice yesterday, including all of her dinner, and a couple of times earlier this week. She doesn’t seem to have any pain or sensitivity when I palpate her stomach, and the vomit is pinkish, since that’s the food color, there’s now brown liquid or black spots to indicate q bleed that I could see. She’s still been really excited every time it’s meal time. I can’t tell if she’s used the litter box because she keeps herself well-groomed and shares litter boxes with a couple of other cats.

Edit: I’m probably just going to take her to the emergency vets after work. Not looking forward to another big bill but better safe than sorry.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 15, 2021

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
So, I felt a small lump at the base of my old girl’s throat when I was petting her today. Also, one of the community cats (who is honestly trying to become an indoor cat, I think) showed up with a gouge in his nose. He seems to be fine in every other aspect (breathing okay, eating like a menace, etc) with only a bit of watery eyes and an adverse reaction to my trying to clean it up a little with a warm wet washcloth.

Needless to say it’s going to be an expensive month for me and I’m so scared about that lump in Mischief’s throat. To be fair, it doesn’t seem to be affecting her in any way (also has the appetite of a demon, drinking pretty often, active and bright-eyed) so I think I either caught it early or it’s benign.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Here’s the shithead who had to go to the vet’s today.

It’s a deep puncture wound but didn’t impact anything else in his face, so they gave him antibiotics and I’m going to keep an eye on my little idiot. I honestly thought it was going to be easy to get him out of the house, and it almost was, but the latch on the carrier didn’t shut correctly and he managed to make a run for it. I got to spend 15 minutes playing “catch the cat”.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 3, 2021

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I’m worried about my 15 year old guy who has a history of pancreatitis. He was feeling pretty poorly yesterday and had peed on the bedding he was laying on, so I got him to the vet. Turns out he has a minor UTI and some arthritis in his hips (and a knee injury somehow). Got him the cat arthritis shot (solensia I think?) a two-week injectable anti biotic and anti inflammatories. He’s been mostly resting since we got back, but has been able to get up and walk around, eat, drink water and pee in his litter box but I haven’t seen a bowel movement today or yesterday, and I’m pretty sure most of the day before? It’s hard to remember.

How much longer should I wait before I haul him back to the emergency vet?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

We have poop! Granted, they’re small and pellet like so I’m going to try like a 1/2 of a tsp of pumpkin puree for him and see if that helps. I can’t call his vet right now because they’re closed on the weekend. (I know it’s not a hydration issue because I only feed him wet food and I have seen him up and at the water fountain several times). Since his appetite is still good, I think he’ll be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Guess I’m calling the vet in the morning. Still not a whole lot of poop, and his urine is still awful smelling.