Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
a cat was sitting in the stairway of my building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

it came into my apartment when i came back with groceries. do i have a cat now?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Julio Cruz posted:

at the very least you should take them to a vet and see if they've got a chip, make sure they're not just from a couple blocks away who just wandered a bit too far to get back

Took her in. No chip, not sterilized, unknown vaccination status. no buttworms, at the very least? I'll take care of those things after I get paid on the 4th.
Not sure what she's been eating because she made extremely heinous turds overnight.
She spent most of yesterday sitting on the windowsill and then spent the rest of the night meowing loudly for no apparent reason. Then this morning she purred a lot while allowing me to pet her.
No idea about the name yet. I feel like I should conform to the internet standard of giving your cat a silly name though!

Cats were always very much a blind spot in my life, haha. Never really knew anyone with one and despite getting an engineering degree in animal husbandry, the cat classes were of atrocious quality.

Has a single ginger toe. It's a cool detail.

Ballz posted:

She's gone. We gave her a night to eat all the food she was normally forbidden (ham, chicken, vanilla ice cream, powder sugar donuts...) and then had a hospice doctor come to our home this morning. She would have been 19 in June. Her life still wasn't long enough.

I'm really sorry, man. I know it hurts even when you make all the preparations for your pet to pass on fair terms.