Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Since I didn’t see anything in the op, is there a consensus on decent flea treatment?

My kittens were getting revolution at their vet which worked well but as their spay/neuter is coming up the time of monthly vaccination visits is quickly coming to an end and I’d like to avoid going there monthly just to get it, if possible.

I tried advantage once but they already had some fleas by the time of their next vet visit (my sister is one of the techs there and she ended up giving us a few revolution for free so I know they weren’t trying to gouge us.)

Should I just get them collars? They seem remarkably chill with stuff on their neck as my fiancée likes to put bits and bobs on their collars and they don’t fuss with them much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, since they’ve just been getting them during their vet visits I had completely forgotten that they’re supposed to come in packs of six. I’ll just do that, every 3 months is a little more palatable then monthly.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

My cats have been wigging out since they were fixed this morning and it’s stressing me the hell out. I just want your insides to stay inside, please stop fighting with your cones.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Holy poo poo I’ve never had an animal that hates cones as much as these 2 cats. And the sedatives we were given have had 0 effect so they’ve been going nuts nonstop for hours now.

My girl cut her cheek smashing her face against the cabinet corner on the bathroom trying to get the cone off so now I have to take her back in the morning to get it looked at if they even make it through the night.

I’m not sure how we’re going to sleep tonight.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Psycho cats update, so they finally calmed down after like 6 straight hours of going nuts, we gave them a break from the cones for about an hour where we just monitored them and kept them from cleaning themselves.

Vet told us to up the sedative dose and frequency and after a big meal they finally settled down. They still don’t like the cones but they slept through the night and stopped trying to slam their head into walls or fight each other to get them off. Now they just stop to itch them occasionally.

I’m never fixing multiple animals at the same time again.

I’d post pictures of the little monsters but I’m phone posting and not sure how to do it in the awful app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Anyone know how long it’ll take my cat to “recognize” her brother after a bath? Luckily neither of them are very aggressive so she’s just been handing out nose bops and hisses.

It’d be more funny if he didn’t looks so confused and sad that his sister suddenly hates him. He’s been laying in all of his usual spots but I guess he doesn’t smell enough like rear end for it to register.