Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Has anyone used a diaper genie for scooping out their litter boxes? Is there a better cat equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Fire In The Disco posted:

There is a cat equivalent that I see at Petco when I stop there, but honestly, I don't think it's worth the price of the refills. You're really just better off using grocery bags and taking the bag to the trash after scooping. If you must put it in something inside before taking a large load out, you can try a good, foot pedal metal trash can that seals well, and line that with trash bags. But honestly, I'd probably die from the smell of that after a few days, whereas taking the litter out every time I scoop is quick and less stinky.

We use resueable grocery bags so we don't actually have a good supply of small bags to use for scooping. :(

I tried using an old litter tub as a can next to the boxes since those seal well. That only lasted one week. By the end of the week I thought I was going to vomit when I opened the lid.

Hopefully I'll get knocked up soon so it won't be my problem anymore.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Are there any pet gates that will block cats? If not, are there any temporary type doors I can install to stop cats from going in a room that won't look super trashy?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The doorway is in a really awkward place. It would require a lot of work to install a door since its wider than a normal door and its right at the bottom of the stairs. I think I might look into a folding door to install. At least I could take it down when we're ready to sell the house and move somewhere else.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I just got a new kitten. He was born under a pallet of Christmas trees at walmart. A woman found him and his sister and had him for a couple weeks, and now I have him. He's been to the vet and has started that whole gamut that kittens have to go through. I've had him for about 4 days now. He's about 8 or 9 weeks old. I'll provide some pics soon. My question is about his fur. His sister was obviously a short hair. She has short shiny sleek fur, but his is a bit coarser and sort of reminds me almost of lambs hair. I'm wondering what sort of coat he's going to have as an adult? His coloring is orange tabby.

I don't know if its more of a nutritional issue or if he's going to have something different than an american short hair coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

If I feed my adult cats Wellness Core, do I really need to feed my kitten Wellness Kitten? Is there something in that that would greatly benefit him? The Core actually has more protein in it than their kitten food.