Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

We have 980 square feet and three female orange cats, quite a unique rare mix. 1 is indoors only and the only one declawed, 2 was outdoors only and gave birth to 3 who was also indoors only. they were seperated three days after birth because 2 developed mastitis and could not provide milk. i thought she was going to die actually, and we gave 3 to a friend whose two barn cats gave birth to a ten babies within two weeks of each other and all kittens were feeding from both mothers. 3 was days old when she was put in a pen with four kittens at 5 weeks and six at 3 weeks, so she was the smallest of the bunch and invariably ended up being at the bottom of every pile, at the end of every swipe, and ended up having a really rough few weeks until all the other kittens were weened and she was left. we got her two weeks later and she lived with 1 for two years alone.

3 had to come in, and never lived indoors or got along with other cats. 3 and 2 have no idea they are related, but they look identical and this confuses 1 all the time, who has a close relationship with 3 but hates 2. 1 attacks 2 several times daily. they've always fought. the mother and daughter fight too, but they mostly just avoid each other. 3 is who we have the worst problem with. she will not urinate in the liter box and we have tried every tipe of liter composition, 2 per cat, changes after every and i mean every use, shallow liter deep liter different containers, different rooms, different temperatures and lighting settings even. instead she chooses to urinate on the floor, often next to the toilet or the shower. Any thoughts?

parthenocarpy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

GabrielAisling posted:

Name your cats?
i cant reveal my cats identities

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

What a month.

My outdoor cat got in a huge fight outside the door on Saturday with a beast of a black and white cat we`ve seen since this winter. This is in Minnesota, and the beast survived all season outdoors alone. Son of a bitch tore a huge gash in my cat`s tail that we noticed on Monday when she was holding the tail low. Took her to the vet, they shaved it down and put her on Amoxicillin. I kept her inside since then until she got out yesterday morning and never came back.

Long story short she was stuck in the neighbor`s motorcycle shed and freed 30 hours after I last saw her. Apparently the neighbor left the shed open while he took his bike out, which he says he never does (leaving the door open), and my idiot got herself locked up. She has what looks like a burn on her face now. I think she must have pushed her head against a hot part of the bike after getting locked up.

She is going to the vet on Monday to get checked out again. Anyone here seen burns like this before, if thats what it really is? I`ll link these since they are high resolution

http://i.imgur.com/bbMJeO3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SQrIcOD.jpg

Poor fucker has a shaved, messed up tail and what looks like a burn on her face, all in the span of 7 days

Second thing, I`m thinking about trapping that black and white cat. The house two over was a 90 year old cat hoarder who had everything taken away last fall and the neighbors think this black and white beast was one of them that got away from animal control. It lives under the rambler the hoarder was moved out of. Any recommendations?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Deviant posted:

Congratulations on your acquisition of a second cat, hopefully they will get along better.

Oh, I have three cats. Only one is outdoors.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

When I found her I had no intention to have a new cat, I had two already. She was a young stray. One of mine died soon after and I kept the stray fed but outdoors. My sister told me a month into the ordeal `you know she is pregnant, right?` I tried to keep her inside after that but she cried and cried. Prepped a place for her to birth but she ended up delivering a stillborn and one live baby on a pile of insulation on the upper boards of the garage. She developed mastitis and couldn`t care for the kitten so we took her to a friend who has two cats that gave birth to ten kittens, three weeks and five weeks old. They let the kitten feed but she was on the bottom of a kitten pile for weeks. Hated being held. hated being pet. We took the kitten back and my stray wanted nothing to do with her, so we kept the kitten inside. When we moved I brought all three cats inside and my stray hated it, fought constantly with her daughter and the other one. They still fight and have never bonded, so she goes outside. It has been like this for three years. She comes indoors at 10:00pm like clockwork and wakes me at 6:00am to be fed and be let out. She mostly just sleeps on our ramp in the sun, this week has just been total hell on her.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

She got in a fight with another cat two days ago and is seeming to have some discharge at the left eye now. Easily cleaned away but the blackness around the lid is unusual. Gonna keep checking every hour or so for progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Boogalo posted:

I've been watching https://www.twitch.tv/crittervision its a backyard cam in the Carolinas with feeders set up so there's; animals on them pretty much 24/7. Geese, deer, squirrels, birds during the day, possums, deer, and hoards of raccoons at night. I put it up on the big TV for a bit but had to stop doing that because the cats were starting to attack it and I don't want it scratched up. Its a good option if you want some nature sounds and always different Cat TV.

We have a single back window that overlooks a fenced deer path running north/south. Until recently, it has been relatively quiet, because on the other side is a school bus depot. Well, those busses haven't been running for a couple months now, and with the lack of that early morning noise the path is just full of wildlife. Some red foxes run through the tall grass hunting small prey now which is why the normally outdoor cat I posted above has been indoors, whole families of deer, woodchucks (which is worrying because I've had to trap them before in this property), and lots of large wild cats. Last week we had a pair of sandhill cranes. One of our three cats is always perched on this window waiting for these daily parades.