Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

human nail clippers imo are not ok to clip cat's nails as they'll splinter them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

It's likely just a comfort thing. Some kittens do it with fingers. They will likely ween off the behavior but not always. I wouldn't worry too much and I imagine if it starts to bother Ludmilla she'll let him know.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

It could be a comfort/relaxation thing for her, too. :3: Either that or you have a pedocat.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

BIOJECT posted:

Is it possible to train a kitten to feel comfortable with a leash?

Yes, but I'd also recommend a harness so you don't strain their neck and they don't slip out of the collar.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

One thing I will say about any rescue is be prepared to spend around $200 upfront at your first vet visit or subsequent visits due to the potential URI, mites, etc issues you could have (as mentioned). Plus the checkup, of course.

We were lucky with our last rescue *crosses fingers* that we didn't need to go back for a cold, goopy eyes, parasites, or any other numerous things that arise.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 19, 2009

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Fractal Cat posted:

:words:

I get you're upset. I really do. However, this is not the best approach as you've already mentioned. I know you don't want to hear it, but your best alternative is to take your pet to a vet. Definitely "shop" around via phone. Explain your situation. Vets are more willing to work with people in financial crisis situations than you'd expect. Good luck!

And yes, it is against the rules to give veterinary advice.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

McKracken posted:

Is 6 months the appropriate time to transition kittens to adult food?

My 2 kittens are doing excellent with their socialization and no longer exhibit any feral behavior. Took them to vet last week, estimated age at 10 weeks, which puts them at around 6 weeks when we first caught them. Everyone is healthy and flea-free and they spend their time fluctuating between lights out kittenpile napping to furiously chasing each other around in circles.

I'll try and get some pictures of them being ridiculously cute in action to share with the thread.

I was always told around a year was about the time you transition from kitten to adult food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Dogen posted:

To agree with their decision to call the vet?

This exactly. I was hasty in my probation and Rhea had just reiterated that the vet is the right decision.