Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

g0lbez posted:

If they're going to be cliche and terrible should they not be unintelligible? sounds like it'd be worse if you could understand the bullshit For the record I don't give a gently caress what Ion Dissonance's lyrics are and the vocalist probably doesn't either since the only thing I care about is how hard the vocals are and how much they match with the mayhem going on in the background

Heh sorry, posted it from phone. Multiple typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

xZAOx posted:

Heh sorry, posted it from phone. Multiple typos.

Honestly I think he's trying too hard to go for Gabe's "lunatic in an insane asylum" style of vocals

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-hfXnHemyc

There is a new KSE song.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New video, song is from their latest record which came out.... Some time within the last year or so, it was so forgettable I couldn't tell you really.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Golly gee, this certainly is a tour.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I just saw that and was about to post this.

Also holy poo poo Music Hall Of Williamsburg? That's gonna be carnage.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

The one time ETID tours with tolerable bands and they don't come to Chicago.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Knocked Loose baby!

I think I'm gonna head to Tucson for this. I hear The Rock is great?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Godfuckingdammit that's a good lineup. Seriously considering catching both CO dates.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Of course I move out of NYC where I would have access to both the Brooklyn and Long Island shows. No LA show but there is one happening in a town about an hour away. Ticket already bought. Will be drunk and flexing all night.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

Of course I move out of NYC where I would have access to both the Brooklyn and Long Island shows. No LA show but there is one happening in a town about an hour away. Ticket already bought. Will be drunk and flexing all night.

I feel like Revolution is nowhere near big enough for an ETID headlining tour.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Good haha. Maybe they'll play some old stuff and it'll be an absolute poo poo show. If you go, please let me know if Keith talks about the old days of Long Island playing at The Downtown, etc. Do one cartwheel for every/any old Long Island venues get mentioned that night.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

Good haha. Maybe they'll play some old stuff and it'll be an absolute poo poo show. If you go, please let me know if Keith talks about the old days of Long Island playing at The Downtown, etc. Do one cartwheel for every/any old Long Island venues get mentioned that night.

RIP Crazy Donkey

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

I don't have a car, so no LI shows for me anymore in 99.999% of cases (this isn't that .001, especially since the Brooklyn venue is also real small.)

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

RIP Crazy Donkey

I saw Glassjaw there!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Take the LIRR to Amityville and grab an Uber?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

RIP Crazy Donkey

:(

That place was my spot in high school

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
New Hollow Earth ain't bad.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The new Code Orange is so close to being officially released how is it not available in other ways yet ugh

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the new code orange fuckin smokes

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Parachute posted:

the new code orange fuckin smokes

True statement. The track where Reba sings is fire

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Beelzebozo posted:

True statement. The track where Reba sings is fire

Oh you mean the track I've been skipping every time I listened to the album today so far?

Also, initial reaction is that it's too experimental and weird. We'll see how I warm up to it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

Oh you mean the track I've been skipping every time I listened to the album today so far?

Also, initial reaction is that it's too experimental and weird. We'll see how I warm up to it.

what a surprise a bad opinion presented in a confrontational manner from shoogaslim

Parachute
May 18, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

this is real now

*chug chug chug*

mo-ther-fu-cker

im down with them sounding like disembodied + botch + later-era clockcleaner

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Parachute posted:

im down with them sounding like disembodied + botch + later-era clockcleaner

gently caress yeah, you are. I'm 36 so Disembodied and Botch were extremely my poo poo in the day. :hfive:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beelzebozo posted:

gently caress yeah, you are. I'm 36 so Disembodied and Botch were extremely my poo poo in the day. :hfive:

Botch/Narrows/These Arms Are Snakes 4 lyfe :hfive:

still funny to me how Dave Knudsen went from Botch to Minus the Bear

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Yeah, I did get a strong Disembodied vibe. Botch kinda makes sense but I'm really not feeling Bleeding in the Blur or Ugly. They're just boring to me.

Parachute posted:

this is real now

*chug chug chug*

mo-ther-fu-cker

This part is really cool. I only listened like twice on my drive to work, but it felt like the heavy songs were broken up by weird silences and electronic noises. It'll take time to get used to.

Update: without having heard the last two songs, album is still boring. They released the only two "songs" on the album. Then there are some grunge-worship tracks, and everything else is just THUMP THUMP THUMP BSSZZZZ CRACKLE *soft silence* THUMP THUMP WUMP WEHHH WEHHH.

I love breakdowns as much as the next guy, but these heavy songs have almost no structure and I'm just not into it. I'll still go buckwild when they play live, I'm just definitely not jamming this album as much as I Am King

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 11, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm not sure how to feel about the Alice in Chains-like tracks but the beatdown parts are great as always. I should see about going to their show on Wednesday because Code Orange are crazy live and I've only ever seen them play a 25-minute set.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I keep listening to it and I just think it suffers from over-experimentation. The good parts are good but there's too much janky filler in between. My biggest reasoning for complaining is because I wonder how these songs will translate live. Kids will dance to the breakdowns of course but what the gently caress fun is it to stand there and watch them fidget with samples for 45 minutes before a song actually starts.

The whole album (minus the first two songs and those lovely alt-rock songs) feels like a remix of a real album.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Hot take: this is the only Code Orange album I've liked enough to listen in its entirety

goat stimulator
Feb 14, 2012

turn riffs into a weapon

Kelp Me! posted:

Botch/Narrows/These Arms Are Snakes 4 lyfe :hfive:

still funny to me how Dave Knudsen went from Botch to Minus the Bear
you can absolutely still hear the progression between late botch and very early minus the bear.

also code orange still is still the most uninspired garbage i've ever heard and i can't believe they've gotten this far shamelessly ripping off of disembodied. they never do anything of their own volition, it's always because they heard something and want to do something like that (except it turns out to be totally half-baked). they used to steal riffs from full of hell and i remember their one guitarist suddenly having a bunch of delay pedals to have "noise" in their set because it was the "thing" bands were doing at the time. i long await the day i never see a DL4 on hardcore bands' pedalboards ever again. i will never understand what people see in them.

here's a better band to listen to instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWp5CSpcZM

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTgx_4qK6Co

Discovered these guys today only to find out they broke up last year, RIP

I don't listen to much hardcore, if I dig this what else should I be listening to

e:
vvvv

That is one of the only other bands in the genre I know and love :)

kumba fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 18, 2017

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Moundgarden posted:

if I dig this what else should I be listening to

At the risk of ShoogaSlim eviscerating me for how off-base this is, I'm going to suggest that you might enjoy The Ghost Inside.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I am not a fan of The Ghost Inside

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Well that figures.

Guys, there's a new TAIM single up on Apple Music (so probably other streaming services too) called No Absolution that absolutely crushes. Guys. CJ is back.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

Guys, there's a new TAIM single...CJ is back.

gently caress. YES. This is great news.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beelzebozo posted:

Well that figures.

Guys, there's a new TAIM single up on Apple Music (so probably other streaming services too) called No Absolution that absolutely crushes. Guys. CJ is back.

drat this is really good

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Well that was a hell of a lot better than that lovely last album of theirs

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Moundgarden posted:

Well that was a hell of a lot better than that lovely last album of theirs

Eh. I didn't love Holy War, but it was decent (I don't see them ever topping Hate in my eyes). Excited for a new album though.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Where's the new Acacia Strain huh

I'm ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

This TAIM track is just as boring as every other song they've ever put out.