Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
What do folks think of the new Whitechapel? I gave it a listen the other day, it was "fine" but nothing I'd throw on again. Can't say I've been a huge fan of their newer material, but I know there's tons of folks that love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

The Dark Wind posted:

What do folks think of the new Whitechapel? I gave it a listen the other day, it was "fine" but nothing I'd throw on again. Can't say I've been a huge fan of their newer material, but I know there's tons of folks that love them.

It's better than the last album for sure. There's some good tracks on it. Really digging "We are One" right now.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

They lost me when they began trying to do metal more than core

First 2 or 3 records are still fun tho

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

They lost me when they began trying to do metal more than core

First 2 or 3 records are still fun tho

I mean it's not a great album or anything, but there's a few tracks you can throw in a playlist.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They're never going to top Our Endless War. And that's OK with me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Not sure if it's a mistake or what since the album isn't supposed to come out until Friday, but the full album stream of Periphery's Hail Stan was posted on YouTube this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQxhyhdg-w

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It was leaked so they posted it to YouTube themselves because why not

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
They’ve reportedly already started selling physical copies at shows so it was gonna get posted regardless

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Currents, Phinehas, and AILD crushed it last night, loving great show in a ridiculously small venue for the number of people there (1904 in Jacksonville)

Only complaint is it was probably 90 degrees inside, girl behind me passed out from heat exhaustion during song #10 out of 16 of AILD's set

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if AILD is going to release anything other than that one single from a year ago.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
They have a full album coming out this year iirc

They played the new song live, it was excellent

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wark Say posted:

I wonder if AILD is going to release anything other than that one single from a year ago.

They just posted a pic of them in the studio the other day saying that drum tracking was done, so it's coming.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh. Well that's neat! Though now I guess that pretty much takes Phil away from Saosin. :(

Like, I know that Beau Burchell and Chris Sorenson are the main creative guys in Saosin, but a contribution from Phil for new Saosin material would've been rad.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Don't know how I never listened to Bury Your Dead before, but I listened to some earlier BYD before and drat does that poo poo go hard. It has that perfect level of -core chug that's somehow chunky yet smooth at the same time.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Don't know how I never listened to Bury Your Dead before, but I listened to some earlier BYD before and drat does that poo poo go hard. It has that perfect level of -core chug that's somehow chunky yet smooth at the same time.

One of the greats :)

You Had Me At Hello->Cover Your Tracks->Beauty and the Breakdown is a hell of a run

And check out their live DVD from around then to see the utter insanity of BYD in a small club (Chain Reaction) and Mat almost be killed!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxzjrxQHVPU

Bringing some old school post-hardcore/metalcore vibes to 2019. 1:50 goes so hard.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Eight Is Legend posted:

Bringing some old school post-hardcore/metalcore vibes to 2019. 1:50 goes so hard.

this is pretty good - reminds me of a more tech-y/less bass-groove Coalesce with way different production.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
More new After the Burial, it's solid, but I definitely enjoyed the other track more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbd-rA2O2_4

Edit:

Eight Is Legend posted:

This is so my loving jam. I know nu-metal is having a revival, but I'm really hoping for old-school metalcore to have its own revival. Stuff like 7A7P, Remembering Never, etc. is some of my favorite music ever and would love to see that kind of sound come back with full force.

Edit2: The Johnny Booth track is also sweet.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 3, 2019

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Johnny Booth! Why did no one tell me about these guys before? Their new album slaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-UxBmTb4DI

Thirding, fourthing, or whatevering. Never heard of them either and they need some more fuckin' love. Every track rips.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

60 Hertz Jig posted:

Thirding, fourthing, or whatevering. Never heard of them either and they need some more fuckin' love. Every track rips.

Their first album also slays

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

One of my Spotify playlists threw a newer All That Remains song at me this morning (Wasteland, which is p heavy) and it caused me to listen to their new tape. The heavy songs are pretty good, but IDK what happend to Phil's clean vocals... they are not my thing anymore. He sounds cheesy like he's trying to emulate a Disturbed/FFDP type of clean. Bleh. But when they're playing heavy songs they absolutely crush contemporary Parkway Drive, for an example.

A shame Phil's such a chud though!

also, Obey The Brave are dropping a single Friday, get hype :D

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Holy poo poo, Misery Index covering Snapcase's "Zombie Prescription" is taking me back, broys

https://soundcloud.com/newnoisemagazine/misery-index-zombie-prescription-new-noise-magazine-flexi-28

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

One of my Spotify playlists threw a newer All That Remains song at me this morning (Wasteland, which is p heavy) and it caused me to listen to their new tape. The heavy songs are pretty good, but IDK what happend to Phil's clean vocals... they are not my thing anymore. He sounds cheesy like he's trying to emulate a Disturbed/FFDP type of clean. Bleh. But when they're playing heavy songs they absolutely crush contemporary Parkway Drive, for an example.

Even the "heavy" ATR songs are boring now to me. I have no idea what happened to their songwriting after For We Are Many, but it's been complete trash since.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wamsutta posted:

Wasteland is a hilariously simple anti-Communist song now that I look at the lyrics. I actually heard it on the radio today and laughed at the chorus because any well known chud singing about tyranny will just always make me assume they're making an incredibly dumb point.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Inspector_666 posted:

Wasteland is a hilariously simple anti-Communist song now that I look at the lyrics. I actually heard it on the radio today and laughed at the chorus because any well known chud singing about tyranny will just always make me assume they're making an incredibly dumb point.

Yeah it’s a super chuddy song.

ATR next record will be a concept record about Benghazi

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Richardson a chud, though? Like, he's a well-known shithead, but he doesn't strike me as a chud.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

New Periphery is my AOTY thus far. I listen to "Reptile" over and over again (which is saying a lot!). It's so drat good.

I wish DGD's Artificial Selection tour would have been here any other day than the one before I had an early morning meeting so I could have seen them.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 4, 2019

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Dango Bango posted:

New Periphery is my AOTY thus far. I listen to "Reptile" over and over again (which is saying a lot!). It's so drat good.

I wish DGD's Artificial Selection tour would have been here any other day than the one before I had an early morning meeting so I could have seen them.

Definitely a step up above P3 for sure. I've only listened to it 2 times, but I've really liked it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We still talking Dance Gavin Dance in this thread?
https://twitter.com/logan_kale27/status/1113515228061270016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's loving Brooklyn Bowl lol that guy must be brand new

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Holy poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOB3IYBcJEE

2:50 :aaaaa:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Yeah. Everyone click that. Holy poo poo.

I'm from the same county as them dudes, and I've never been prouder of it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

poo poo, just seeing who it was was enough to get me hype.

EDIT: fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that's a good one

XIII fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 4, 2019

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
They just dropped a 3 track EP on Spotify. That track, a cover of a Warriors song, and a re-recording of All My Friends. Cover crushes, All My Friends sounds cleaner but I prefer the original version I think.

Either way, super hyped for any new KL.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
I really wish metal bands would get over the "circular swinging of hair" headbang thing

It just pulls me out every fuckin time I see it. It's such poser bullshit and I hate it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I wish I knew how they did it, it makes me dizzy as gently caress after a few seconds

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mackers posted:

I really wish metal bands would get over the "circular swinging of hair" headbang thing

It just pulls me out every fuckin time I see it. It's such poser bullshit and I hate it.

gently caress that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjiCh88q4kA&t=5s

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
also: that knocked loose song sucks. YEAH. I SAID IT

LONG HAIR DOUBLE POST DONT CARE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

kumba posted:

also: that knocked loose song sucks. YEAH. I SAID IT

LONG HAIR DOUBLE POST DONT CARE

Yeah thats some generic poo poo.