Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

XIII posted:

YES! this is exactly what I hoped you'd say. Lmfao we listen to such garbage I love it.

Speaking of, I finally found it!!

I Exalt - Dialect

https://youtu.be/SFrTeHRYshs

Probably spent a solid hour just googling for that bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Mental Cruelty's Inferis dropped today

Oh man, three minutes into Priest Of Damnation is my new leader in the clubhouse for pig vocal of the year. :allears: Whole thing stronk. Unique Leader is crushing right now. Can’t wait for that Brand of Sacrifice long player on the same label this summer.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Beelzebozo posted:

Brand of Sacrifice

been getting deeper and deeper into this brutal/technical deathcore hole lately but this band was never on my radar. listening to their latest on Spotify "Divinity" and it slaps. thanks for the rec

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
crosspost from metal thread

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:toot:

e: wtf though no NYC-area dates at all? I gotta go to friggin New Haven?

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 17, 2019

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah and they don't go anywhere near the west coast or south, i'm pretty mad at that!!!! and europe gets their whole 'evening with' tour at the end of this year and we have to wait until 2020 in the states ffffffffffff

i think that tour is largely a festival tour tho so that's probably why the route is a bit weird

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is BtBaM like legally required to take The Contortionist on all their tours now?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Them or Animals as Leaders

Tbh I'm totally fine with that

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

kumba posted:

:same:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
that new mortality rate ep fuckin rips FFO a more core Punch with light blasting, shark attack riffs and kick down the door breakdowns

https://mortalityrate.bandcamp.com/album/you-were-the-gasoline

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Parachute posted:

that new mortality rate ep fuckin rips FFO a more core Punch with light blasting, shark attack riffs and kick down the door breakdowns

https://mortalityrate.bandcamp.com/album/you-were-the-gasoline

I was sold at "a more core Punch". This fuckin' rips

Also, new single from Oh, Sleeper. This and the previous single has got me pretty stoked for a new album. I loved Son of the Morning, but slept on Children of Fire up until recently when I finally gave it a real listen. Glad I did because it's drat good. (Son of the Morning also holds up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwmYnz47Jag

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Mortality Rate is cool but i really can't stand it when bands add a track to an album (ESPECIALLY the first track) that's essentially just noise. people are always always going to skip it and you artificially inflate the number of tracks on your album. stupid practice imo.

on the bright side, at least it's its own track and can be skipped instead of it being part of the first song.

that said - this EP is tight. i can't help but compare Mortality Rate to Judiciary since they did a split together and i'm so disappointed in the production on Judiciary's latest.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is BtBaM like legally required to take The Contortionist on all their tours now?
Or Tesseract.

kumba posted:

:yeah:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Uuuugh, I missed Tesseract every time they came through. I need my ears crushed by bass riffs, damnit

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

Mortality Rate is cool but i really can't stand it when bands add a track to an album (ESPECIALLY the first track) that's essentially just noise. people are always always going to skip it and you artificially inflate the number of tracks on your album. stupid practice imo.

on the bright side, at least it's its own track and can be skipped instead of it being part of the first song.

that said - this EP is tight. i can't help but compare Mortality Rate to Judiciary since they did a split together and i'm so disappointed in the production on Judiciary's latest.

On the flip side, I appreciate when bands add their "interludes" as separate tracks in the middle of albums, instead of tacking them onto the end of a song. Much better for playlist building.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

mother fuckers gonna make me fly back home to nyc for this. every band rules hard.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
That sure is a lineup. Too bad the Cleveland date is at the Foundry, you can fit like 40 comfortably in that poo poo hole

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
More new Knocked Loose, new album in August with a Keith Buckley feature :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYbJC9-h5Z4

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

More new Knocked Loose, new album in August with a Keith Buckley feature :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYbJC9-h5Z4

Yeah, he mentioned he was on the new album on Lambgoat's podcast (which was also where I learned KL had a full length coming out, not just the EP from a few weeks ago). New songs loving crushes.

Also, I know you should never go into the YT comments, but this got a laugh outta me:
"needless to say my kids didn't expect the wall of death that came at them this morning"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

can the singer of KL give his mop a towel dry before getting dressed or what? his whole look post haircut is wet kurt cobain.

new song is a big snoozefest btw

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah I love most of the stuff in this thread but really don't get the hype for them specifically

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's because of the mosh-potentiator.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I like KL but I'm not blown away by them or anything. The pure mosh spot in my heart is always going to be occupied by On Broken Wings

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Just wanna remind everyone that Incendiary's album they released two years ago still fuckin owns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na8t7flTOPI

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

My buddies' band, Grayscale Season, just released the first single off their upcoming album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxLsGxggEE

Fun fact: Thanks to this thread, I got to spend 10 days touring Europe with them.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

^ this rules

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Went to the last architects date tonight in chicago. Can't say i am the biggest fan of while she sleeps, and thy art is murder isnt my thing really. Architects loving slayed though. I isually shame people who record video at shows but i just had to for gone with the wind. Great show and i hope to see them again.

Also they didn't play early grave :(

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Went to the last architects date tonight in chicago. Can't say i am the biggest fan of while she sleeps, and thy art is murder isnt my thing really. Architects loving slayed though. I isually shame people who record video at shows but i just had to for gone with the wind. Great show and i hope to see them again.

Also they didn't play early grave :(

I thought TAIM was kinda boring live, but they played really well (and I bought 2 shirts, since I already have a couple Architects tees). Architects always put on a good live show. Their light show is always killer. I actually bought a ticket for my friend who isn't a metal fan AT ALL and she loved it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did they play Wasted Hymn?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Did they play Wasted Hymn?

Nope. I would have loved to hear Devil's Island or Early Grave. But their light show is so tightly run that their never gone stray from the set list, so just check setlist.fm beforehand and you'll know what they'll play

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

My buddies' band, Grayscale Season, just released the first single off their upcoming album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxLsGxggEE

Fun fact: Thanks to this thread, I got to spend 10 days touring Europe with them.

Goddamn this goes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

XIII posted:

Nope. I would have loved to hear Devil's Island or Early Grave. But their light show is so tightly run that their never gone stray from the set list, so just check setlist.fm beforehand and you'll know what they'll play
Yeah, that's the downside of having your show "on wheels" running it on with ProTools or whatever triggering the cue changes via midi on... I think they use Kempers for whenever they're away from the UK? I know Adam is a Mesa guy and Josh worships his Marshall JMP from the late 70's, but I'm not sure about what they use for modeling.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ShoogaSlim posted:

can the singer of KL give his mop a towel dry before getting dressed or what? his whole look post haircut is wet kurt cobain.

new song is a big snoozefest btw

kumba posted:

yeah I love most of the stuff in this thread but really don't get the hype for them specifically

lolololol @ wet Cobain

But yeah, I'm with you guys. Like what you like, it's just music, but I find KL super duper boring.

Granted, 90% of what I listen to is much heavier on the tech / math side these days, so any *core band that relies on my typical chugga riffs or breakdowns is like....it's fine, I don't mind listening to it, but it doesn't really hook me, typically.

Except Zao, but hey, can't help but crush on your first love.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2J8cEd2U4

Destrage dropped a new album/video. They're one of those bands that I don't actually know if I like or not, but they write some batshit tunes, so I'll always give their new stuff a spin

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Harm's Way, Jesus Piece and Portrayal of Guilt are touring together. How hard do I need to hit the weightroom to survive?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Harm's Way, Jesus Piece and Portrayal of Guilt are touring together. How hard do I need to hit the weightroom to survive?
  • 30-to-50 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of lifting.
  • Eat healthy, sleep well.
In two weeks you'll be ready.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2J8cEd2U4

Destrage dropped a new album/video. They're one of those bands that I don't actually know if I like or not, but they write some batshit tunes, so I'll always give their new stuff a spin

i'm a big fan, it's a good listen front to back

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

the brooklyn date for this is one night before the acacia strain tour is in brooklyn. looking up flights back home as we speak

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i wanna see a show on that tour and let my inner caveman come out but i don't think its in the realm of possibilities rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

^ you should go, it'll be fun

sidenote: i'm pretty sure TAS is going to break up soon? they didn't play a single post-wormwood song on the knocked loose tour (maybe dust in the helix actually) and now they're playing headlining gigs at teeny tiny venues, which is both awesome and strange. feels weird for vincent to recruit all new members to keep the band going and put out new records but then never play the music written by current members live.