Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"

Eight Is Legend posted:

I guess this is the thread to discuss the new He Is Legend record, "It Hates You" - which fuckin' kicks rear end. The intro riff on "That's Nasty" is so mean, bordering on drone-ish.

I wasn't sure where to talk about them either, but the main verses and riffs to "Primarily Blues" are heavy as hell. I need to give this album a sit-down-hold-still listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Every time a new the Bled album comes out, it's like falling in love all over again. For me, anyway.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

I must have missed something somewhere, but why are people referring to albums as "tapes" now?

Also, the riff around 1:50 on "Time and Place for Everything" on Danza III is the heaviest thing they've ever written.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

I just stumbled upon a band from India called Bhayanak Maut. The first three songs on their profile are a new recording, far better quality than the rest. They definitely fall under the blanket term "metalcore" and are maybe a little generic. But if you like vocals with a bit of character, catchy guitar riffs, and a really tight and technical recording, check them out.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

I've never voluntarily listen to Dr. Acula because of the unforgivably lovely band name, but I had to admit I kind of liked that song. But that's probably just because the first part sounds like Static-X.

Edit: Wikipedia says "Their band name is derived from an alternative perspective from the name of Dracula." Ha, or maybe there's a chance it was derived from a famous Mitch Hedberg joke.

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 11, 2011

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Optimum Gulps posted:

Amia Venera Landscape

Holy poo poo, thank you. This reminds me of that sweet spot around 2005-2006 when Scarlet and the Bled and all the actually-good metalcore bands were putting out epic albums.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

ChompOnThis posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for grindcore bands similar to: Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer or Brutal Truth. Also, I'm looking for recommendations for any bands like Trash Talk.

Check out Relevant Few, a fairly unknown sociopolitical grind band from Sweden that put out two bitchin' albums and a couple splits before the lead singer killed himself. Not a morbid as Pig Destroyer's lyrics or as fast as Scott Hull's drum machine, but Jesus, did they kick some rear end.

Edit: As far as more popular grind bands go, Afgrund, Tacheless, Blockheads, Gridlink, Mumakil and Sayyadina are all worth a listen and have albums you can actually find.

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

The Charm, The Fury just released their first EP this week and it's worth listening to if you have a soft spot for the rockin' side of metalcore. (Think Underoath, the Bled, ETID, etc) I'm not their ambassador to the USA or anything, I just think they're fairly interesting and extremely catchy.