Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Find me a band heavier than the acacia strain. My username is named after them. They break my dick EVERY TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Born of Osiris has some pretty heavy moments. The Faceless is loving crazy, but they're not heavy like The Acacia Strain.

Try out Shinto Katana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOTTXyHbgQ). That song and Frozen are pretty drat good, and they sound kind of like TAS.

You helped fill something inside my heart today.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

:dance:

First thing I thought of when I heard them was they remind me a lot of the strain.

They are kind of sloppy though :(.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Their bassist is loving insane as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JxAanEiV5w

I saw them with recon, the acacia strain, and despised icon (the night I pretty much accepted death). I fell in love with their bassist and now I want to be him.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Holy poo poo. I saw emmure last night at the 'thrash and burn' fest (loving gay name) with despised icon and veil of maya. Emmure was phenomenal.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Hah, they always are. Most people's complaint against Emmure is that they're music is too derivative/breakdowney or whatever but god drat if they don't do it well.

edit: how is 'Bars in Astoria' live?

I completely understand when people come at bands for that poo poo but emmure is so different. I haven't seen too many bands show as much emotion live as they do. It's not just CHUG CHUG CHUG, they get so into it and you can feel it. Bars in Astoria live is absolutely mental, they played felony too. Both those songs had the 'metal' kids that where there for devil driver moving.

I have seen emmure 3 or 4 times before this and those times where awesome but this set completely and utterly floored me. One of those times was when they played a basement of a venue and the front bar got slammed down and security had to push us back and told us to cut it out. No one listened though, it was an awesome mess. The only issue I have with their live set is how high the dB rating is. I woke up this morning and it sounded like fire extinguishers where going off in my ears.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
i'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttn1otpx7zA

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Ehh, I've seen after the burial a couple times and they just never have put on a standout show for me

Care to explain why? I thought they where phenomenal when I saw them.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZjJGjK8sM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrpiAX0wNgo

The acacia strain is the best.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHsti97hAFw

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
The one is pretty much an alcoholic too. that makes em different.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
the acacia strain(<3) and impending doom saturday in allentown PA. Anyone here gonna be here?

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
The new ghost inside is absolutely killer.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

krustster posted:

The new Ghost Inside tape has now "leaked" and it is loving incredible. Seriously it is unbelievably good (unless you don't like good music in which case you are dumb and wrong)

*tries to come up with an appropriate emoticon to express his amazement*

:supaburn: will have to do.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

edit: Oh my god.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

SeraphSlaughter posted:

fuckin sick brah

Haha I love you

edit for content: you guys need to be spinning the new ion dissonance right now (I know many of you are).

Gaza fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 2, 2010

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
I loving hate emmure so much but their new album is so stupid heavy that I'm going to listen to it every now and then. I guess that means I'm terrible but I don't care.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

Some noteworthy LI bands (with links to youtube videos/songs)

From the Pawn Really really good friends of mine, singer of Emmure does guest vocals on their album, they recently played with White Chapel, etc. Song/video is really old though.
The World We Knew Were signed to Stillborn Records, now on some other label, been at it for a while, I'm cool with the singer and guitarist.
Cipher (Myspace link) Really preachy, but positive and thought-provoking hardcore band that's been around for a while, I really dig these guys and their message. I couldn't find an official video or anything, if you want a kind of low quality live video here

The partisan turbine is from LI no?

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

Yeah they are, really cool with those dudes too. The bassist and I were like best friends at one point. They're not together anymore, though. My friend the bassist started playing guitar in Revenance and then him, the singer of Revenance and the drummer of Partisan Turbine formed a little band called Mother Brain

haha I remember one time I went to see the partisan turbine and whitechapel play in some lovely PA venue and the partisan turbine didn't show up because the drummers dad grounded him and wouldn't let him go on tour.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

OnlyJuanMon posted:

^ Maybe just scoot upstairs for Entombment, no?

Just forget upstairs exists and see btbam when they are on a ticket with better bands.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Bumping this thread and just general The Acacia Strain chat. This band is the core of this genre I don't care what anyone loving says.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6d-gwNU-Ac

THIS loving TRACK. They kept it real holy poo poo. Memories.

Gaza fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 2, 2011

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Going through old all shall perish is making me want to break everything in my house. The price of existence is such a sick album. I loving wish I could keep this thread alive with new poo poo but I'm just not in the scene anymore. Haven't been to a somethingcore show in ages. I haven't thrown up x's (haha) in so long. It was good and I still listen to this poo poo all the time but its always going to be the dead walk or the price of existence or despised icon and I can't continue to be fed copied poo poo from 15 year old kids. Not making GBS threads on new bands but If you are going to make music I want to listen to don't throw up an album I already have been listening to for years. But what was I saying? oh yeah...THE PROMISES YOU FORGOT WE HAD...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

the Bunt posted:

I realized that I don't really like deathcore and that all the heavy bands I listen to are more experimental and adventurous rather than frat-boy-who-uses-hand-soap-for-shampoo breakdown music.

Look at how unique you are!