Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Chimaira needs to release a new album...now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Why do we need a new thread?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

the Bunt posted:

It's not that wildly active in here anymore anyways, I don't think it's the best time for a new thread.

It never really was.

Not saying that in a bad way; just pointing out the fact that a new thread is really not needed.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

LISTEN TO THE BAND I POSTED YOU FAGGOTS :argh:

sorry, I'm a little festive today.

I have listened.

There not very good.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

m3talh3ad posted:

But hey that news about Adam D and Jesse getting back together may be really sweet

Has anything else then "its coming out in October" been said about there album? Im really curious as to what it sounds like...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

-Atom- posted:

Anybody know what's going on with It Dies Today? Once Trustkill went under they seem to have dropped off.

Wikipedia says there played over in berlin in august, so im guessing there still together.

Lividity was pretty mediocre; there were maybe 2-3 songs that were pretty good. Rest was filler.

Never heard any of there other albums; how does it fair to lividity?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
New All that remains album is floating around out there.

It's pretty good, phil's voice sounds excellent, instruments are spot on. Its not a return to "Fall of ideals" style though; it just sounds like "Overcome"'s song writing/structure paired with the sound of "Fall of ideals"

Thats really it. If your a fan of ATR, you'll love it (Like me) if your not, you wont.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Pres posted:

Edit: Tickets go on sale for the A Day To Remember UK tour today.

DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS!

I dont know where ADTR belongs in terms of NMD discussion (there kinda pop-punk, kinda metalcore) but they released there second song from there new album coming out next month and its pretty loving sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CTtjoF5Dk

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Unearth parts ways with another drummer (and have a new album due out spring next year):

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?...wMsrox3DNXj4%3d

This band just loves to run them out of town dont they? :psyduck: still loving pumped to hear new stuff from them though; The Oncoming Storm/EOF/The March are three drat-fine albums :colbert:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kevar posted:

Attacking Attack Attack is more effort than they're worth.

Pretty much this.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Unearth has chosen Adam D to produce there upcoming album...

...good i guess, he produced all there other ones besides Eyes of Fire, i just want them to hurry the gently caress up, i want new unearth :(

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Pres posted:

The new ADTR album has Leaked.

Bring on the cheesey one liners!

I dont care what anyone else says, ADTR puts out some awesome catchy poo poo :colbert:

New album is pretty good. A little lacking on the screaming though, which is a shame.

Seeing All that remains with the GF in nyc tonight, loving pumped :black101:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Controller is loving awesome and my favorite album of 08. I cant tell you the amount of times i've listened to that album all the way through.

It sucks that they lost those two members, does anyone know if they were the main song-writers for the band or not?

Funny enough, the only Misery Signals album i like is controller... Mirrors was pretty generic to me, but something about the way controller sounds is just loving awesome. Its got this kinda epic spacious thing going on, and some of the guitar tracks (there not really riffs, i dont know how to explain them) just help set the mood to it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

elbkaida posted:

Yeah I think I know what you mean with the guitar playing, there is often some "atmospheric" stuff going that creates a pretty unique sound. But this is definately also on their other stuff. Controller sounds just a bit, I don't know, tighter? than Mirrors.

Yeah, that's exactly what i was talking about. I'll listen to mirrors again sometime soon and see if it grabs me, it just didnt before.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Mazel Tov posted:

My band has a new song up from our CD that's coming out soon. Check it out!

http://openfire.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-the-curse

Also if anyone is interested I have a few more songs I can e-mail.

Uhhh, this poo poo is pretty loving good.

Put some of the songs up on megaupload with a password or some poo poo :)
(the ones that you would have emailed people, i meant)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yup! They work :) will listen to a bit later and post impressions.

And uh, hey guys, the "Times of Grace" album leaked (the old killswitch singer/Adam D's band) and its loving amazing. Like seriously. Go listen to it NOW.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

A5H posted:

It's so loving disappointing. Argh!

Haha what? Please tell me your kidding. Pretty much every song on this album is good to great; i've probably listened to it about 5 or 6 times now and i havent skipped a song yet :)

To each his own, i guess. What do you think is disappointing about it?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

This is all based off of hearing one song mind you. But that's my opinion.

Are you serious? Listen to atleast MOST of the album :psyduck:

I agree with people saying its not anything NEW, but goddamn its loving tight and incredibly-catchy.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

SteelFusion posted:

I really like it. :shobon:

The only complaint I have is that Adam's vocals are too overproduced a lot of the time. I know he's an incredible producer, but he has a great voice too, damnit. No need to do that.

Yeah its been like that ever since Daylight Dies. I find his voice kinda jarring whenever it enters a song; and not always in a good way. I dont know exactly how to explain it, its just way to clean (and always seems louder in the mix then almost everything else, including other peoples vocals)

I guess he can get away with it, since he mixes/produces the majority of albums he works on! :v:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Just waitin for my unearth and trivium.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Aren't As i lay dying in the studio also right now? Powerless Rise was pretty loving good :)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

BiohazrD posted:

Oh sweet Jesus. If we see another album by them this soon I'll probably lose my loving mind.

Powerless Rise wasn't "pretty loving good", it wasn't "the best thing I've heard in a while", it was "the best loving album". As in ever.

There in the studio recording songs; but there being pretty cagey as to if its for a new album or not. I saw them answer a twitter question saying that they'll have a "Variety of new songs out later this year" but they didnt outright say if its an Album or EP or something else.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kevar posted:

I miss early '00s metalcore :smith:

Jesus christ dont start this poo poo.

Im sure the people of 2002 were saying "Boy i sure do miss the days of good ole swedish melodic death metal"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

A5H posted:

He's right though.
This deathcore movement is embarrassing.

Just ride it out for another year and it'll be replaced by another movement that everyone can bitch about :v:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
New born of osiris song off there upcoming album:

http://www.facebook.com/bornofosiris?v=app_178091127385

Hmm yes yes, me likey. Glad to see there embracing there "electronic" side since it always seemed kinda half-assed before.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

this Born of Osiris song does indeed sound great. Their last tape was good but a bit disappointing....this one is going to be clever for sure.

Care to explain why? I only have there last album and thought it was pretty good, should i spring for their earlier ones also?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Mark from chimaira keeps tweeting that he's in the studio and stuff but he's not saying for who.

Does anyone know if there recording a new album?

Ah poo poo answered my own question:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152680

Fuckin' nice! More chimaira is always good. Havent had a bad album since Impossibility :)

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 14, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Dont emmure and acacia strain hate eachother? What was the deal with that? I seem to remember it was stolen riffs and poo poo like that...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for some melodic metalcore kinda like Misery Signals and The Ghost Inside? I've been on a stint of their stuff lately and want more.

VVVV I thought the first half of that video was really boring and that guys vocals sound really annoying.

Try Unearths "the march". It isnt nearly as technical as "controller" but its some pretty drat fine melodic stuff.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Well considering there last 2 EP's were about an hours length, im gonna call it an LP. :colbert:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

The Dark Wind posted:

Those are two of my favorite bands, it's surprisingly hard to find bands with similar sounds. You will most definitely enjoy Counterparts, who are playing with Shai Hulud currently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDCo3t9yQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOUtX7TeP8

Holy poo poo, thank you for posting this. :black101:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Apparently BTBAM's upcoming LP is "part one of a two part suite, the second of which is a full album"

loving sweet.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/23/thomas-giles-btbams-tommy-rogers-the-metalsucks-interview/

Could always use some more proggy metalcore :)

EDIT- and its three songs long :v: (the upcoming LP)

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 24, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

the Bunt posted:

Yeah but you could tell Tommy was really pissed about stuff if you read the older lyrics. Stuff like Arsonist and Fire for a Dry Mouth etc. are very intensely passionate.

now it's all about loving alien invasions or whatever TGM was about.

There's a lot to like about the self titled. It could do with a re-recording or remastering. Use of a Weapon is a beautiful song.

Well i would imagine that most musicians, you know, grow up out of being angry at everyone and then have to find other things to write songs/sing about.

I mean it happens to pretty much every metal band who's early material was all about anger and angst. Just go listen to some of atreyu's earlier work (suicide notes/butterfly kisses and The curse) and then compare them to the abortion that is Lead Sails/Paper Anchor.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
So the new Human Abstract album is floating around now. It's pretty good, except for one song "holographic sight" that's honestly pretty bad.

Overall though very good. Nothing super-spooge worthy though, IMO.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Don Mega posted:

I just got done smokin and listened to that instrumental intro song and it killed me.

Be prepared to die again when you realize how short the album is :(

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
New Born of Osiris is also out there now, i just got done listening to it and i like it a lot.

I dont really know what else to say about it; if you like BoS you'll probably like this album (its called The Discovery). They've definitely refined there song-writing a bit and the keyboard elements take a bigger role than i previous albums, its really nice.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

LoG posted:

I'm really digging The Discovery. I've been listening to it nonstop pretty much all day.

Off topic by do idiots do this? It has to be pretty much the stupidest internet shorthand on this forum:

There being sarcastic %95 of the time they use "p. much" relax brohan :c00lbert:

Yeah the keyboard interludes in the new BoS get pretty old quickly but its still a good album. Worth throwing into your rotation.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Im just glad i finally got to hear something new from Misery Signals.

And the best part is they sound more or less the same from Controller (which i have spooged over multiple times in this thread) in terms of Vocal range (the production still has Karl with a booming "Bigger than god" voice from controller and its loving awesome) and guitars doing cool atmospheric melodys and poo poo in the background.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Dr. Acula's from LI? Thats kinda cool i guess.

Any other bands that we regularly talk about from LI? I live on LI so i think thats kinda cool :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

heeebrew posted:

YES!!!!!

I want to know what the best new hardcore albums are this year from your area. First Blood's new album is good from SF.

Wrong thread man:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2673084

:)