Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys, Im relatively new to the -core scene, having been introduced to it by my neighbor in my dorm. I tend to like anyone who successfully combines singing and screaming and am looking to expand outward in my tastes. Currently, Im enjoying Enter Shikari, As I Lay Dying, Of Mice & Men, Motionless in White, The Word Alive, Parkway Drive, and Alesana.

I have to admit, Im not a huge genre junkie, so I apologize if any of those is grossly wrong for this thread.

Thanks dudes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Wamsutta posted:

Immediately procure and listen to every record by Misery Signals

Whoa, am I glad I decided to post. Mind blown!

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Im gonna agree with Deth, awesome recommendation! Now to look them up on Spotify!

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Loving Vanna and The Ghost Inside, not a huge fan of Periphery though :/

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Broken Lens is my favorite off the new album by far. Going to see them on Sunday with Fit For A King, Gideon, Phinehas, and Silent Plant. Show's going to be brutal.

This tour was rad as hell. Saw it in St. Louis.

Also, I hope you got the chance to talk to some of the dudes. Ryan from FFAK and Garrett from Silent Planet are awesome guys. I've seen SP 6 times, and it's always a pleasure talking to them after the show.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Broken Lens and Foundation live were absolute madness last Sunday. And that's after Fit For A King wore out the crowd.

I always feel bad for bands that play after FFAK. When I saw this tour, after they played I thought it couldn't get wilder, then For Today came on and wrecked everyone's faces. It was incredible.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Seeing Parkway Drive tonight :getin:

Jealous, they never come any where near me, it seems.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Anyone listened to the new Ice Nine Kills album?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Funniest concert of my life was seeing We Came As Romans and Emmure together. All the 12 year old girls who came to see WCAR were absolutely terrified when Emmure came on.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
gently caress yeah, St Louis is on there. FUBAR is a tiny venue to, that tour will rip it apart.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Motionless In White has a really good name, which makes the fact that they loving suck a crushing disappointment. I didn't know Marilyn Manson could get edgier and less subtle.

But I started diving through metalcore in general because of this band called Ice Nine Kills. They released a new album this month and it's pretty baller. This is basically my new theme song.

I just recently got into I9K and I'm really enjoying this album. But I'm a sucker for story telling bands.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

WickedHate posted:

It actually introduced me to a book I never heard of before, Tess of the d'Urbervilles. I don't know how I feel about them doing a Diary of Anne Frank song, though.

Which song is about Anne Frank?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Holy poo poo. That's mega hosed up, man.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
New Veil is, as has been said, really drat good. I was surprised to see positive views of WCAR here, will have to give their new stuff a listen soon.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Quantum Shart posted:

Welp, just got my Polaris tickets for Feb.
Which of these supports worth listening to.
Alpha Wolf - Crystal Lake - Wage War

I'm a couple days late, but definitely Crystal Lake, they are my favorite recent discovery and I'm kinda jealous you get to see them :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
The lyrics on both tracks from TGI so far have been so good :v:

I am so happy they are back, hopefully can rectify my sin of never seeing them live.